Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Strengths and Weaknesses of recruiting class
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Strengths and Weaknesses of recruiting class

Jan 18, 2018, 10:12 PM

I know there's still some time left and Clemson could still come away with some big time players, but what position do you think the Tigers should have pursued more aggressively?

I think it's pretty clear Clemson nailed the defensive line, landing three 5 star recruits, including two of the top 5 overall prospects, KJ Henry and Xavier Thomas. Josh Belk just got his 5th star and proved he shouldve been ranked higher throughout the recruiting process... They also landed a very interesting prospect in Justin Mascoli who was a top 15 recruit when he signed with Clemson.

I think the most underrated recruit is Kyler McMichael, he's only a 4 star, but there could be 100 different reasons why he wasnt considered a 5 star. Possibly he was considered an athlete, rather than a Safety or CB, but he has the ideal body for new age NFL DB's. He's 6'2 190 lbs with long arms, and has elite measurables, these were taken at the opening so they're legit marks, and he ran a 4.57 40 which is okay, but he had a 40" vert, a 4.2 20 yard, and a 285 lbs bench press... During the All American practice notes, there was a report that Kyler McMichael and top rated CB Patrick Surtain seemed to be playing at another speed than the rest of the DB's. There were also a few scouts who labeled him as a "player to watch"

Really the only area I thought Clemson should have targeted more agressively was the Running Back position. I know Travis Ettiene had a great freshman season, but their offense was really missing that 6'1 225 lbs back that the other playoff teams had, in fact the rest of them have several. I know they offered Zamir White, but the position seemed to be an afterthought after he signed with Georgia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will be just fine at qb plus we got lyn j Dixon***

Jan 18, 2018, 10:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry rb***

Jan 18, 2018, 10:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Strengths and Weaknesses of recruiting class

Jan 18, 2018, 10:47 PM

Not sure on the td- thought it was a good post but we will be ok at rb. Honestly, to answer your question, I think we hit a grand slam and got everything we needed and more.

Need some dB depth but we’ll mns handle most of our schedule.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel good about RB if everyone returns.

Jan 18, 2018, 11:04 PM

We definitely need a couple in 2019. I think we could have used another stud LB in 2018.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic