Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson still controls path to ACC Championship Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,780

TNET: Clemson still controls path to ACC Championship Game

Nov 22, 2020, 8:01 AM

Clemson still controls path to ACC Championship Game

For anyone involved with the Clemson program, from fans to coaches and players to media members to the parents and high school coaches of those players, Saturday was one of the strangest days in the history of the school. The good news? Clemson still controls its own destiny in the pursuit of another ACC Championship Game appearance and possible appearance in the College Football Playoff. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson still controls path to ACC Championship Game

Nov 22, 2020, 8:20 AM

Just gotta take care of business from here on out. I’m concerned about all the distractions/noise around right now. Hope the team can focus. O31-0 St’s offense really looked vulnerable to pressure yesterday. Looks like Notre Dame and Bama are the teams we are going to need to beat if we get to the playoffs.

Nov 22, 2020, 8:37 AM

You are saying exactly what Ohio State is saying about our defense. I can guarantee you, not 1 single person in the Clemson coaches room is overlooking Ohio State. They are smarter than that.

Nov 22, 2020, 8:45 AM

That's the way it always works. Fans can overlook anyone they want because they aren't involved with any planning or anything else other than supporting the team.

Nov 22, 2020, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson still controls path to ACC Championship Game ]

Valley Boy said:

You are saying exactly what Ohio State is saying about our defense. I can guarantee you, not 1 single person in the Clemson coaches room is overlooking Ohio State. They are smarter than that.

It do seem that your character is of someone that likes to challenge the statements of others just to have something to say yourself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 2:33 PM

Not overlooking anyone. Just stating an opinion that I saw what looked like a potential weakness for Ohio State that we should try to exploit if we end up playing them. Also the observation that ND and Bama both look stronger at this point. O31-0 St also believes they have a score to settle with us because they all believe they should have beaten us last year. That chip on their shoulders goes a long way sometimes.

Nov 22, 2020, 8:23 AM

A woodshed event? I will use that one.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 8:34 AM

The next 3 weeks of the season will be interesting to say the least and COVID may win. Both Miami and Notre Dame play North Carolina so the baby blue's are the key there. For us, Pitt is playing good football and big, physical teams give us problems. Because of the tiebreak rules, the huge issue is playing the last 3 games and not having another game cancelled. What Dabo does about Thanksgiving may be the most important decision he has ever made.

Nov 22, 2020, 4:28 PM

True. Keeping the kids quarantined during the holidays is going to be hard but a must for the remainder of the games

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 8:50 AM

I look forward to hearing back from your conversation at 6 pm today. I would like to get a direct answer from Coach on this question. Assuming what I read is true that the player testing positive showed symptoms last week (even though he tested negative 2 times) and that he is an Offensive lineman that doesn't play, why would Coach take the chance and bring him down to Tallahassee? While I respect loyalty, the risk is too great and we see what happened. As a 4 year letterman in track and field, a sport that is being dropped due to a lack of funds, the cost ($350,000?) incurred is not worth it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 9:03 AM

As much as you can with sporadic run blocking for the best back in college football

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 2:01 PM

ND is in the same spot we are in with the need to make up a game as well. As long as we both play the 12th I don't have a problem with that. We have no margin of error now anyway whether we play 2 or 3 more games - a loss and we are out either way - unless UNC runs the table I guess and that's not happening.
As for the FSU Chickenoles, my wife probably said it best when she said "I bet they wouldn't have cancelled if Trevor had still been out...."

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,780
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic