Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something Clemson and FSU have in common
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Something Clemson and FSU have in common

Jul 11, 2015, 5:03 PM

Both of our universities offered scholarships to Johnson and Cook. Clemson was the first school to offer Johnson and one of 9 schools to offer Cook who was a long time Florida commit until he flipped to FSU.

I'm glad Johnson is gone and if Cook punched the girl I will be glad to see him permanently off the team also. IMO striking a woman should be a felony rather than a misdemeanor.

Instead of ridiculing our coach and fan base over the actions of players you had hoped would be playing for Clemson, you could consider thanking FSU for taking the recent negative spotlight off of Clemson. No school is immune from that spotlight.

Like Clemson, FSU is looking forward to the 2015 season with great anticipation, particularly our always important game against one another. Good luck in all your 2015 games except the one on 11/7.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not everyone that gets offered is a take.

Jul 11, 2015, 5:06 PM

With that said, I have no idea but we probably would have taken Cook if he stayed committed so I'm not going to cast stones.

Re: Not everyone that gets offered is a take.

Jul 12, 2015, 6:40 PM

He was one of the best running backs in the country. Of course we would have taken Cook. I think he was just in a bad situation. I don't think he became a bad kid when he went to FSU. But that still doesn't excuse his actions, and if he hit a woman he should, and will most likely be gone.

Re: Something Clemson and FSU have in common

Jul 11, 2015, 5:07 PM

You blazed in here with a first-punch explanation . You made some sense , but I think Cook was a Clemson commit first , then flipped to FSU.
Lost me at " If Cook punched that girl .." though . What's the if ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

What's the IF ?

Jul 11, 2015, 5:10 PM

FSU boosters scattering to pay off and discredit the accuser,standard FSU fare.

Chit, if it wasn't for the new university presidents no

Jul 11, 2015, 5:08 PM

tolerance stance , you FSU fans and you HC would still be making excuses and attacking the victims as cleat chasers. H3ll the way the lot of you attacked Candi on Twitter taking up for Bimbo Fisher was down right embarrassing . Make no mistake about it, the new prez is running things now.

Way to take the fun out of rivalries Mom.***

Jul 11, 2015, 5:26 PM

FSU didn't earn the moniker "Criminoles" overnight.

Jul 11, 2015, 5:27 PM

They have been dirty since good ole Bobby arrived. He was always able to yuk it up, back slap and keep everyone fooled. I lived in Tally for 25 years and witnessed it. This special treatment that Winston got is nothing new !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU didn't earn the moniker "Criminoles" overnight.

Jul 11, 2015, 5:47 PM

Bobby Bowden excused a lot of stuff, and got his kids out of a lot of trouble.

He did not - and I will give him this much credit, at least - much hold with hitting women. Even Bobby Bowden called Jameis Winston "an embarrassment to the University" and said he would have kicked him off the team. He caught a lot of heat for saying that, actually.

Bobby Bowden was a slickster in a lot of ways...he also seems - emphasis on "seems" - to have been a fairly decent human being. The usual litany of enemies who appear a few years after an institutional coach's long reign has finally ended has just never appeared for Bobby Bowden...he really doesn't seem to have many enemies, which is itself kind of...weird. For as long as he was there, Bobby B seems to have left remarkably little collateral damage...and you just haven't seen the tell-all exposes, or some unauthorized bio like Under the Tarnished Dome or any of the kind of stuff that always followed Lou Holtz around.

Could be I'm totally off, but aside from some shopping sprees at Dillard's - which deservedly got the "Free Shoes University" tag hung on them - Bobby Bowden's guys didn't seem nearly as out-of-control as Jimbo's are.

Google Deion Sanders. He slapped a female clerk

Jul 11, 2015, 5:51 PM

while playing for FSU and nothing was done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cook was a Clemson commit

Jul 11, 2015, 5:54 PM

and flipped to FSU.

I'm glad a former women's school is finally, apparently not treating women as something to abuse since your new president arrived.

I guess we'll see what happens in the Cook case.

Cook is an excellent, proven player, so imagine Meggs, the FSU alumnus, will put the victim and the other witnesses on trial.

If that doesn't happen - come back and I'll apologize.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

By the way, was this Cook's second or third brush with

Jul 11, 2015, 6:00 PM

the law/trouble since arriving at FSU?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Don't know if it's his 2nd or 3rd brush with the law

Jul 11, 2015, 6:04 PM

But he did recently complete Pre Trial Intervention for a BB Gun incident last year, so he doesn't have that to fall back on.PTI is a one time deal.

Re: Don't know if it's his 2nd or 3rd brush with the law

Jul 11, 2015, 6:13 PM

Meggs will end up charging the girl for hitting cook with her face. Funny that nothing said about all these mostly underage players hanging out at bars till 2am

The bar situation is right on.....

Jul 11, 2015, 6:16 PM

this is the fault of the FSU staff and their tolerance of their overall shenanigans.

BB gun fights? Are you serious? The fact that the FSU players think they can get away with this dumb crap makes me even happier to have Dabo.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson & FSU may have same pursuit of talent in common, BUT

Jul 11, 2015, 6:17 PM

once the athletes arrive here, unlike many at FSU, they are incorporated into the Clemson Family where there is an abundance of love, but also extremely high expectations. Our coach has not made a mockery out of slapping the hands of criminals. He does not hesitate to let players go when the conduct does not live up to Clemson standards. See Chad Kelly, Ebo Ogundecko, etc.

IMO, the difference between Dabo and Fisher is that Dabo is like a parent of a large family. Some of the kids don't always behave, but he will assuredly not spoil the rod to spare the child. In fact, I would imagine many players fear his reproach because he preaches strict discipline and has extremely high expectations out of his players.

Coach Jimbo Fisher on the other hand is like the parent of spoiled children. He gives them too many chances which communicates to his team that they can misbehave and get away with it.

Re: Clemson & FSU may have same pursuit of talent in common, BUT

Jul 11, 2015, 6:23 PM

^^^ What he said. They may both go after the best athletes in the nation but Dabo has put a far different and better culture in place for his team than Jimbo has down in Tallahassee.

The difference is that Clemson and Dabo would not

Jul 11, 2015, 6:29 PM

have allowed all his other antics to continue the way Jimbo did. Allowing players to get away with things often seems to lead to a sense of immunity or entitlement. That is the culture your coach has created at FSU.
This would not have been a problem at Clemson, I honestly believe that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

This. You'll never convince me that Deshaun would stay on the team

Jul 11, 2015, 6:36 PM

if he behaved the way Jameis did.

Look Semenhole

Jul 11, 2015, 8:09 PM

They are yours. Once they committed to you, they were yours.

Stop being such an idiot to think dragging whom else offered schollies (and there were prolly 20-30 others) dumbs your powerful embarrassment. Take it like a man. Put your head in your hands and shake side to side.

And... shaddup.

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Look Semenhole

Jul 11, 2015, 11:38 PM

Well, uh.... amen to that. Nough said.

Jul 12, 2015, 12:57 PM

The difference is Cook would prolly already be gone if he were at Clemson. AND the president would not need to get involved to make sure the right thing is done. Jimbo needs that type of babysitting, Dabo does not. He would be at some $EC school's camp right now. It's laughable to imagine that there is a similarity between program standards.

Cook is gone.

Jul 12, 2015, 6:31 PM

The only way he stays in school is if the girl recants and the independent witness's have heart attacks. FSU's new President aint from the same good ole boys club. Him and the AD have had enough, Jimbo isn't going to have a say in it. And I would be surprised if Rudolph and Deandre Francois aren't suspended a couple of games.

The legal drinking age in Fla. is 21.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2015, 3:37 AM

To be clear, there was not spotlight on Clemson. A blip on the radar, maybe. But no spotlight. Dude, "in"Famous Jameis just left FSU.....'nuff said. Good luck to you in 2015.....except 11/7

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic