Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Student Tickets: Basketball vs. Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Student Tickets: Basketball vs. Football

Jan 21, 2018, 12:16 PM

Current student here, there seemed to be alot of people upset with student turnout at football games this fall and I'd have to agree. The hill and upper deck were disappointing most games.
With basketball using a ticket distribution system that requires students to get skin in the game (by waiting in line for 3 hours) attendance has been much better. I recognize there are far fewer bball tickets than football tickets but do you think this shows the football student ticket distribution system is broken as opposed the students desire to cheer on the tigers? I've been wanting a change in football ticketing since they went to the new online system.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Student Tickets: Basketball vs. Football

Jan 21, 2018, 12:55 PM

Current student and other than camping out again, not sure what you can do.

The system works for basketball because there is no tailgating culture.

I don’t want to wait 4 + hours in line of the September heat to get in. I want to spend time with family, friends, and crack open a couple cold ones.

I’m sure I may get a few comments about the spoils of riches of free tickets, but one of the biggest attractions of Clemson Football is what is going on around Death Valley, not just in it.

Re: Student Tickets: Basketball vs. Football

Jan 21, 2018, 1:02 PM

I agree with most of that. I wish they would go back to camping too but was told it's too much of a liability. At the least I wish they would track who actually goes to the game and penalize those who get a ticket but don't go.

Re: Student Tickets: Basketball vs. Football S

Jan 21, 2018, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Student Tickets: Basketball vs. Football ]

Yes, SPOILED! I camped out in the early 80's...did not lose a home game while I attended. Both my sons camped out...for some games over a week. They didn't mind and actually embraced it! And 3-4 hours is not a long time for ball tickets. There was great student support when my son was there for the 2008-2011 Purnell era.

Jan 21, 2018, 2:35 PM

I agree, I think camping for football tickets is the best way. As for basketball tickets, they won't allow camping out. If you get in line prior to 3 hours before tipoff they won't give you a ticket.

Jan 21, 2018, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Student Tickets: Basketball vs. Football S ]

If you attended CU during 4 consecutive football seasons in the early 80's you would have seen a home loss. Obviously not that many.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic