Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Monday Morning Thoughts: Looking ahead to a big game at Texas A&M
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Monday Morning Thoughts: Looking ahead to a big game at Texas A&M

Sep 3, 2018, 8:05 AM

Monday Morning Thoughts: Looking ahead to a big game at Texas A&M

Clemson gets its first big test of the season Saturday when the No. 2 Tigers travel to Texas A&M and there are storylines galore. The Tigers dispatched Furman in easy fashion Saturday while Texas A&M drubbed Northwestern St. Thursday night.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Monday Morning Thoughts: Looking ahead to a big game at Texas A&M

Sep 3, 2018, 9:52 AM

Nobody is talking about the tropical storm coming through texas this week. Its supposed to rain everyday and on game day. Gonna make for and interesting game.

Texas A&M could build a dome by Saturday

Sep 3, 2018, 11:04 AM

Money isn’t an object to them, everything is bigger in Texas, including building a dome in a week ??!

They might see rain as an advantage ??

I say we beat them by 20 and show our true colors this week!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Texas A&M could build a dome by Saturday

Sep 3, 2018, 11:05 AM

I like the way you think!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weather will play a factor this weekend! SPOT THE BALL!***

Sep 3, 2018, 11:16 AM

Buses for players & coaches

Sep 3, 2018, 11:58 AM

Does anyone know who arranged for the buses at Texas A&M back in 2004? If my memory serves me correctly those buses did not have AC. Did our athletic department at the time outsource that decision to some staffer at aTm?

In my brief Tigernet search for an article from 2004, I could not find anything to support my memory.
I don't think heat on buses was the main contributor to the loss that day, but I'm sure it was one of the factors.

Do we have buses with AC lined up to transport our guys this year?

Re: Thoughts also,,,,

Sep 3, 2018, 1:01 PM

No doubt this will be a different matchup for the Tigers. The will play a bigger, faster, stronger team. But this what you want as a measuring stick.
Beating a team like Furman was suppose to be done like it was.
Offensive line play needs to show it can open holes and creases for the running backs.
Wide receivers hopefully will block better.
Defensive backs need to continue tight coverage but know where the ball is.
Simply put the Tigers need to prove who they are and the time is now.

Re: TNET: Monday Morning Thoughts: Looking ahead to a big game at Texas A&M

Sep 3, 2018, 1:16 PM

Monday Morning Thoughts: Looking ahead to a big game at Texas A&M

Clemson gets its first big test of the season Saturday when the No. 2 Tigers travel to Texas A&M and there are storylines galore. The Tigers dispatched Furman in easy fashion Saturday while Texas A&M drubbed Northwestern St. Thursday night.
Full Story »

Swinney is 4-4the last eight years against FSU.... Didn't CDS say after the Winston Jamis game that if the two teams meet 10 times, it would be half and half....
The man can see the future

Speaking of Nick Saban

Sep 3, 2018, 1:28 PM

I am so sick of that SoB! In the last few weeks, I've been dying to see anything on TV about college football as I've been so excited for this season. But I swear I could not watch any CFB talk show that wasn't at least 3/4 about Nick Saban. That ###### is on my last nerve. Somebody beat Alabama and shut the talking heads (esp. Paul Finebomb) up about Nick Saban. Please!!

Re: Speaking of Nick Saban

Sep 3, 2018, 5:43 PM

Let's leave that to us in January. The bigger they are the harder we going to make them fall

I've watched A&M's opening game.....

Sep 6, 2018, 10:22 AM

.....and I'm thouroughly unimpressed.

Like TX, FSU, Miami and Michigan - this is another team that's riding the ESPN game-day atmosphere on Clemson's coat tail.

Why?

On their opening weekend, A&M beat up on a team that went 4-7 last year. They (A&M) ran 500+ yards of offense on the ground, 240 of those yards from one running back that is relatively unknown. That running back isn't going through our front 4, the QB is about as accurate as KB2 and the opposing team STILL ran through the (A&M) line a to sack the QB twice.

There WILL be 105K rabid A&M fans there - and this will be the largest non-conference opponent to EVER step foot on KYLE field. You can bet the place will be crazy......but......so was Louisville last year (CU/UL had largest crown in UL history) - so were the playoffs the last THREE years. I feel Clemson will be ready once they settle down - which may take a few series. Once they hit stride, the 12th man will be rendered obsolete.

I'm no gambler but I'd wager that with a new coach, a new stance on how A&M operates, a recent history of mediocrity, a par to sub-par QB, one true offensive weapon and this game being nationally televised (Clemson's starters are more than used to that), that A&M chokes.

I'm going with Clemson by 3 touchdowns. Jimbo WILL rebuild this team. It just won't be this year.

Re: I've watched A&M's opening game.....

Sep 6, 2018, 10:29 AM

Seems like most of the Clemson blogs expect a Clemson win:

ShakintheSouthland
https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2018/9/6/17825828/depth-chart-blue-chip-analysis-clemson-vs-texas-a-m

Rubbing the Rock
https://rubbingtherock.com/2018/09/03/clemson-football-early-vegas-odds-vs-texas-aggies/

ClemsonPaws
https://clemsonpaws.com/advanced-stat-preview-texas-am/

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic