Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Southern Conference Spring football and Power 5 opportunity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Southern Conference Spring football and Power 5 opportunity

Oct 22, 2020, 9:13 AM

Southern conference has announced their spring schedule. Which by NCAA rules cannot exceed 11 games per team between fall and spring.

1. Will you watch southern conference football in the spring?

2. Will any of the P5 conferences take advantage of the spring rules and play a couple games? In the case of the B1G and PAC this could be 3-5 games.

Personally if Clemson had the opportunity (already scheduled to play 11) I would love to see a game set up against the Southern Conference instead of the spring game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I, too would prefer seeing inter-school scrimmages in lieu

Oct 22, 2020, 9:18 AM

of normal Spring games. These guys get tired of just hitting each other, and the familiarity of facing off every day makes for matchups that don't show true reality. Just like baseball hitters adjusting to pitchers, it is much easier if you know your opponent's tendencies inside out. Actual game conditions against an unknown opponent will quickly point out flaws.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Southern Conference Spring football and Power 5 opportunity

Oct 22, 2020, 9:27 AM

Sure, I'd watch some selective Spring games.
I like the idea of having a Spring game opponent for us(for my personal enjoyment) but I'd be more concerned with injuries as opposed to our normal routine(which has been working quite well).
Your idea would practically assure a larger crowd and they could charge a $5 admission to benefit both schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Southern Conference Spring football and Power 5 opportunity

Oct 22, 2020, 10:03 AM

The downside to replacing the spring game with a scrimmage vs FCS is the playing time and developmental opportunities our team would lose.

There is no such thing as running up the score on yourself in a spring game so every player on the team gets to run the full offense. If we played a game similar to the Citadel game in the spring, we would have to let off the gas to keep from scoring 100.

Now if we had the option to scrimmage an FCS team AND still get a spring game, now we are talking about something that would be highly beneficial for both programs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic