Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Steward vs Boulware - thoughts?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Steward vs Boulware - thoughts?

Aug 12, 2014, 10:25 AM

I hope Tony Steward can stay healthy and play like we know he can, but at the same time it is nice to know Boulware is right there with him. That kid plays hard. I always go back to when he nearly gave the other team the ball on that punt return, but bone head plays happen...I think he was just really fired up and lost his head for a second.

Anybody have any inside info on this battle or interesting thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Steward vs Boulware - thoughts?

Aug 12, 2014, 10:34 AM

Hearing Steward has all but won that job. Saying he is playing great now

Aug 12, 2014, 10:35 AM

I say start boulware until he gets ejected, then throw steward in.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2014, 11:19 AM

I like 'em both - but I seem to hear more about the hits that Boulware lays on people. Just sayin'.

Steward

Aug 12, 2014, 11:25 AM

He has won the job and deserves the job.

I don't understand the love for Boulware. He hasn't done anything in a game that deserves the amount of praise he gets. The only thing I can think of he has done is get ejected. The coaches says he goes hard and gives it his all but that is all they have to say about him. Seems to me he is out there running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Just because someone goes hard doesn't mean they are actually achieving anything or doing it right, ever heard of the phrase work smarter not harder.

I think he has good passion and drive but I have a lot of questions about his athletic ability and knowledge.

He'll learn a lot this year and be ready for next

Aug 12, 2014, 11:28 AM

I doubt he sniffs the starting lineup this year, but it's definitely possible next year. Too much experience ahead of him.

It's like Dale Jr. People loved Spencer Shuey and Boulware

Aug 12, 2014, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Steward ]

just inherited his fans because they seem like similar players.

Re: Steward

Aug 12, 2014, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Steward ]

I agree. Doesn't seem to be a great athlete either. With guys like Korie Register and Chad Smith on the team next year it might be difficult for Boulware to ever start at CU.

Aug 12, 2014, 11:46 AM

My thought was if players already on roster like Boulware and some of the other LB's were that good and where simply not playing due to seniority the staff would not continue to recruit multiple LB's every recruiting cycle.

But since they are bringing in multiple LB's each year it seems like they are not finding what they are looking for in some of these guys or they are not panning out as expected.

Aug 12, 2014, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Steward ]

Did any of u watch the Under Arm. high school game the dude tore it up, Boulware is going to be a very good player at Clemson I don't think he starts this year I think Steward is the more experienced and better player right now, but Boulware will be fine!

When asked after the game about who stood out, Coach

Aug 12, 2014, 5:24 PM

Herm Edwards paused and then replied... "Boulware. Kid's got a neck."

He is part of a great group for the future and will see plenty of playing time this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boulware will probably start at MIKE next year***

Aug 12, 2014, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Steward ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's clearly good enough to push Steward, though

Aug 12, 2014, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Steward ]

It's not fan hype that has the coaches saying he's battling Steward for the starting spot. That may just be the coaches trying to motivate Steward to be even better than he is, but clearly Boulware's a pretty good player.

What I don't quite understand is why, while we hear good things about Steward from practice, you never hear anybody really raving about him or saying anything about him standing out. Remember, we're talking about a guy who was a top 5 player before being injured his senior year. This is a guy who was supposed to be an elite talent, but he never really gets talked about by the coaches as somebody who's really standing out.

He's more Christian and white.

Aug 12, 2014, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Steward ]

....waiting to see if FFRF or NAACP shows up. Last time... it helped recruiting.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boulware will get run over by Stewart.

Aug 12, 2014, 12:52 PM

Oops... wrong Stewart.

#toosoon

Help me out here.

Aug 12, 2014, 12:54 PM

Tell me more about the play and opponent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Help me out here.

Aug 12, 2014, 1:10 PM

I can't remember who it was, but I believe they were punting to us (I think), but the ball was going in to the end zone for a touch back and he, for some reason unknown, dove and saved the ball from going in the endzone, which meant it was now a live ball and the other team could have recovered it within the 5. Luckily one of our guys jumped on it, but I was left smh and wondering the what the heck he was even thinking. Dabo got in his ear hole

My point in first post, which was kind of confusing, was that Boulware plays hard, but mentally he still has a lot to learn.

The one where the other team touched it first so worst case

Aug 12, 2014, 1:19 PM

we get it there and he was trying to pick it up and run with it. That was a brilliant play by him. The only thing that could have happened was we gained yardage.

Aug 12, 2014, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Help me out here. ]

I'm pretty sure that was in the Georgia game. He was blocked into the ball, it ricocheted into the endzone, and CJ Jones (I think) brought it back out.

^^This is correct

Aug 12, 2014, 3:12 PM

Boulware was trying to shield UGA ST players from getting to the ball. He was hit from behind and that pushed him into the ball. Even if Clemson hadn't recovered it, it would not have resulted in a live ball

Clemson

Dirty Steve is the man. Correct***

Aug 12, 2014, 3:39 PM

Aug 12, 2014, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Help me out here. ]

There was another play, on a punt, where Boulware rushed the kicker but instead of going for a block or getting out of the way once he saw he could not block it, ran directly into the kicker and hit him in the head which lead to the other team getting a first down instead of us getting the ball and Boulware was ejected for the rest of the game.

I dont remember that one either. I remember him

Aug 12, 2014, 4:01 PM

getting ejected for a helmet to helmet on a KO. Which personally I thought was bogus.

Re: I dont remember that one either. I remember him

Aug 12, 2014, 4:44 PM

I also thought that was a complete BS call...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aye... Went to tackle low and the dude fell into it....***

Aug 12, 2014, 5:27 PM

I'm ready to see what Steward's got.

Aug 12, 2014, 11:13 PM

He's paid his dues. It's his turn

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic