Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Somehow, our defense is extremely underrated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,256

Somehow, our defense is extremely underrated

Oct 20, 2019, 8:31 AM

We've held each team to 20 points or less. The only other team that can make that claim within the top 25 is Iowa, who will be a non-factor in the playoff race. Also, if you look at the only game where we gave up over 14 points (UNC) we still held them to their lowest total yardage output so far this season. UNC is a top 50 offense, which is very respectable considering it's around 130 FBS teams.

Then there's Louisville. Coming in, this offense was highly rated and came off of a 62 point showing on the road vs a ranked team. They also put up nearly 400 yards on Top 10 Notre Dame, despite numerous turnovers. We held them to 10 points WITH substitutions and much much less than their season total yards average.

Oh btw. We still haven't given up over 300 yards of total offense. I wouldn't be surprised if that holds serve for the rest of the season.

It's very strange that the media wants to overlook that and jump blindly into Trevor's interceptions. Lol can't wait until we prove everyone wrong, yet again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Somehow, our defense is extremely underrated

Oct 20, 2019, 8:36 AM

It’s because we don’t have the name players this year and “play a poor schedule.” They’ll all find out the hard way come playoff time :)

Oct 20, 2019, 8:44 AM

I think it's because the talking heads are not watching our games. They all seem to be unaware how early we have taken out the 1st team offense in many games. And I think the fact that much of opponents yardage and scoring has come on our 2nd/3rd string defense in the second half, esp. the 4th quarter is totally lost on them. Our defense is playing lights-out. I'm looking forward to playing LSU or Oklahoma in the playoff. They aren't going to march up and down the field like they are used to with everyone telling them they are unstoppable.

Oct 20, 2019, 8:56 AM

Although I agree the defense is very much overlooked. ESPN has shown the past 2 games an animated graphic showing the amount of star power we lost and how our production has actually gotten better. And highlights the strength of the defense being the back 7.

Looking forward to the rest of the season!

Go tigers!

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,256
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic