Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Suspended for violating team rules
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Suspended for violating team rules

Mar 15, 2016, 2:36 PM

Should schools stop with the blatant coverup statement.

It is evident to most sports fans that whether it's Clemson, So Car, Georgia, etc across the country, it is due to getting used with weed or some other drug. Bryant is from Clemson but the facts are these kids across the country are being coddled and the cover up is evident. Most players will tell you that the suspensions comes after several run ins with coaches or if police get involved and it gets out in the open.

Look at lakip, Bryant, and hundreds of kids across the country. Did anything good come out of the cover up the 1st few times of getting busted? Should the team just come out and say busted for drugs etc. maybe coaches, fans, parents etc offer support and require them to get clean.

Lakip had Coke in a Chapstick container that had been cleaned out and made to hold his stash. Sorry guys that isn't his first rodeo with the good stuff.

This isn't a Clemson should do something different but all of ncaa should be more focused on. Sure Clemson can't control what Bryant does later in life but someone knew he had issues before he got suspended for a year.

We will hear it before spring practice is over at numerous schools. Player A B or C is suspended.....oh wait just until fall practice. What does that really do? Coaches and fans still get their guy on the field and the player knows he is going to be covered for.

Does anyone here really think Dion Cain's first failed test resulted in leaving the NC game? Does anyone think if your child had Coke in a Chapstick holder cleaned and ready for holding powder was the first time they experimented with the stuff?

Just a thought provoking post on how should schools really handle issues. Sure there is locker room trust and you can't sell out you team. But there is also the side of what's right. In the past guys covered up for concussions and were tough. Now teams and players are encouraged to get the news out in the open. Should it be any different with drugs?

Message was edited by: kiknchkn®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Suspended for violating team rules

Mar 15, 2016, 2:37 PM

Hey look a sad pathetic chicken fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Hey coot....dont include our Tigers

Mar 15, 2016, 2:39 PM

among your dirtpeckers...

Re: Hey coot....dont include our Tigers

Mar 15, 2016, 2:42 PM

Take a closer look

Actually think Clemson is leading the way with lakip, Bryant, Cain, Sammy, we done smoked it Mac puffie

Clemson is right there with UGA and you name whatever other school with kids getting busted. It isn't a knock on a great university, it is a knock on the kid for making poor decisions.

Clemson Isnt less of a school because Bryant is suspended or lakip did Coke, the men are responsible for their actions. I think dabo gets it and teaches them this team is bigger than you and your selfishness.

Re: Hey coot....dont include our Tigers

Mar 15, 2016, 2:46 PM

This is just sad.

and pathetic

Mar 15, 2016, 4:39 PM

on every level. the inferiority complex is deafening

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

3-9 Cocklover

Mar 15, 2016, 2:39 PM

is a usuck fan comparing weed to multiple arrests within their own program??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: 3-9 Cocklover

Mar 15, 2016, 2:48 PM

Well, lets compare chicken lover. There were 45 arrests under Spurrier's watch. You think Clemson is higher than that. Hope you didn't major in math.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2016, 2:48 PM [ in reply to 3-9 Cocklover ]

Been around since 04 rarely post. Graduate of both schools, undergrad and masters. Enjoy debate and have purchased season tickets at both schools. Enjoy whe both are good. Was never a fan of dabo because I thought Clemson could do better.

I was wrong and admit it. He has way surpassed my expectations. Nothing wrong with me questioning if Clemson was too big and bad for an insurance salesman commercial real estate guy. He proved me wrong and I openly admit it.

I don't however, cover up things that happen on all campuses. So CAr has blackshear who is recovering from gunshot wounds. I don't think he was selling Girl Scout cookies at publics when he got shot. I also don't think lakip's Coke bust or his 2nd was something nobody knew about.

Some on here have told me they like the open discussion. Others are short sighted just as FGF can be.

Say what you want but there are a number of Clemson players getting busted that I think is higher than even when tommy was around.

Mar 15, 2016, 2:54 PM

You didn't like Dabo at first and now you admit you have changed your feelings. Admirable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2016, 2:57 PM

Hey I will be wrong about something else later today. If only all of my mistakes in life could be as simple as my wrong opinions on a football coach, I will be in good shape!

Mar 15, 2016, 3:02 PM

I'm wrong a lot. One of my best friends has a degree from both USC and Clemson. He's a huge Clemson fan!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is it possible

Mar 15, 2016, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: 3-9 Cocklover ]

that you are currently high?? asking for a friend

Mar 15, 2016, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: 3-9 Cocklover ]

Maybe Clemson is just doing a better job of policing its athletes while the school in Cola is looking the other way? Kids running around shooting things up with bb guns are apt to be high on something other than the joy of being NIT selections.

Mar 15, 2016, 2:51 PM

Not sure if it applies to athletics, but your education records are private. I'm sure there are some privacy laws around it at the collegiate level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2016, 2:52 PM

Yeah something needs to change about the entire process. The punishments aren't that serious because the testing isn't serious. They only pretend to care anywhere when it becomes a legal situation. In fact, Dabo is probably better than most as far as suspending players for things he sees/hears about versus waiting for that player to get into more serious trouble legally/publicly.

That being said, everyone on here is delusional or in serious denial if they don't understand that >95% of college athletes smoke weed. It's about getting them to focus in and abstain when it matters most because playing college football is a business. It's especially important to get this point across for players looking to play in the NFL.

Mar 15, 2016, 3:56 PM

You think more than 95% of all college athletes smoke marijuana ? Does that include women's gymnastics and men's crew ?
I don't agree with your math , I think it's intentionally exaggerated to support the point you were trying to make .

DB23

Mar 15, 2016, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Suspended for violating team rules ]

"That being said, everyone on here is delusional or in serious denial if they don't understand that >95% of college athletes smoke weed."

This would have gone better if you had used examples from

Mar 15, 2016, 3:07 PM

USuC in your first post rather than just Clemson.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TLDR***

Mar 15, 2016, 3:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Because of FERPA, schools can't release that information.***

Mar 15, 2016, 4:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2016, 4:37 PM

> Should schools stop with the blatant coverup
> statement.
>
> It is evident to most sports fans that whether it's
> Clemson, So Car, Georgia, etc across the country, it
> is due to getting used with weed or some other drug.
> Bryant is from Clemson but the facts are these kids
> across the country are being coddled and the cover up
> is evident. Most players will tell you that the
> suspensions comes after several run ins with coaches
> or if police get involved and it gets out in the
> open.
>
> Look at lakip, Bryant, and hundreds of kids across
> the country. Did anything good come out of the cover
> up the 1st few times of getting busted? Should the
> team just come out and say busted for drugs etc.
> maybe coaches, fans, parents etc offer support and
> require them to get clean.
>
> Lakip had Coke in a Chapstick container that had been
> cleaned out and made to hold his stash. Sorry guys
> that isn't his first rodeo with the good stuff.
>
> This isn't a Clemson should do something different
> but all of ncaa should be more focused on. Sure
> Clemson can't control what Bryant does later in life
> but someone knew he had issues before he got
> suspended for a year.
>
> We will hear it before spring practice is over at
> numerous schools. Player A B or C is suspended.....oh
> wait just until fall practice. What does that really
> do? Coaches and fans still get their guy on the field
> and the player knows he is going to be covered for.
>
> Does anyone here really think Dion Cain's first
> failed test resulted in leaving the NC game? Does
> anyone think if your child had Coke in a Chapstick
> holder cleaned and ready for holding powder was the
> first time they experimented with the stuff?
>
> Just a thought provoking post on how should schools
> really handle issues. Sure there is locker room trust
> and you can't sell out you team. But there is also
> the side of what's right. In the past guys covered up
> for concussions and were tough. Now teams and players
> are encouraged to get the news out in the open.
> Should it be any different with drugs?

If it had been me, I wouldn't have let Lakip back in. I raised my eyebrows about that then and it did end up biting Dabo...yeah, I know Dabo's got guidelines based on what offense it is, and I know he's gotta give kids a chance, but coke is a little different and a whole lot heavier - and it's intensely physically addictive, which pot is not, chemically - and the manner in which Lakip went so far to conceal it was different and indicative of a larger problem there. I was...surprised, honestly, when Lakip ended up re-instated and I was surprised it went that way to begin with. Given how Dabo does seem to learn from his mistakes, though, I would be...surprised, to see that particular scenario repeated.

Other than that...I dunno, it's a thorny problem. On one hand you want to instill a standard and requirements for behavior. On the other, you want kids to be able to trust that you are their advocate and will give them every opportunity to both make good and make right when they do mess up, because they are 18-22-year-old kids who are still developing and it's more than a little on Dabo and his staff to further that development. Where's the line there between too much discipline and too little, too many second chances and too few, between too much truth released and too little? Keep in mind every scrap of public information that is released these days is now a permanent matter of record. Nothing is ever lost, nothing is ever forgotten, no second chances are every truly accorded, once dirt on you gets out.

I'd be really reluctant to say "drugs" openly about one of my players too.

Mar 15, 2016, 6:43 PM

Looks like you chose the wrong day to try and knock the Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you comment on the players

Mar 15, 2016, 8:56 PM

Suspended for tonight's losers bracket game? Inquiring minds want to know.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

NCAA has it just the way they want it

Mar 15, 2016, 9:06 PM

These kids (all across the country) are probably testing for all sorts of stuff. Remember in a lot of cases these are the biggest, baddest, most violent kids in their state and that's what they are trained to be. A D line of choirboys is not going to get you to the Natty. They live on the edge, cross it, we assume it's always weed and NCAA image is not tarnished. If you want a real cover up in drug testing just look at the NBA or the PGA tour. NBA drug testing is almost non existent and the PGA just has you fake an injury during the suspension. Those guys are getting paid, college kids are not...in most cases.

Mar 15, 2016, 9:02 PM

I believe it is time for you to be suspended from posting on a Clemson Board until your feathers retract.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic