Replies: 6   Last Post: Mar 25, 2020 11:06 PM by: Valley Boy
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 6  

TNET: Clemson March Madness: Tiger legends fill Sikes Hall bracket

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 2:01 PM

Clemson March Madness: Tiger legends fill Sikes Hall bracket

Clemson legends such as Banks McFadden, Hunter Renfrow, DeAndre Hopkins and more up for your votes in the Sikes Hall bracket. Plus results from the bracket so far. Full Story »

Re: TNET: Clemson March Madness: Tiger legends fill Sikes Hall bracket

[2]
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 2:26 PM

Some of these match ups don't make any sense. How can you put Tree Rollins versus Sammy Watkins in the second round. Tree Rollins had the same impact on Clemson basketball, maybe even a bigger impact, than CJ Fuller had on football. His presence is why players like Stan Rome and Skip Wise showed up the next year. If we had Tree in the current Clemson teams we would be making the NCAA sweet sixteen every year. of course everyone knows of the impact Watkins has made. This kind of match up should not occur before the QF IMHO.

[3]
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 3:49 PM

^^^^^^^^^. Same goes for McFadden v. Renfrow and Wilkins v. Hopkins. Way to early in the game for those matchups.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 11:06 PM

The truth is no basketball player in Clemson history had the effect that Skip Wise had. For years and years he was the only Freshman 1st team All ACC player. What a sad story his life was and what a sad story that Tates Locke and the boosters that tried to recruit Moses Malone cost Clemson all the success we could have had here.

Steve Fuller

[1]
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 6:43 PM

I notice that Steve Fuller is not in the tournament. As a running/passing triple-option quarterback, he was two-time ACC player of the year, finished 6th in the Heisman voting, led Clemson to a 1-loss year, and I think he ran the 400-meter hurdles in track.

First four Out? ??

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 9:44 PM

Trying to include all sports squeezes more football players out is my guess

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

[1]
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 10:59 PM

I never saw a swim meet and I would not Mitzi Kremer if she walked in but read her bio and reconsider your votes. No athlete in the bracket had the Clemson career that she did.

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 Season Football Tickets for Sale - South Stands - Lower Deck - Section UI - Row R - Seats in shade...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
452 people have read this post