Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Starting a movement to have a special place of honor for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Starting a movement to have a special place of honor for

Nov 13, 2018, 8:13 PM

Terry Don Phillips. The wisest AD Clemson has ever had. He hired Dabo as head football coach, he stood by Dabo when his second team did't do so well and many were calling for a new head coach. He didn't quit on Dabo after the terrible Orange Bowl loss to WVU. He saw something special in Dabo and believed in him.
For that Clemson owes Terry Don Phillips a special place of honor. Where would we be now if not for the courage of TDP to hire and keep a men of character like Dabo, it took both of them to change the culture at Clemson.
Go Tigers!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Starting a movement to have a special place of honor for

Nov 13, 2018, 8:18 PM

I have to agree, year two I thought we had lost our minds, Carolina was leaving us in the dust and we were playing loyal favorites. I will be the first to admit how wrong I was.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 8:42 PM

That loss to WVU...well let's face it...a good old fashioned "Alabama Beat Down" (courtesy of Kenny Powers) was a real ###. It made no sense. Did not compute. Still not sure what happened there.

#1 Kevin Steele,...#2 Kevin Steele,...#3 Kevin Steele,...***

Nov 13, 2018, 9:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 9:26 PM

I for one am very thankful for that WVU beatdown, it is why we now have the very dang best Defensive Coordinator in College Football residing here at Clemson. If that had never occured Brent would likely not be here, I do love me some BV . Not just what he puts on the field , he is a hoot to watch on the sidelines, that is one intense man on gameday.

Totally agree... and thank you, Kevin Steele.***

Nov 13, 2018, 9:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Totally agree... and thank you, Kevin Steele.***

Nov 13, 2018, 9:34 PM

Do not forget to mention Big Game Boob in your thanks,his nepotism played a large role too. I never miss a chance to thank OU fans for BV, it kinda gets a sad,funny look from them.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic