Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Georgia Tech QB says Tigers' defensive line best in "college football, ever"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: Georgia Tech QB says Tigers' defensive line best in "college football, ever"

Jul 23, 2018, 12:53 PM

Georgia Tech QB says Tigers' defensive line best in "college football, ever"

Georgia Tech quarterback TaQuon Marshall has high praise for Clemson’s defensive line, saying the Tigers have what might be the best group of defensive linemen in college football history.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Georgia Tech QB says Tigers' defensive line best in "college football, ever"

Jul 23, 2018, 1:41 PM

DON'T LET JAKE BENTLEY READ THIS!!!!!! He's already scared!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think you meant Jake "the 4head" Bentley

Jul 23, 2018, 2:01 PM

He's thrown for less than a 100 yds in 2 games against us

Message was edited by: gville76

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: TNET: Georgia Tech QB says Tigers' defensive line best in "college football, ever"

Jul 23, 2018, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Georgia Tech QB says Tigers' defensive line best in "college football, ever" ]

I am beginning to sense some over-confidence on our part that really worries me. The game in Atlanta will likely be a war, as will the one in Raliegh, and the one in Louisville. And we are a team that is in the middle of a QB controversy, not at all healthy for the team's mentality. And we may well not play our best QB. How good is our OL?? Frank Howard once said that he'd rather start at the back of the room and move to the front, rather than the reverse. We're starting at the front of the room, and I'm just not sure that's justified, and am really concerned. Hope that I'm wrong.

What the #### are you even talking about?

Jul 23, 2018, 3:07 PM

Possibly one of most asinine comment I've ever read on here.

Re: What the #### are you even talking about?

Jul 24, 2018, 11:10 AM

I agree. That was truly one of the most stupid things I've read in my life. Rather be in the back (like Virginia) than in the front (like Clemson)?????? You must be kidding. Please tell me you were joking. Remember when Dabo took over? Clemson wasn't even in the back then. And you want to go further back than that???? Amazing.

Jul 23, 2018, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Georgia Tech QB says Tigers' defensive line best in "college football, ever" ]

In addition to being full of cr*p, as a Coot I guess you wouldn't know that "we" are not playing Louisville at Louisville or NC State in Raleigh.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Georgia Tech QB says Tigers' defensive line best in "college football, ever" ]

Dgcannon=coot. We played in Raleigh last year as well as Louisville. Dude you don't even know the schedule.

Tigermaul = marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = FrankM

Jul 23, 2018, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Georgia Tech QB says Tigers' defensive line best in "college football, ever" ]

Jul 23, 2018, 1:41 PM

Be careful what you wish for.

Jul 23, 2018, 1:43 PM

" That's the best DLine you'll see in college football , at least right now "
Maybe EVER isn't even ever anymore ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

The very next sentence:

Jul 24, 2018, 9:21 AM

“There might be a group that comes through in the future, but as of right now that's the best group you'll see now and from the past,” Marshall said.”

I think that implies “ever”.

Jul 23, 2018, 1:53 PM

You know, if GT plays really well this year, and they take care of business in the Coastal, then he might have his wish come true TWICE this year.

Jul 23, 2018, 2:00 PM

I respect his fighting spirit and the sportsmanship. No excuses. Sounds like a good dude outside the lines

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bless his heart

Jul 23, 2018, 2:09 PM

After 9/22 he won't be so eager to play the Tigers any more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

PLANE?

Jul 23, 2018, 2:19 PM

No way they flew from Atlanta to Clemson? Did he get hit so hard he forgot he was on a bus maybe?

Re: PLANE?

Jul 23, 2018, 4:59 PM

Haha! Then he AND Coach Johnson were like, "man, I hope we play those guys again." Like, ###? Did they think they'd leave the ACC? Maybe ask the ACC to move them from being our every year opponent from the Coastal Div.

He didn't mean plane, he meant HELICOPTER.

Jul 23, 2018, 7:10 PM [ in reply to PLANE? ]

One of those Emergency Rescue kind.

Jul 23, 2018, 3:06 PM

Looking forward to playing us, I don't believe a word of it. No QB looks forward to going up against our front 7, no QB. That's like saying I can't wait until it's storming outside so I can see if lighting will strike this medal rod I'll be holding up in the air and running around. That is total BS coming from any QB that says they can't wait to get ran over by our D!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fear ""Tha' White-Out""

Jul 23, 2018, 3:30 PM

Let the games begin !!!! GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 24, 2018, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Georgia Tech QB says Tigers' defensive line best in "college football, ever" ]

And I've never met a competitor, as opposed to one who kind of competes because it is on the schedule, who didn't want to match up with the best ... and believed he could beat the best. It's the difference maybe in them and us, you know.

Wait they took a plane from Clemson to Atlanta?

Jul 23, 2018, 4:22 PM

Surely not that makes zero sense. It wouldn't even be faster.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe he got airlifted out of there?***

Jul 23, 2018, 6:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe he got airlifted out of there?***

Jul 24, 2018, 11:14 AM

By the MASH unit.

I almost felt sorry for this guy last year.

Jul 23, 2018, 4:58 PM

Almost. Remeber when we had Kevin Steele? People on tnet were claiming paul johnson was the best coach in history at any level. Better than bear bryant, vince Lombardi, etc.

Man I love Venables. He really crushed PJs spirit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach PJ better come up with a game plan that

Jul 23, 2018, 6:26 PM

doesn't include the option if he wants his QB to survive to play the following week. No way he fares any better than last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach PJ better come up with a game plan that

Jul 24, 2018, 10:32 AM

You look at the teams, the records, the personnel, the achievements, and you kind of come down where you are. I kind of do, but then look at that option, a couple of past -- surprising -- results, the rivalry itself (a really good college rivalry, and they are hard to come by) and at Johnson, one of the most determined competitors we face every year, and I would not be surprised to have it come down to the end. Odds say no, but 18-year-olds say it can happen because that's what you get sometime with 18-year-olds.

GSP to ATL.... don’t think so

Jul 24, 2018, 4:45 AM

Not sure what flight the kid was on but I guarantee you GT bused to Clemson.

Re: GSP to ATL.... don’t think so

Jul 24, 2018, 11:17 AM

Would they not have to first drive to Greenville-Spartanburg, get on the plane, taxi a few minutes, fly to Atlanta, get off the plane and then catch a bus to wherever it is they go?? Seems like driving would be considerably faster.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic