Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swoffie has an obvious bias against Clemson and you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Swoffie has an obvious bias against Clemson and you

Oct 4, 2019, 1:18 PM

need to look no further than our schedule this year for definitive proof:

-Swoffie scheduled us to play GT in week 1 when he knew our coaches would have zero tape or knowledge of their new offensive and defensive schemes

-Then in week 2 he scheduled us to play an OOC game against TAMU. You'd think he would've scheduled someone easier for us to ease into the season after a brutal week 1 matchup, but nope. At least this year he scheduled us to play this game at home unlike last season.

-You would think after those first 2 games he would schedule someone easy for us to play in week 3, but you'd be wrong. He intentionally scheduled a tough game at Syracuse so we'd be forced to play in their hot humid stadium before the cooler weather sets in.

-Surely Swoffie scheduled us an easy week 4 matchup after that season opening gauntlet right? Guess again...he went out and found one of the best non-P5 teams in the southeast to try and take us down. Even Dabo said Charlotte was one of the best rushing teams he's ever seen, which includes NFL teams.

-So what's next? Well Swoffie knew we'd be worn down after that stretch so he forced us to go to UNC, his beloved tarholes. A true road game where his unranked alma mater would have a great chance to take us down. There isn't a team in the country who could open up against the schedule we had and still have the energy to win like we did. I bet ol Swoff was furious!

-This week...well Swoffie stuck it to us again. He forced us to take our bye early in the season so that we get worn down by the time he scheduled us to play at NC State, Wake and at UofSuCk. That's right, Swoffie scheduled us to be on the road in 2 out of our last 3 games because he's betting on all three of them taking us down that far removed from our bye week.

This outlandish protection of the tobacco road schools has got to stop. Swoffie needs to realize that we bring a lot of money to the conference. But until he does, you can expect more of the same when the schedule is released again over the next several years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

you're trying entirely too hard***

Oct 4, 2019, 1:19 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you're trying entirely too hard***

Oct 4, 2019, 1:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oh hi I see you're new here, so welcome to tnet

Oct 4, 2019, 1:26 PM [ in reply to you're trying entirely too hard*** ]

coot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

POTD!

Oct 4, 2019, 1:40 PM [ in reply to you're trying entirely too hard*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Interesting that your post doesn’t recognize the

Oct 4, 2019, 1:31 PM

Other bye week we have the week before the USuC game. C’mon man!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't call Wake a "bye week" this year

Oct 4, 2019, 1:32 PM

In case you haven't noticed they are in the top 25 now.

You may want to re-look at the schedule.

Oct 4, 2019, 1:37 PM

Clemson plays WF on 11/16 and USuC on 11/30. The 23rd is a bye week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah ok, I'm not falling for that one again

Oct 4, 2019, 1:40 PM

Pretty sure I know how to use a calendar. Our last 3 games are at NCSU, Wake and at UofSuCk.

or the fact...

Oct 4, 2019, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Interesting that your post doesn’t recognize the ]

that the league has absolutely no control over Clemson's out-of-conference schedule (opponents or the dates of the games).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: or the fact...

Oct 4, 2019, 2:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: or the fact...

Oct 4, 2019, 2:10 PM [ in reply to or the fact... ]

Nope !!!

Oct 4, 2019, 2:35 PM

Next !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not

Oct 4, 2019, 2:46 PM

but Swoffie schedules all of the ACC's OOC games. That's why you see dumb stuff like Wake and UNC playing an OOC game this year. He scheduled that so he could guarantee an OOC win for one of his treasured NC schools.

Nope!!!

Oct 4, 2019, 3:57 PM

next

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Sometimes I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...

Oct 4, 2019, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Sometimes I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not ]

but I can tell you without hesitation or reservation that the ACC has absolutely no control over Clemson's OOC opponents or the dates those games are played.

Try scheduling 12 OOC games in one season...

Oct 4, 2019, 6:40 PM

and you’ll see just how much control the ACC doesn’t have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You can't tell if that is sarcasm??***

Oct 5, 2019, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Sometimes I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone can make this stuff any year with any team.***

Oct 4, 2019, 1:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't get it***

Oct 4, 2019, 1:40 PM

Re: I don't get it***

Oct 4, 2019, 1:48 PM

I hope your just joking around. Hard to tell in typing so just got my fingers crossed. We schedule our OOC games not the ACC and we def have a bye week after the Wake forest game before we play coots. Go Tigers!!

No, every year the ACC releases our schedule

Oct 4, 2019, 1:52 PM

after Swoffie puts it together. Look at UNC's schedule, you don't think the reason Swoffie scheduled UNC to play UofSuCk in week 1 is to give his tarholes the best chance at winning? Come on, he's not as stupid as people think, he knew Muschamp would have zero knowledge of Mack Brown's systems and coaching philosophies since Mack is a new coach at UNC. Also, look at our schedule, we play Wake before we play UofSuCk.

Re: Swoffie has an obvious bias against Clemson and you

Oct 4, 2019, 1:47 PM

I think that may be a stretch to think that hard about the schedule

Tell you what, take the Clemson schedule that Swoffie

Oct 4, 2019, 1:54 PM

created, and then take the UNC schedule Swoffie created and put them side by side. Compare the two, including the advantages and disadvantages of each. You cannot honestly tell me those schedules were not created to hurt Clemson and benefit UNC.

Re: Tell you what, take the Clemson schedule that Swoffie

Oct 4, 2019, 2:04 PM

As Dabo would say, step back from the cliff. The ACC is not stupid because Clemson is the golden goose with the only possible ticket to the $14-20 million Playoff.

In theory I would agree. But the ACC's actions

Oct 4, 2019, 2:08 PM

suggest otherwise. Also, to suggest Wake has no chance of making the playoffs by running the tables is inaccurate. Swoffie has set their schedule up nicely as well.

Just be glad he doesn't schedule the playoffs.

Oct 4, 2019, 2:16 PM

He might have us play a hard team instead of the cupcakes we've gotten so far.

I won't be surprised if Swoffie politics with his fellow

Oct 4, 2019, 2:20 PM

playoff selection committee members to get Wake into the playoffs this year instead of us.

Re: I won't be surprised if Swoffie politics with his fellow

Oct 4, 2019, 5:48 PM

I wouldn't doubt it.

Re: I won't be surprised if Swoffie politics with his fellow

Oct 5, 2019, 1:36 PM [ in reply to I won't be surprised if Swoffie politics with his fellow ]

If he has that much sway, maybe he can get 2 ACC teams in.

Few people remember this b/c the ACC swept it under the rug

Oct 4, 2019, 3:03 PM

but John Swofford refused to hand over the 2015 ACCC trophy to Dabo after the game, which lead to this awkward photo. He's hated Clemson since the 1980's, when he tried to get the NCAA to give us the death penalty and have us voted out of the ACC. Thank goodness for WF.

It's ironic that Wake is the school that Swoffie is

Oct 4, 2019, 3:08 PM

protecting now by forcing us to play them after such a long stretch of games.

In regards to the photo, Dabo is always a professional. Look at him maintaining a genuine smile while trying to wrestle the football from the Swoff's hands

Must think it's a read option. Trying to pull it back.***

Oct 4, 2019, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Few people remember this b/c the ACC swept it under the rug ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Few people remember this b/c the ACC swept it under the rug

Oct 4, 2019, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Few people remember this b/c the ACC swept it under the rug ]

I remember that photo ..... Swoffie leaped up on the stage gritted his teeth and tried to take the solid platinum football away from Dabo. No such luck as Dabo felt like, in spite of our easy schedule, that we deserved the trophy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Few people remember this b/c the ACC swept it under the rug

Oct 5, 2019, 1:41 PM

I did not know the football was solid platinum! Link?

And he drinks his red bull with a pink umbrella***

Oct 4, 2019, 3:06 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

His mother was a hamster and his father smelled of

Oct 4, 2019, 4:45 PM

elderberries................

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2019, 6:05 PM

CLEMSON can only be beaten by CLEMSON, and CLEMSON only looks at the next game/victim, so schedules do not matter. CLEMSON coaches and players beat everyone they play. Swofford is only a bump in CLEMSON's road to the Natty.

Sometimes I feel like Sheldon Cooper on this board

Oct 5, 2019, 12:39 AM

Sarcasm?

Re: Sometimes I feel like Sheldon Cooper on this board

Oct 5, 2019, 3:50 AM

I laugh when at the ACCCGames after Clemson wins and they introduce ole Swoffie and the Boos come out loud. One of my grandsons ask why and I told him Swoffie lets N.C. teams get away with everything and He don't like Clemson.

Re: Sometimes I feel like Sheldon Cooper on this board

Oct 5, 2019, 4:24 AM

Because Clemson fans blame Swoffie for the extra year of probation the ACC added to our NCAA probation after the 1981 Championship.

Clearly the...

Oct 5, 2019, 4:31 AM

~JKB

Oct 5, 2019, 8:17 AM

You sound like Saban

Oct 5, 2019, 9:23 AM

Re: CFP Payouts - College Football Playoff money is divided 6 ways. Each of the 5 Power Five conferences receives one share even if they do not have a team in the playoffs. The 6th share goes to the Group of Five conferences to be divided among their members according to their own formula. The 4 playoff teams do receive some additional money to help defray expenses.

this thread makes me

Oct 5, 2019, 1:47 PM

smile

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic