»
Topic: Sorry if German but we’re leaving?
Replies: 9   Last Post: Oct 22, 2018 11:23 PM by: FLTiger87
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Sorry if German but we’re leaving?

[1]
Posted: Oct 22, 2018 9:11 PM

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2802305-report-ncaa-player-compensation-lawsuit-could-spark-conference-realignment.amp.html

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 9:23 PM

We should've already left.

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 9:25 PM

CU and FSU are the only schools that care about football in this league.

Re: Sorry if German but we’re leaving?

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 9:35 PM

“One university administrator posited the Florida State Seminoles and Clemson Tigers, for example, might want to leave the ACC since the bulk of the conference wouldn't want to make the commitment necessary to build a national title contender.”

This is already true today, for football. I would say maybe VT and Miami are exceptions.

TWG

The Death of College Football is near

[2]
Posted: Oct 22, 2018 9:37 PM

It's possible.

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 11:06 PM

But I think there is one option that the NCAA will choose before paying players: Allow them to enter the NFL after 1 season, instead of 3. Players could then choose to just sit out 1 year and enter the draft if they didn't want to play college ball or get a college degree.

The result of that option would be the NFL saying they weren't interested in 18-19 year old kids.

I believe that players are only valuable to the NFL after they've matured physically in the college system.

So "compensation", other than a free education, is an intern system like we have today. Put in your time in college and maybe get rewarded through the NFL draft.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

The NCAA has no say in what the NFL does in terms

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 11:13 PM

of when an athlete can be drafted.

null

Maybe. The irony of that article is that Dabo has publicly said

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 11:15 PM

that he’ll go do something else when college athletes become professionals. I personally will be right there with him. As always, if I wanted to watch professional athletes I would watch the NFL. No idea if it would kill the sport in general but it will kill it for me.

null

........when college athletes become professionals- patently

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 11:23 PM

unfair to say currently all of college is the same. be honest watching Clemson play and then other smaller divisions or Ivy League are nothing similar.

watched a bit of Yale / Penn the other day - looks like high school

Bigtime football already is practically "pro" --- not sure sure about bold statements like that.

we are the semi pro league NOW

null

For FOOTBALL only ?? - so staying ACC for Olympic and ALL

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 11:19 PM

other sports ? LIKE ND is now and then be in a different NEW conference for football ????

null

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Cotton Bowl
FOR SALE: $290 for 2 tickets to Cotton Bowl in SEC 415, Row 25. This covers overnight shipping and $15 handli...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1494 people have read this post