Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stop WHINING - Reality Check (v2.0)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,581

Stop WHINING - Reality Check (v2.0)

Oct 31, 2016, 10:29 PM

I keep hearing the same ole things...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16085712

^^^This is one of the first (& only) posts I ever made -almost exactly two years ago- the day after we beat Syracuse 16-6 at home. Even though Dabo has since brought our Tigers to a whole new level, it's scary how appropriate most of this remains today. So here's a quick REALITY CHECK before we beat the Orange again....

You know the stats and you know the players. Our Clemson Tigers arguably have the best QB in the country, the best receiver in the country, the best overall receiving corps, and probably second best front seven behind Alabama. Oh, and also a culture where 5 star players and commits are becoming the norm.
We are also coming off a 14 (FOURTEEN) win season, an ACC Championship, playoff win, and NC appearance. We are headed to another ACC Championship and likely another playoff berth. We have the #1 Strength of Record in the D@MN country. ..Oh and the Tigers have also won all but one game the past two seasons, with the one loss coming by 5 pts to Alabama in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Now I understand expectations rise with success, and there will always be ways to improve. I'm not saying we shouldn't discuss problems, weaknesses and ways we'd like to see the team improve. Our Tigers will play FEW "perfect" games.
...All I'm asking is that we act like true Tigers and keep the right perspective and attitude about our team. We support them, love them, and appreciate them - players and coaches alike. We respect the sacrifices they make, the hard hours they clock, and the success they continue to produce that we get to enjoy so much. If you have something honest and critical to say, no problem, I've got plenty of that myself - BUT you express it the RIGHT WAY, with the same love and respect the coaches treat our players. Not like some #### coot troll on our boards. I'll lose my mind if I see one more ignorant A$$ post about Deshaun not "having it" anymore.

Try to keep the same family culture on these boards that Dabo has created with his team. If not for anyone else, do it for yourself. If you're griping all the time, you're missing out on the pure joy and success Dabo has created for this program. Don't miss out on enjoying this era of Clemson football while it's still here.

I GUARANTEE one day you'll look back on this time and talk about the majesty of the Dabo era. You'll talk about Brent Venables, Scott & Elliot, Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence, Deshaun Watson, Mike Williams, Jordan Leggett, Mitch Hyatt, Wayne Gallman, Ben Boulware, Mark Fields, Cordrea Tankersley, Van Smith, Clelin Ferrell, Artavis Scott, Hunter Renfrow, Ray Ray McCloud, Jadar Johnson, Kendall Joseph.
I GUARANTEE you WON'T be B*%TCHING about only beating NC State in OT or the two INTs Deshaun threw in the Thriller in Doak. Don't miss the forest for the trees!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't speak for the other Clemson fans

Oct 31, 2016, 10:44 PM

Of course, I'm always happy to get any type of WIN. The win is the objective.

For me, my only the turnovers.

Last year, my concern was the special team. Unfortunately, it did bite us in the ###. Even Saban said it in one of his pressers. He didn't think he could beat Clemson the conventional way. He felt he had to do something to change momentum, and it was the special teams play.

I can only hope my concerns won't happen again this year.

I certainly feel we're more than capable of beating every team in America and beat them soundly.

So whether we win by 1 or 100, it's all the same to me; it's a W.

My only concern is that we shouldn't give the other team any reason to think they can beat us or give them a spark by making stupid mistakes or turning the ball over.

Re: I can't speak for the other Clemson fans

Nov 1, 2016, 8:54 AM

I certainly worry about the turnovers myself; IMO it is by far our biggest issue this year.

All I'm saying is that we keep perspective when we talk about our problems and how we'd like to see them corrected. All problems are not created equal. I think we can all agree it's great to be discussing how we need to correct an ugly turnover margin (still sitting at 8-0) in order to be the BEST team in the land and potentially claim another crown.

I remember a time in the not too distant past where we had the most dynamic player on the field -by FAR- in CJ Spiller, who set an FBS record for 7 career kick return TDs, gained +7000 career all purpose yards
...who then placed 6th in Heisman voting and missed out on NY simply because our team was so freaking mediocre (and lost to USF in his senior year bowl game to boot).
I imagine we were complaining about a lot more than our turnover margin, and I doubt the phrase "national championship" ever flashed across anyone's minds.

It's healthy to always strive for improvement, but I wouldn't want any of us to miss out on the fun of the "good ole days" which are happening RIGHT NOW ..simply because we're wound up so freaking tight and only pleased with a 63-17 score in every single game.

GO TIGERS!

Re: Stop WHINING - Reality Check (v2.0)

Oct 31, 2016, 10:47 PM

Really good points. +1

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Penalty for self linkage.***

Nov 1, 2016, 8:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Penalty for self linkage.***

Nov 1, 2016, 9:05 AM

That's a HOR$E$HIT call! You really F#%$ED US!

You hold the moderators accountable, you hold users accountable... Hold these d@mn tigerboard officials accountable! It's cowardly, gutless and wrong. You can take it, fine it, do whatever you want with it. That's a fact.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,581
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic