Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Bowl practice report: Coaches in rare form as bowl practice hits third day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TNET: Bowl practice report: Coaches in rare form as bowl practice hits third day

Dec 14, 2018, 2:42 PM

Bowl practice report: Coaches in rare form as bowl practice hits third day

Much like the Wednesday start of bowl practice, Friday's third practice started off with cheery holiday tunes. Once the music was turned off, however, the holiday cheery turned to grim determination. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Bowl practice report: Coaches in rare form as bowl practice hits third day

Dec 14, 2018, 2:48 PM

;)

Re: TNET: Bowl practice report: Coaches in rare form as bowl practice hits third day

Dec 14, 2018, 2:55 PM

I personally think that we are fortunate to have Chase, and we are very lucky that it was Clemson where he wanted to be, and he intended to stay and play for regardless of the circumstances of all the other QBs we once had!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 5:16 PM

I have said more than once on this site that at any other major college program in the country, Chase would be a starter. I said from way back that he was a much better QB, than Kelly Bryant, but no less a sage than Danny Ford said that our program would "suffer" due to Kelly's departure. So how has that worked out?? Last time I looked, we are undefeated and headed to a championship game against Notre Dame. If that is suffering, then give me more. Also, Trevor Lawrence won outstanding freshman of the year. Oh dear,how we screwed up. I think that quite quite possibly we will get to the National Championship game. Also, I was flamed on this site for my opinion about the above issues. How has that worked out? Gee, our offense has just fallen apart without Kelly Bryant. Yeah, right! I do wish him well, but not at Clemson.

You talk about yourself a lot

Dec 14, 2018, 5:56 PM

You weren't hugged as a child were you?

Marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = tiger michael = Reggaeman

Dec 15, 2018, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Bowl practice report: Coaches in rare form as bowl practice hits third day ]

u5c

Dec 16, 2018, 6:59 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Bowl practice report: Coaches in rare form as bowl practice hits third day ]

But what did you have for breakfast

Dec 16, 2018, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Bowl practice report: Coaches in rare form as bowl practice hits third day ]

No worries about that bc, as good a man that Dabo Swinney is, he wouldn't ever consider allowing KB back at Clemson, not as a member of the FB team anyway. Dabo preaches and lives being All In, and there is no way that a quitter could ever be classified as an All In type of player!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 2:56 PM

It would be nice if Spiers could throw it instead of punt it in a game too.

Dec 14, 2018, 3:22 PM

Every time Spiers comes out, my friend and I say "how bad can Carson King really be?"

I'd imagine get off speed is where Spiers has the edge.***

Dec 14, 2018, 3:43 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Bowl practice report: Coaches in rare form as bowl practice hits third day ]

Seriously...we say the same thing. It was, "How can this be our best option at punter all season?"

Dec 14, 2018, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Bowl practice report: Coaches in rare form as bowl practice hits third day ]

Shhhh.....(fake punt coming)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 6:21 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Bowl practice report: Coaches in rare form as bowl practice hits third day ]

Agreed, poor ole Spiers has struggled this year! Sadly I believe he is our only weak link!

this has inspired me

Dec 14, 2018, 3:27 PM

to work just as hard this holiday season. Had our company luncheon today, and I pushed through a second and then third plate of food! I am getting PREPARED!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Dec 14, 2018, 3:27 PM

Who is Mike Jonesssssssssss

Dec 14, 2018, 5:53 PM

Uh... One of our fine freshmen who also did a great job recruiting his teammates!

Dec 14, 2018, 3:42 PM

Hhhmmm, the practice facility felt 'a little warmer than usual'?

Did we have Carrier units installed a la Syracuse?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the punts go straight up and straight down?

Dec 14, 2018, 4:53 PM

More 20 yard averages.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 6:05 PM

Wish it was fegal for Spiers to throw the ball 70 yds cuz he sho' as h*ll ain't gonna punt it half that distance.

Huge Chase Brice fan

Dec 15, 2018, 10:17 AM

I could line out cliche ridden notes about skill, ambassador, moxy, etc...

We're lucky to have him, period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m so glad we have Chase Brice.

Dec 15, 2018, 10:34 AM

I think he is a better overall QB than Kelly Bryant was. I say that, not to criticize KB, but to praise Chase for his skills and hard work. Of the QBs we could’ve had to come in as the backup, including KB, Batson, etc., I think he gives us the best chance to win.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I’m so glad we have Chase Brice.

Dec 16, 2018, 3:27 PM

After seeing the heart that Chase displayed in the Cuse game when he had never played in a situation like that during his time at Clemson. I don't think there is a Tiger fan in the country that would take KB over Chase Brice. That kid has a huge heart that has pumps orange blood through his veins from the day he chose Clemson as the team he wanted to play for. Chase would have started over any QB at all the other schools that had offered him once they saw the courage that his heart pumped through his veins.

I don't think that I'm alone in believing that Chase Brice was over looked by most of the top teams in the country during his recruitment, and I'm sure they have regretted that mistake since, especially after they saw how gutsy he was with the arm talent he displayed in the come back win over Syracuse!!! Chase was thrown into a situation that not many 4/5 star QBs with as little game experience as Chase had, and perform as well as Chase did with as much heart as he showed in that game!!!

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic