Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Syracuse 2nd best in ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Syracuse 2nd best in ACC

Sep 23, 2018, 12:20 AM

Dungey can ball, and they've been fairly impressive from what I've seen.

May even be ranked next week.

However, the fact that they beat us last year has me feeling confident.

BV and the defense will play with an edge, and TL and the RBs should gash them all day. This isn't last year's offenses with TL at the helm.

I'm going to say 45-21 the final. What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should read: Syracuse 2nd best in ACC?

Sep 23, 2018, 12:23 AM

What say you?

My ranking goes something like...

1. Clemson
2. Miami
3. Syracuse/Duke

Miami second? I know the ACC is down right now, but...

Sep 23, 2018, 4:10 AM

Have you watched Miami play this year?

They might struggle against UNC on Thursday. And that team is pure garbage.

Miami on a good day... maybe 4th best? I think 5th best seems about right. Don’t get me wrong. Richt has done a FINE job so far (compared to Golden). They can at least score against us now which is the first step in Tha U’s return to glory.

~JKB

Re: Syracuse 2nd best in ACC

Sep 23, 2018, 12:23 AM

Duke says hello

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 9:22 AM

Embellish much? Talking Duke and Syracuse? Lol! Spin it but the Acc is trash.

Re: Syracuse 2nd best in ACC***

Sep 23, 2018, 9:23 AM

Sep 23, 2018, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse 2nd best in ACC ]

I agree the ACC is garbage but why should I care?

At Clemson and Alabama we care about National championships at Georgia and South Carolina you care about Alabama National Championships.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse 2nd best in ACC ]

Remind me...

Does Whorsia play anybody worth a #### before Bama in the SEC championship? I don’t follow them, or post on their message boards.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 9:45 AM

We'll play multiple ranked teams......Cu may not play another in the regular season.

After Alabama Georgia Auburn and A&M the SEC is

Sep 23, 2018, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse 2nd best in ACC ]

hot garbage. Anyway who cares, I pull for Clemson and not some conference homer like all you SEC fans. Alabama fan base extends to every other SEC team fan base, it’s pretty sad and actually pathetic. Keep kidding yourself into thinking your pups belong with the elite, haven’t done anything yet but choke a national championship away.

Re: After Alabama Georgia Auburn and A&M the SEC is

Sep 23, 2018, 9:48 AM

The funny part of this is you think your the SEC's equal!

Nope, Clemson is superior in ever way to any SEC college

Sep 23, 2018, 10:04 AM

Football team has better character players, play every single player in uniform when possible, care nothing for personal accomplishments by playing as many players as possible.

Did you know, I’m sure you don’t so check stats :

Clemson played entire 2nd team D, EARLY in the 2nd quarter. First team played well under half the snaps. FACTS

All 72 dressed players played in the game. You know what that means, it means Dabo and Clemson cares about the players. It’s not about the individual, it’s about Clemson. I know Kirby Smart cares little for that style, play em in the ground and done with them. To each their own, but Clemson does it the right way and is simply better from top to bottom.

It means a lot to you I can tell, but Clemson simply plays in the ACC. I pull for Clemson, you keep that SEC banner flying high Mr Dawg since you can always lean on others that way.

Sep 23, 2018, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: After Alabama Georgia Auburn and A&M the SEC is ]

No we’re just the SEC Killers

Sep 23, 2018, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: After Alabama Georgia Auburn and A&M the SEC is ]

I don’t think we are the SEC’s “equal”, we are better than all schools not named Bama or UGA. We are 8-2 in our last 10 SEC matchups, the 2 losses to Bama in the Playoffs. It has been 49 months since an SEC team not named Alabama has beaten us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BAM... POW... ZING...***

Sep 23, 2018, 9:34 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Nope better. I wouldn't pull for a team in the Sorry Excuse

Sep 23, 2018, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: After Alabama Georgia Auburn and A&M the SEC is ]

Conference.

Sep 23, 2018, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: After Alabama Georgia Auburn and A&M the SEC is ]

Do your part mutt, we'll be happy to take you on if you are good enough.

Sep 23, 2018, 12:25 AM

Dungey goes all out and Dino is fired up but they do not have the wins that Duke has. How is that Army win looking today? At NW and at Baylor right after that. Much tougher than basically beating a crapy FSU team at home.

Sep 23, 2018, 12:29 AM

I agree with you. The entire football team will be motivated to exact a bit of revenge on the Orange. Dungey is a gamer no doubt. I anticipate a special plan for them. Their tempo(ironically) was giving us fits last year.
But, what really cost us that game was we kept putting the defense out there. Syracuse never felt the pressure of having to "climb a mountain"! They came out hot and stayed that way and we couldn't consistently move it; the end.
This is the type game if we cross the 50 and have a 4th and 2 or less you go for it. B/C Cuse has the ability to score in a hurry.
Agreed. Cuse is the 2nd best team in the ACC right now!
What will be different this year - "our depth at DE has to show up and be in Dungey's face some"! L.Y. they snapped it; and the ball was out. I would guess more jamming on the LOS. The secondary must hold up long enough for the DE's to impact the game. Our advantage in the trenches must "show itself"!
Should be entertaining!
Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 9:53 AM

Defense was half the problem last year. We had busts in the secondary, lined up offside a few times, extended drives with personal fouls and when the game was on the line at the end Syracuse ran off the last 6 minutes of clock because the D couldn’t get off the field. They are a very dangerous offensive team that doesn’t need any help from penalties on the D.

Sep 23, 2018, 9:58 AM

Calhoun2® Yep! Those "m.e.'s" were due to the Syracuse tempo. The lining up off sides especially. They knew they couldn't block us up front so basically they didn't. The QB got it and faded to where they had an advantage at(WR). I thought for sure after that game our offensive coaches would "remember the power of tempo" and start going super fast again. But, no we are more methodical than up tempo.

We have to be successful on 1st down defense. When we get them in 3rd and long; we simply must get off the field. Any lead against them early and it will be interesting to see how they react to it.

Sep 23, 2018, 10:40 AM

Glad to see somebody else saw the same game I watched. Only question is can their O travel? They took it up to Western Michigan for their opener but that was a little different animal.

Last year was a freak anomaly:

Sep 23, 2018, 12:44 AM

1) KB was hurt
2) Huegel was hurt (we missed 3 FGs)
3) We faced a spread hurry-up with less than 3 days to prep since we had to fly all the way to NY.

We won't lose again to them. But I do hope they tear through the ACC. They haven't lost a non-conference game yet, and we need someone on the schedule to step up. Duke is 4-0, too. It'd suit me if their only losses of the year were to us seeing as how nobody else in the ACC can do anything.

Sep 23, 2018, 9:30 AM

Response to GA Mut

I agree the ACC is garbage but why should I care?

At Clemson and Alabama we care about National championships at Georgia and South Carolina you care about Alabama National Championships

Sep 23, 2018, 9:36 AM

NC State is CLEARLY the 2nd best team in the ACC. Their QB will likely be a 1st round NFL draft pick.

Sep 23, 2018, 10:15 AM

As of right now, my top 5:

1. Clemson
2. NC State
3. Miami
4. Duke
5. Syracuse

Sep 23, 2018, 10:27 AM

80sBabyGotBack No way NC State and "Doreen" are # 2. Cuse is easily #2. State has a really good QB and that's about it. State lost a ton of starters from last year! That's why they were so highly regarded last year! Have not been close to being tested "this year"!

I think Miami is better than their showing vs. LSU.

Duke is good. You have to have better players; b/c Cutcliff will have them executing well.

V. Tech must have been sleep walking - they are talented when motivated. Playing in a High School stadium probably had them wanting to get the win and get back home. And, it cost them! To ODU credit.

Your list is good but needs to include BC! Hey, Purdue has just had some tough losses. BC ran into a buzzsaw yesterday; but will be dangerous! Remember; we did not open up the score at home vs. them l.y. until the 4th qtr.

Sep 23, 2018, 10:48 AM

NC State lost a ton on defense but their entire (almost) offense is back. We don’t need a lack luster game against them and expect to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse 2nd best in ACC ]

Va Tech was physically beaten by a bigger, stronger team from what I saw yesterday. It was an alley fight and they came out with teeth missing.

don’t know his name

Sep 23, 2018, 10:44 AM

But their 6-5 boundary receiver is pretty darn good. Could give us fits if we give them time to throw. Max pressure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 11:07 AM

I say, "From your mouth to God's ears"!

null

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic