Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stoudt played 90% of the time at UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Stoudt played 90% of the time at UGA

Sep 8, 2014, 12:01 PM

Yet Watson was our leading QB in the stats coming out of that game. Granted I know they are slightly skewed because Watson had less snaps, but he was able to scored faster and more efficiently than Stoudt. Likewise, Stoudt SHOULD have been able to pass Watson in the stats given how much more playing time he's had, yet Watson is better in every statistical aspect.

Watson is head and shoulders a better QB than Stoudt, Dabo is being a moron with this decision. We've already used up Watson's redshirt year! Cole has been a career backup, and its not like we are trying to groom him for the NFL. He is a stand in between Boyd and Watson. I understand Dabo's reasoning behind it, but it isn't necessary! Its holding us back! If let our younger guys run wild with Watson at the helm I believe the UGA game would have been closer, we might have even won. Get the young guys in NOW, play them, and let them get experience NOW. It will make our boys stronger in the long run.

Like I said, Watson is better. We have a better chance at a double digit season this year with him, because he is more capable of leading our team there than Stoudt. I would rather go 8 wins behind Watson than 8 behind Stoudt, because I know we would have tried our hardest with the better QB who will be able to benefit from the starting experience down the road, Stoudt wont! In my opinion, keeping Stoudt as the starter is wasting better time spent of developing Watson in real games. Like I said, Im okay with an 8 win season this year (with a win over the coots) if its spent getting Watson accustomed to playing D-1 level football in our system. I'm not okay with it if we keep Stoudt as the frontman because Dabo wants to play fair and make sure everyone on the playground gets their turn. Its not about principles or giving preference to the seniors who "earned it" simply because they've been waiting in line for 4 years. The starter should be the kid that performs the best on the field, and right now that is Deshaun Watson.

I like Dabo, and I like Stoudt, but he is not who should be starting at QB.

This is complete germans, but I needed a good rant today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stoudt played 90% of the time at UGA

Sep 8, 2014, 12:04 PM

IN b4 offensive line just keeps collapsing until they throw in #4

x2

Sep 8, 2014, 12:25 PM

Our OLine has some problems to it, something that causes Stoudt to screw up royally. Another situation Watson is jut so much better in...

Stop and think a bit before calling DS a moran...

Sep 8, 2014, 12:25 PM

Stoudt was named the starter coming out of Spring and Aug practice. DS is walking a fine line here, doing it well, between showing loyalty to upperclassmen who have paid their dues, played well, and supported the team AND rewarding the best player with appropriate playing time/starting roles.

Do you want Dabo to turn into a classless Spurlid type who jerks players in and out at a whim???

Re: Stop and think a bit before calling DS a moran...

Sep 8, 2014, 12:28 PM

Stoudt was named the starter coming out of Spring and Aug practice. DS is walking a fine line here, doing it well, between showing loyalty to upperclassmen who have paid their dues, played well, and supported the team AND rewarding the best player with appropriate playing time/starting roles.

why does every scream about loyalty, upperclassmen paid their dues, supported their team?

this isn't coach pitch baseball where everyone gets to play. It's a business. NFL plays the best player, rookie or 10 year veteran. DW is the better player.

/thread

What I'm saying is trust Dabo's judgement

Sep 8, 2014, 12:35 PM

DW starting will be figured out in due time.

Cole will start against FSU. If he keeps us in the game and gives us a chance to win, he will stay in the game. If he doesn't, then we will see DW and see what happens.

Once again...you want Dabo acting like Spurlid?

Re: What I'm saying is trust Dabo's judgement

Sep 8, 2014, 3:48 PM

Come on guys - what does staying drunk, shirtless and on an exercise ball have to do to with Stout and Watson.

Answer the question!!!***

Sep 8, 2014, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Stop and think a bit before calling DS a moran... ]

I'm calling his decision moronic

Sep 8, 2014, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Stop and think a bit before calling DS a moran... ]

I love Dabo to death but you have to admit he makes a gaffe every now and then that goes really, really bad. Kind of like how we don't mess up and lose often, but when we do its in historical, blowout fashion.

Neither were getting anything done the second half

Sep 8, 2014, 2:15 PM

So how can you say one was better with so few "good" series from Watson?

The real test comes in Tallahassee. SC State made everybody on offense look good. Maybe even the O line. Some complain about Joe Gore but the coaches didn't single him out as bad.

TEs is another story. Fingers crossed Cooper is back to give us some additional blocking. Leggett and Seckinger are not the guys for that role.

True, but its not like he's giving Watson a chance

Sep 8, 2014, 9:23 PM

DS has written off Watson as a permanent backup this season. With the way Dabo stated it earlier, Stoudt could post the worst QB stats in all of D1 football this year and Dabo would still say he stays at starter because "he earned it".

OK Dabo, tell us WHY and HOW he earned it, because despite playing 3 times as much in both games, Watson still overshadows Stoudt in QB and offensive stats and efficiency.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic