Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Speaking of Obed, and cars...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 366

Speaking of Obed, and cars...

Apr 24, 2019, 8:31 AM

Left the office yesterday to go drive this...

https://carolinamotorworks.com/inventory/26104/view/050754/Rock%20Hill-SC/2013-Lexus-GX%20460

Perfect, I thought. I've known the dealer my entire life and trust him. I know who owned the vehicle originally and know what kind of care was taken of the truck. It's exactly the vehicle that my research told me I wanted. The price looked good, and I may even could have shaved off a little off that. It sure seemed the stars were aligning, except...

THAT WAS WITHOUT COMPARE THE MOST HORRIFICALLY UNCOMFORTABLE DRIVER'S SEAT I HAVE EVER SAT IN.

I'm thoroughly disappointed this morning. I would never in a million years thought that would be the issue with a Lexus but I couldn't stand to drive it around town for an hour, much less on a trip of any length. Now I'm back to the research phase again. I did sit in a 4Runner that was on the lot, and the seat was night and day. It had just been traded in and had too many miles, but that looks like where I'm leaning now.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because of Lounge chatter

Apr 24, 2019, 8:39 AM

I've been looking at getting my wife a Nissan Armada. She doesn't really need a long seat and she's a size 2 or 4 so it should be completely comfortable for her. But what I'm really trying to do is steal her 4runner. That car has made me hate squeezing in and out of my GTI. It is really comfortable for me at least, to drive on long trips.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice humblebrag on wife being a size 2

Apr 24, 2019, 12:41 PM

Me too, bro. Me too!

fistbump.gif

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: Nice humblebrag on wife being a size 2

Apr 24, 2019, 2:13 PM

High Five!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My favorite part of their ad!!!!!

Apr 24, 2019, 8:47 AM

"WE DO NOT CHARGE DOC OR ADMIN FEES!"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They don't.

Apr 24, 2019, 8:56 AM

Gary will find you whatever you want, new or used for $500 over cost. He's been doing that his entire career and he has a lot of old school Rock Hill folks that use his service exclusively for their lifetime.

"Does that mean I get a car for free?"

Apr 24, 2019, 8:58 AM [ in reply to My favorite part of their ad!!!!! ]

- Doc N.T.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

anybody have a parent, uncle, neighbor, pimp, etc

Apr 24, 2019, 9:01 AM

who drove a late 70's Cadillac Fleetwood with the plush velvet seats?
My best friend when I was a kid, his dad owned a Fleetwood (he was a dentist, not a pimp). And he'd take us up to Clemson football games in it. That kind of luxury will never, ever be topped.....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: anybody have a parent, uncle, neighbor, pimp, etc

Apr 24, 2019, 9:02 AM

Makes you just want to drag your nutz across it, huh?

probably too far to drive

Apr 24, 2019, 9:01 AM

This is where my GMC gas truck ended up. From the Onstar records it appears like the owner kept it. Anyway, they have some really clean cars there at decent prices.

http://www.autowholesalenc.com/view-inventory/

I don't know why Toyota won;t put the V8 back in the 4runner; it was a great match to that sized truck. The 6 cyl is kind of gutless if you try to to more than groceries.

The GX460 pretty much IS the 8 cylinder 4Runner.

Apr 24, 2019, 9:03 AM

I think getting you to step up to the Lexus is point of having that distinction.

Yeah, probably so.

Apr 24, 2019, 9:09 AM

The v8 in our '09 is still kicking it. Paint kinda sucks, but the truck kicks ###.

Truth be told, the GX460 didn't rock my head back when I

Apr 24, 2019, 9:14 AM

stomped on the gas like the V8 engines of the 70s would. I'm not sure if all the technology for safety and gas mileage hasn't pretty well dampened that effect on every newer vehicle.

I've driven a few as loaners, '16 and newer

Apr 24, 2019, 9:17 AM

and thought it was kinda sluggish, but I'm also not heavy footed on the gas either.

Once it got up to speed, I liked the ride....a '16-ish is on my short-list, but 3-4 spots down

I had to look up what our 4runner v8 numbrs were

Apr 24, 2019, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Truth be told, the GX460 didn't rock my head back when I ]

it was 260hp/310 lb-ft of torque. The truck is heavy at around 4k pounds, but its rear end and the transmission are well geared because it feels pretty fast. A quick look up says its it will do 0-60 in about 7.5 seconds, which compared to current trucks (like my last GMC 6.2 L) is slow, but it feels faster.

dis be true

Apr 24, 2019, 9:12 AM [ in reply to The GX460 pretty much IS the 8 cylinder 4Runner. ]

4.0L V6 for the 4Runner
4.6L V8 for the GX

Maybe I-85 has given me battered housewife syndrome

Apr 24, 2019, 9:11 AM

I've driven a few of them and thought they were comfy. Maybe try an Acura MDX? You just pay a lot for not a whole lot in regards to the 4Runner.

Was that the first time you've driven one? If that one is in good shape otherwise I may have to go take a peak.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, I've seen a couple of Kia Telluride's around

Apr 24, 2019, 9:18 AM

Not bad really, do not hate. I think I may have to go check one out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, would like to hear how they driove***

Apr 24, 2019, 10:00 AM

Yep, first time driving one.

Apr 24, 2019, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Maybe I-85 has given me battered housewife syndrome ]

I really liked everything else about it, it just didn't fit me. Felt like someone had an elbow in the small of my back...and not in a good Asian massage parlor way. The leather was in great shape so I'm pretty sure it wasn't damaged or compressed in any way...it just didn't fit ME.

you sound old

Apr 24, 2019, 9:26 AM

get a Honda, they have comfy seats for old people

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO SPRAY YOU WITH A GARDEN HOSE IF YOU WALK

Apr 24, 2019, 9:37 AM

ACROSS MY LAWN.

Seriously...I've never sat in a vehicle that I thought the seats were uncomfortable before. THAT was a first for me.

Looking for a comfy seat for long trips? Why I've just the

Apr 24, 2019, 12:53 PM

car for you. I know of a 2012 Camry that can be had for the low low price of whatever it takes to get me a brand new truck and to get Sharkgirls vehicle paid off! What a deal!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 366
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic