Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
St Jude's Classic @ TPC Southwind, Memphis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,292

St Jude's Classic @ TPC Southwind, Memphis

Jul 22, 2019, 11:57 PM

July 25-28
Total Purse = $10,250,000

Top 50 Ranked Golfers were invited.

On a side note:
the Winner earns 550 FedEx Points . . . AND . . . 3-year PGA Tour Membership Exemption!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Current FedEx Rankings of our Tigers . . .

Jul 23, 2019, 12:38 AM

#30 Lucas Glover
#111 Kyle Stanley
#153 Jonathan Byrd
#159 DJ Trahan
#167 Sam Saunders

On Aug 8-11 the Top 125 Ranked PGA Members will begin competing for the FedEx Cup @ The Northern Trust Tournament held at Liberty National Golf Course in Jersey City, NJ.

On Aug 15-18 the Top 70 after last week will compete @ The BMW Championship held at Medinah Course #3 in Medinah, IL.

On Aug 22-25 the Top 30 after the previous week will compete @ The Tour Championship held at East Lake Golf Course in Atlanta, GA.

J Byrd, DJ and Sam need a great showing to begin the FedEx quest. Kyle needs to move into the Top 70 and Lucas needs to "hold serve" to be in the final round.

Lots of work yet to be handled . . . Let's Go Tigers!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barracuda Championship @ Montreux GC, Reno, NV

Jul 23, 2019, 12:55 AM

Sam Saunders, Doc Redman, Jonathan Byrd and DJ Trahan are listed in the field!!!

Hit'em well Tigers!!!

Total Purse = $3,500,000

Winner Earns 300 FedEx Points

(Can't see where Lucas Glover is playing anywhere this weekend. He must be satisfied with his current FredEx Ranking!)

Talk about a total reversal

Jul 23, 2019, 5:57 AM

In approach to your game, Doc's getting it this weekend. Ireland to Reno is a massive transition...only the ball(maybe) and clubs will be the same! Too bad he couldn't be in Memphis.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Barracuda Championship @ Montreux GC, Reno, NV

Jul 23, 2019, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Barracuda Championship @ Montreux GC, Reno, NV ]

Doc has withdrawn from the Barracuda. Hopefully, he is healthy and just needing a break. I "think" he is going to have enough unofficial FedExCup points to finish ahead of the 125 spot and earn his card, but I would feel a lot better if he had a few more points. Right now, he has 400.200, which would have been enough last season. However, each year is different. Hopefully, he plays next week, makes the cut, and then earns a few more to be safe.

https://twitter.com/RobBoltonGolf/status/1153346447443542018

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As of 6:22 last night . . . Per the Reno Gazatte Journal

Jul 23, 2019, 12:01 PM

Doc was still listed in the field . . . Hate to hear he's dropped out!!!

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/2019/07/22/pga-tour-golfers-bring-serious-golf-skills-montreux-barracuda/1751605001/

Re: As of 6:22 last night . . . Per the Reno Gazatte Journal

Jul 23, 2019, 12:22 PM

He's been removed from the official field list. Hopefully, he is playing in Greensboro.

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/barracuda-championship/field.html

Thanks for your insight and corrective post . . .

Jul 23, 2019, 12:41 PM

but you have ruined a perfectly fine day for one Tiger Fan in the Laurinburg area . . .
????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Schema -
Doc's 400 (non-member) FedEx Points would have him currently tied for 113th Place.
Kyle has 406 and is in 111 Place, as stated above.

I'd have to "Tee It Up" this weekend, unless I was hurt . . . "tired" wouldn't cut it with everything that is on the line . . . but that's just me spouting off.

Whatever the issue, I sure hope it works out to his favor!!!

Re: Thanks for your insight and corrective post . . .

Jul 23, 2019, 1:08 PM

Skeeta .... did you know that one (actually two .....brothers) of our football player's mother used to be either the Green Chairman or President of Scotch Meadows CC, near you?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had no idea . . .

Jul 23, 2019, 1:11 PM

What is her name? Laurinburg is not that big. My bride or I probably know her.

Re: Had no idea . . .

Jul 23, 2019, 11:21 PM

It was Jim and Matt Riggs mother ..... very nice lady!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I moved to Laurinburg in the summer of 1980 . . .

Jul 24, 2019, 7:34 PM

Jim played for the local high school (Scotland HS) as a senior in 1982. My wife (a Laurinburger from birth and public school educator) knew the family name and asked if they were Tom and Marilyn's sons (???) . . . I remember Jim but sadly not Matt. I didn't pick up a golf club until I turned 45-50 yrs old . . . so I never would have been around Scotch Meadows while they were here. Sounds like I missed meeting a great Clemson Family!!!

Re: Thanks for your insight and corrective post . . .

Jul 23, 2019, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Thanks for your insight and corrective post . . . ]

I agree! If I was that close to 125 and healthy enough to play (and of course if I had their skills), I would have a hard time not being out there, especially with the allure of the modified stableford scoring format.

Re: St Jude's Classic @ TPC Southwind, Memphis

Jul 23, 2019, 2:58 PM

Thanks for posting all the info Skeeta... I too was disappointed to hear Doc withdrew.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still not over it . . .

Jul 23, 2019, 3:07 PM

I think I'll head to Bennettsville and beat that dimpled ball into submission . . . I just gotta hit something ??

Ben Martin will be

Jul 23, 2019, 4:32 PM

In Missouri this weekend...and Bill Kennerly, too.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like the Mackenzie Tour . . .

Jul 23, 2019, 4:54 PM

is taking the week off.

In the “Order of Merit”:
Doc has fallen to 12th Place and will continue to fall (since he has only played 4 Tournaments, and probably won’t play another).

Bryson Nimmer is sitting at 17th, having played 6 of the 7 Tournaments.

They have a season ending elimination tournament much like the FedEx, so maintaining a high standing is critical.

Too much rain at the course, whacking something is out for today. Well ??!!!

Re: Looks like the Mackenzie Tour . . .

Jul 23, 2019, 6:07 PM

Well carp. But going to be spectacular the rest of the week!!!!

Plus we got Baseball back tonight!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like the Mackenzie Tour . . .

Jul 23, 2019, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Looks like the Mackenzie Tour . . . ]

Hopefully the Braves will take out our frustration with their bats... the next few days anyway!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,292
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic