Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Memorable moments: Most dominant performances in Clemson history
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Memorable moments: Most dominant performances in Clemson history

Jul 3, 2020, 2:34 PM

Memorable moments: Most dominant performances in Clemson history

Looking at the most dominant performances from Tiger football spanning from the early 1900s to more recently. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Memorable moments: Most dominant performances in Clemson history

Jul 3, 2020, 2:53 PM

There could easily have been a lot more in recent history if Dabo had chosen to play the game that way. A figure that we rarely mention is the number of players who get to play in meaningful games for the Tigers. I would be very surprised if there is any team who is a close second.

Jul 3, 2020, 4:18 PM

Best one was the Alabama game just because it made so many SEC fans cry.

In reverse, the Tigers got blown out by West Virginia and that brought on the hiring of probably the best DC in the country who is fun to watch. So, the loss sucked, but it turned into a good thing.

Jul 3, 2020, 7:28 PM

I'm going with the Bama game as well since the competition was much tougher than the coots and the other teams.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

YES!

Jul 4, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Memorable moments: Most dominant performances in Clemson history ]

I watched the 2011 Clemson-Maryland game last night. Kevin Steele was the DC. Maryland's QB was picking us apart with the zone read. One of the commentators, I believe it was Brian Griese, kept saying over and over that our defense couldn't figure it out. Thankfully, Tajh Boyd and our offense keep scoring on their defense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Missouri Came To Clemson...... ---

Jul 3, 2020, 6:18 PM

......and got their black and gold colors blown right off of them. It was so bad....ABC cut the game broadcast to prepare for another.

Jul 3, 2020, 8:50 PM

I will enjoy these posts once we know we will have football in the FALL. Who gives a #### about anything football related if our governor doesn't grow a pair? And as a teacher, I am willing to be locked up for protesting over this. McMaster needs someone to set him straight. He doesn't have the balls to shut down Myrtle Beach and SC beaches where the virus is spreading, doesn't have the balls to issue an order that we wear masks but pretends to have fake balls to say we won't have football if our numbers don't go down?

Clemson 84 Auburn 53 2018***

Jul 4, 2020, 12:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson 84 Auburn 53 2018***

Jul 4, 2020, 9:46 AM

Good call, I go back and watch the highlights of that game every once in a while. Our team came close to knocking off KU as well to go to the Elite Eight.

I have to add, from 1981, the total blowout domination of

Jul 4, 2020, 10:56 AM

Clemson over Wake Forest. 82-24, and it could have been so, so much worse. I think Danny put in some cheerleaders in the fourth quarter, names that weren't even listed in the program that day.

The biggest thing I remember is The Demon Deacon taking over for The Tiger doing pushups on the backboard after some of the later scores. The Tiger was flat wore out from all the ones he had previously done!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2020, 3:01 PM

My top 5:
CU 58 Miami 0
CU 82 Wake Forest 24
CU 30 ND 3
CU 44 Bama 16
CU 31 OH ST 0

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive