Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Son, those overalls support Clemson more than you ever will
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Son, those overalls support Clemson more than you ever will

Sep 14, 2007, 10:49 AM

And I don't really give a rat's rear whether or not you like it.

We brought those overalls into existence as a means of student support for the first great teams of this Tiger era, and don't need you or any other jackanape feaux-fashionista to try to pontificate what is or is not the essence of attire for the game.

I grow weary of lame-brain whatnotowear wannabees trying to appear cool by denigrating the first great wave of Clemson students to embrace this team. You don't have to wear the dang things, but you D A M N sure need to respect the tradition behind them. They exist because other schools looked down on Clemson, calling us a cowtown school, a haven for hicks.

We said "Screw 'em!" in a way only the fertile, fun minds of the Clemson student could. Rather than turn our back on the proud past of Clemson, we rose to embrace it. Every time some semi-soliquitous clown says the overalls need to go they play exactly into the hands of the reason the overalls sprang up in the first place.

We were Clemson and are Clemson and will be Clemson and will eterbnally be proud of it. If you can't embrace where your school is from, if you can't appreciate the humore and history, then more's the pity for you.

But the overalls are not going away. We would be less a student body if they did.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic