Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
State article on KB and his QB Coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

State article on KB and his QB Coach

May 25, 2018, 8:47 AM

I wonder if his QB coach reads T-Net? He could get a lot of motivational quotes if he does.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article211806749.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a PR Campaign

May 25, 2018, 9:04 AM

Nothing more. KB will be fine if gets to work. The fact Robinson suggests 'harder' is telling. But more than anything, Streeter is his QB coach now...that's the one that matters. KB needs to decide who he's committed to and, most of all, check his attitude. That's what ticked me off at the Spring Game...I didn't care about anything else. That wasn't frustration on display...it was whining.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a PR Campaign

May 25, 2018, 9:16 AM

Did you not think Tajh and Deshaun were committed when they had outside QB training during the summers? Also obviously the coaches didn’t think KB had an attitude or he would have gotten his ### chewed out.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Trainer vs Coach

May 25, 2018, 9:52 AM

A distinction was made...Robinson's a trainer...not a coach.

We're not privy, nor should we be, to what the coaches say to KB. I watched on television, like many thousands of others, and saw his reactions and body language. I read KB's comments, like many thousands of others. And...I interpreted what I saw and what I read, like many thousands of others, to form and share my opinion. Nothing more.

Agree

May 25, 2018, 10:09 AM

Bryant had defeat written on his face everytime he went back to the sideline. While the other side of the field had two more than capable qbs who looked like they were there to compete. Yet our coaches know KB is our best guy to lead. Well on that day I saw a kid pouting not a leader of men.

Re: Trainer vs Coach

May 25, 2018, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Trainer vs Coach ]

Trainer/coach it’s all semantics - fact of the matter is that all our QBs work with outside help during the summer when our staff can’t per NCAA rules. FWIW George Whitfield was considered a “coach” when he worked with Tajh.
https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Article/George-Whitfield-Clemson-is-quarterback-rich--123045

Also Trevor Lawrence is working with a “coach” this summer, so I guess he needs to choose he he’s committed to as well.
https://www.diehards.com/clemson/trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-clemson-football-georgia

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Well, color me stupid

May 25, 2018, 10:40 AM

Semantics aside, 'coach' or coach was never the point.

Re: State article on KB and his QB Coach

May 25, 2018, 9:33 AM

One thing that separates really good players from great players is being able to move on and forget bad plays and mistakes. Deshaun was excellent at this. If KB can get this then he will be much better.

The best KB will ever be is a 50/50 guy run vs pass

May 25, 2018, 10:27 AM

He will never shine in any situation where his running ability is completely taken away.

With that said, his inability to hit routine throws in the Spring Game was still disconcerting even though he was limited in his ability to make plays with his feet.

Maybe as his trainer says, he'd been nailing those throws all spring until that Saturday. If so then it's completely understandable that KB was frustrated at not being able to showcase himself for the big crowd on hand.

But then, perhaps TL or CB might have had a huge running game on top of their passing stats if they'd been free to scramble in the O&W game.

For now, obviously the coaches are saying that it's still Kelly Bryant's job to lose.

But it's hard to deny that the competition definitely "tightened up" due to the performances in the Spring Game.

The cream is rising to the top.

By late August, who knows?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic