Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some people have spent 3 months in the ICU and had
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 110
| visibility 1

Some people have spent 3 months in the ICU and had

Jul 4, 2020, 5:09 PM

Legs amputated for clotting and so on. Not to mention having their lungs damaged to awful levels.
Thousands of good people have died. Entire families have been forever changed and gone through hell.

And yet some of you refuse to take every precaution like wearing masks. We should be doing everything we can to defeat or slow the spread of this virus. Every life matters. Every family matters .

So... if you are one of those who refuse to wear a mask, to even attempt to do your part, you really need to rethink things. Thats extremely selfish.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, for many of the ignorant ones

Jul 4, 2020, 6:14 PM

They aren't going to understand the situation until a lot more people die. The bizarre thing is that one of Trump's closest friends has died of it and Trump is completely terrified of it. He pretends otherwise as an election gambit, but his words and actions are killing people.

It’s spooky how you geniuses are so in touch with Trump’s

Jul 4, 2020, 6:46 PM

innermost personal thoughts and feelings. Kinda creepy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

food, water, oxygen, CNN***

Jul 4, 2020, 7:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you're borderline special, it's not hard to see what

Jul 4, 2020, 8:27 PM [ in reply to It’s spooky how you geniuses are so in touch with Trump’s ]

the innermost thoughts are. Has Trump EVER said ANYTHING that made you believe that he was capable of processing anything above and beyond what's required to utter words?

Yeah, because the non mask wearers are clearly

Jul 4, 2020, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, for many of the ignorant ones ]

responsible for the spread and the deaths.

The evidence is all there

Jul 4, 2020, 11:32 PM

for even the dumbest of dumb-asses. Every other country in the world has been infected by COVID. We performed the absolute worst in response to it. What did the countries who responded well do? It's not that easy - my lesson is to reduce the number of dumb-asses by making them learn for themselves.

I don’t like it

Jul 5, 2020, 1:21 AM

null

Message was edited by: TigerDominance®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not worth the oxygen***

Jul 5, 2020, 1:28 AM

The U.S. had the worst response to it?

Jul 5, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to The evidence is all there ]

Bullcrap

China had the worst response to it. Great job CCP***

Jul 5, 2020, 1:23 PM

China got it under control early

Jul 5, 2020, 3:18 PM

Chinese are allowed to travel to Europe. You aren't.

“got it under control early” after the horribly failed

Jul 5, 2020, 3:55 PM

Coverup and letting it run rampant around the globe?

Alright we agree on something. ????

You can wish and hope and dream

Jul 5, 2020, 4:50 PM

on all of those idiotic ideas. None of that will make them true.

At this point you just want to argue with me

Jul 5, 2020, 9:59 PM

There is nothing idiotic about what I said.

China handled COVID-19 10 times worse than anyone. They had a huge New Years celebration in Wuhan and they knew the virus was spreading for at least 2 months already.

You think I’m just making this stuff up?

Re: China got it under control early

Jul 5, 2020, 4:27 PM [ in reply to China got it under control early ]

A right-wing periodical, The Free Beacon, on July 2 has finally gotten WHO to acknowledge that China NEVER informed them of the coronavirus outbreak in accordance to international law.

Basically WHO learned about the outbreak by monitoring communication between independent health agencies in China. When WHO confronted the Chinese, they still took 3 days to confirm that a mysterious outbreak had occurred.

Up until now, WHO had been covering for the Chinese, publishing a Covid-19 timeline that included a fictional notification of WHO. They never self-reported.

If it weren't for right wing news outlets (and sometimes the left, too) that do the real digging in journalism, we might have Americans who actually believe that China is to be praised for "getting the coronavirus under control early."

Without self-reporting, we have no idea how "early" anything was gotten "under control. "

And the fact is that we have NO evidence that China ever would have told us about the virus if it weren't for the WHO's intervention.

The WHO basically spied on the Chinese for their own good. I wonder why?

South Korea recorded their first case the same day as the US

Jul 5, 2020, 4:59 PM

Look into it.

We know South Korea did the best job in the world. Much

Jul 5, 2020, 10:15 PM

Better than us. There’s nothing we can do to change it now. People need to continue to say home not gather in groups etc.

How many of you got together with family on the 4th? If you really want to get on your high horse and judge people you need to stay home and not depend on these masks. It’s like a condom with holes in it.

Re: South Korea recorded their first case the same day as the US

Jul 6, 2020, 11:55 AM [ in reply to South Korea recorded their first case the same day as the US ]

Right and dumba$$ Biden would have turned the US response to S Korea-like! What a load of BS. Get out of your freakimg liberal echo chamber and get a breath of fresh reality. It will do you well.

The reality is, no matter what POTUS was in office and no matter what various mitigation attempts were tried, the ultimate situation in a year or two would not have been significantly different. The whole globe has it. We are a giant country with open borders, essentially, thanks to the DUMBCRATS.

If you send me a link to the Biden response plan, I will happily review it.

You are living in a fantasy world

Jul 6, 2020, 7:54 PM

Start to use your brain some. If you don't, your intellect will literally wither away.

Re: You are living in a fantasy world

Jul 6, 2020, 9:21 PM

I'm calling you out for what you are and represent. You are anti-American!! You long ago lost the power to reason when you surrendered to Marx and Lenin. You are what is known as a useful idiot!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t know how old you are, twinkle-toes

Jul 8, 2020, 7:25 AM

but Marx and Lenin were both dead long before I was born.

LOL!! Do you really believe China got it under control early?

Jul 5, 2020, 8:40 PM [ in reply to China got it under control early ]

And further, do you think masks would do that or herd immunity? You seem to have a habot of just talking out of your ###, on basically everything.

It's a good bet that Archie is a commie sympathizer***

Jul 6, 2020, 11:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are people really this ####### stupid?***

Jul 6, 2020, 7:55 PM [ in reply to LOL!! Do you really believe China got it under control early? ]

Re: Archie

Jul 6, 2020, 9:42 PM

I've always thought you were an honorable liberal.

You may not be Commie, just like Biden might not be.

But Biden will be whatever he needs to be to get elected.

What about you? You like to imply that everyone who doesn't agree with Jimmy Kimmel is willfully ignorant. (I picked Jimmy Kimmel out of the crowd of half-baked, pseudosmart, i'll-say-whatever-my-audience-wants-to-hear parody producers that your side mistakes for news reporters.)

You make accusations against America you can't back up, and then call other posters names when your 'facts' are incorrect.

I haven't heard you defend any American values in quite a while, even the liberal ones.

Your side is on a slide right now, giving up every value you once fought for, because you've sold your collective souls to a Marxist organization with a sympathetic name.

Arch, take a stand. Even if it's for liberalism. Stop letting Marxists lead you into hating America by the ring in your nose.

Stand up for a liberal cause, like free speech, or big government, or better schools or something. Because BLM is against ALL of them.

Draw a line in the sand for yourself. Our respect for you will skyrocket.

I stand for thought and reason

Jul 6, 2020, 10:25 PM

How many people actually understand what "liberal" and "conservative" even mean? How many are Republicans because they think it's the "White Party?" It's a lot more than you would think. There's a reason that Americans with advanced degrees voted overwhelmingly Democratic last time. Trump got something like 20% of that group.

Re: I stand for thought and reason

Jul 7, 2020, 12:41 AM

Yup. My relatives. Largely atheist or agnostic, or if they are religious at all, they believe that mankind is making the world a better place. Good, law-abiding, tax-paying high income people.

That's what most true liberals believe: that by being generous (liberal) with our respect for each other, or with our hard-earned cash (as funneled through the government) we can solve a lot of the world's problems. You recognize my freedoms while I recognize yours.

The scope of Western history is more liberal than conservative in that we have recognized the freedom of the individual. I understand and appreciate that definition of liberal.

But yet I am a conservative--i make a distinction between 'conservative' and 'reactionary' because I seek to conserve the basis of our Republic--because our Constitution balances liberal freedoms with accountability. Our rights are granted us by our Creator (DoI). The first clause of the first amendment--the very basis of all succeeding freedoms--is the freedom of religion or conscience. Back in 1789, "conscience" didn't mean "white guilt"; it meant "your obedience to the God you serve." That implies that all succeeding freedoms are merely expressions of the first, with a myriad of personal interpretations.

So yes, I emphasize personal responsibility over indulging in personal freedoms, because I have a responsibility to preserve this country for my kids and grandkids.

There will never be another one like it, because as society 'progresses' on a surface level it doesn't change mankind's underlying spiritual problems, and we are less equipped than ever before to deal with our spiritual issues.

If the great American debate were between liberal methodology vs conservative, that's a healthy discussion. That's mostly a question of priority.

But anarchy and Marxism are not included in that debate. They should only have as much place in our country as slavery--only in history books or a museum. Those forces do not serve liberal values or conservative but are totally antiestablishment. Yet the Democratic party is trying to harness their destructive anti-establishment power just enough to tear down a Presidency but not a country.

It is a fool's game they are playing, and people are dying in the streets from it.

You can throw stones at President Trump all you want, but I haven't heard a liberal yet whose criticism is based on thought and reason; it's mostly based on your opinion of yourselves, and what it would say about you if you voted for him. That's emotion. That's why we laugh at people with TDS--"smart" people who twist themselves into something really ugly and self-contradictory in order to avoid supporting anything he does. Where's the thought and reason in that?

I have never met a person who truly stood for thought and reason. I know a lot who wish to say that, but their end goal is really to FEEL like they stood for thought and reason. So instead of supporting a guy who might be less smart but better for the country, they don't even consider it. They vote for the person that appeals to their sense of smartness.

BTW, I thank an awesome personal counselor in N Charleston for helping me see awhile back that I was not the person of logic and reason I claimed to be. Maybe you're the unicorn, Arch, but I doubt it.

My point is not that you shouldn't be a liberal. My point is that liberals should not be supporting Marxists. They don't believe in what you do. No, the enemy of your President is not automatically your friend.

Thanks for reading.

I don’t think you understand

Jul 7, 2020, 7:56 AM

what liberal and conservative mean. Not from what you wrote, anyway.

Re: I don’t think you understand

Jul 7, 2020, 11:27 AM

If you prefer the dog-whistle definitions of “liberal=generous with other people’s money” and “conservative =really, really uptight”, I was hoping for more dialogue.

I guess you aren’t a conversationalist and thinker like my liberal cousin who is a tenured professor at U of CO with a Ph.D. In English History. She likes being called a liberal.

Once again, you feebly waved your sword at me in an attempt to parry my thrust but added nothing to the give-and-take. Why?

Are you actually working today? Did you even read what I wrote before commenting? If not, just say so. You know: TLDNR. Honesty is the key to good communication.

Unless you’re a liberal.??

Re: I don’t think you understand

Jul 7, 2020, 4:51 PM

BTW, Arch, English political parties were known as Liberals and Conservatives before we were.

So please don't try to tell me that you know better than me.

Education smeducation.

Like when Vlastimil Hort tried to tell me that Robert E Lee got whipped by Grant all up and down the Shenandoah Valley in 1864. Educated ignorance is really, really stupid, because they get their info from "trusted" misinformed sources.

Re: I stand for thought and reason

Jul 7, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to I stand for thought and reason ]

I hear often how “educated” people do not vote Republican. I have 3 degrees, I’m a hands in the dirt business owner, and a Southern Baptist Sunday School teacher. I’m also as conservative a guy as you will ever meet. What happened to me?? Lol.

20% of people with advanced degrees voted for Trump

Jul 7, 2020, 7:23 PM

That's still 1 out of 5. So if one of your degrees is advanced (PhD or ScD), you are in that 20%.

Re: Are people really this ####### stupid?***

Jul 6, 2020, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Are people really this ####### stupid?*** ]

No... just you

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please say you aren't a Clemson graduate

Jul 5, 2020, 3:17 PM [ in reply to The U.S. had the worst response to it? ]

This is devaluing my degree by association.

Re: Please say you aren't a Clemson graduate

Jul 6, 2020, 11:56 AM

You graduated from a school named after a slave owner. You are reprehensible on your own merits.

Got nothing to do with the discussion Roscoe

Jul 6, 2020, 7:57 PM

It's about being stupid or not.

why do you have to resort to personal attacks ?

Jul 6, 2020, 8:47 PM

Hit us with some knowledge and facts. Perhaps a list would convince us.

yeah he just pushed hodroxychloroquine

Jul 4, 2020, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, for many of the ignorant ones ]

and they demonized it immediately only to learn it does help

We still don't know

Jul 4, 2020, 11:19 PM

No scientific studies have shown a benefit yet. There are two or three non-scientific retrospective studies that claim some benefit, similar ones claim no benefit, and at least one that claims harm. Queue up a beer while we wait for reply posts of non-scientific studies. It can be a burden sometimes playing with a full deck of cards, depending on the environment.

Re: Unfortunately, for many of the ignorant ones

Jul 4, 2020, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, for many of the ignorant ones ]

He didn't remember his own Grandfather died in the first pandemic.

OMG- straight to politics!

Jul 5, 2020, 3:36 AM [ in reply to Unfortunately, for many of the ignorant ones ]

Yeah, i have a 39yr old friend that died of Covid, but I am 100% sure Trump didn't inject him with the virus!

There probably isn't a single person in the US that has a giant swath of friends like Trump that hasn't lost someone that they at least knew.

Please tell me how he is pretending? Please? He addresses it almost daily in briefs that you can watch if you get away from fake media as he says!

That said, give me the name of his best friend that died from Covid and the rational explanation of why Trump don't care. Just need to be educated! I can give you specific details as needed also on my friends that have contracted the disease. But they would never blame the president!

Stanley Chera

Jul 6, 2020, 10:39 PM

He was a real estate guy too. Donald talked about him when he died back in April.

I don't know why Trump was making fun of people wearing masks (calling it a political statement), why his people removed the mask and social distancing signs from the Tulsa arena, or why they supplied masks at Mt Rushmore but subtly discouraged people from wearing them. Does he really want to encourage transmission for some reason?

I don't know why we get all this bizarre behavior from him, but I am suspicious that it is untreated late-stage syphilis.

Jul 5, 2020, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, for many of the ignorant ones ]

Have you even stopped to consider that the same amount of people are going to die whether we slow it or not? MASKS WILL NOT STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID.

And you, young lady

Jul 6, 2020, 10:42 PM

are a huge part of the problem.

Nice pulse, bro.***

Jul 5, 2020, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, for many of the ignorant ones ]

Jul 5, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, for many of the ignorant ones ]

Archie, I have seen several of your posts.......I honestly think you have no true perception of 'reality'. You have consumed the 'purple koolaid' and your worldview is hopelessly warped. I think you are a male version of the "Karens" that are burning down the country. You have my sympathy.

The orb is wise ^^***

Jul 6, 2020, 11:58 AM

Re: Some people have spent 3 months in the ICU and had

Jul 4, 2020, 6:25 PM

Not arguing anything factual with you or any respondent, but maybe take a less lecturing/guilting tone and you might be better received. Also, you could take a day off from it every now and then.

I fully expect to be eviscerated for saying this, so have at it. I’m a big boy and can take it.

Jul 4, 2020, 6:29 PM

Not gonna happen for me. But keep wearing your face diaper sheep

This reminds me of all the old people that argued that seat belts infringed on the rights

Jul 4, 2020, 6:33 PM

And those people look like idiots now. Well, they look dead, but idiotic when they were making dumb arguments back in the day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seatbelts demonstrablysave lives. There is

Jul 4, 2020, 7:57 PM

no data suggesting that masks actually stop the spread. To hear so.e of go on, it's like the people who don't wear masks are the ones spreading it. There is simply no data to support that. And too, if you actually do some real research you will find that masks are only good for blocking large droplets (like coughing or sneezing). Surgical masks allow air on through the easiest path. N95 (most are not even legitimate) allow the virus out. Cloth is too porous and blocks no air.

I will wear a mask when in a place where social distancing is not possible. But regardless, folks lecturing the non mask wearers are somehow responsible for the spread are not using any data whatsoever. People who have maintained the stay inside ideology (unless necessitates are needed) and always wear a mask are catching it by the thousands. That would lead me to believe that masks don't prevent the spread.

and masks have demonstrably proven to stop spreading

Jul 4, 2020, 8:10 PM

Infections of many kinds. Hence why they’ve been used in hospitals for decades.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surgical masks are used in a clean environment and prevent droplets

Jul 4, 2020, 8:21 PM

They don't stop airborne viruses. You wvwr wonder why glasses will fog up when wearing a surgical mask? That's because air follows the path of least resistance, which in the case of surgical masks is typically above the nose. They ARE NOT filtering outgoing air.

Re: Surgical masks are used in a clean environment and prevent droplets

Jul 4, 2020, 10:06 PM

Coronavirus is mainly spread through respiratory droplets so the masks help. Maybe you agree. I didnt read the entire thread.

how much is "mainly"?***

Jul 4, 2020, 11:13 PM

Re: how much is "mainly"?***

Jul 4, 2020, 11:32 PM

"The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person. Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet). Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. Some recent studies have suggested that COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms."

Sorry, bud,

Jul 5, 2020, 1:24 PM

Two things "thought to" and "mainly" is still undefined. "Thought to...mainly" says precisely that it is not certain. And again, even if "mainly" were a scientifically proven fact, it does NOT exclude airborne virus transmission.

I fully acknowledged that masks are good for preventing droplet transmission, but again, what about airborne transmission? They do not stop that. Air follows the path of least resistance. Think about when you wear a surgical mask along with glasses. The glasses will fog up. Why? Because both exhaled and inhaled air is freely flowing into your mask above the nose. Hence, whether it's "mainly" or not airborne virus DOES transmit through the mask.

Masks DO NOT prevent the transmission of COVID, and there's no real data showing it even slows it.

And then when we talk about slowing it, what does that ultimately accomplish? Whether we slow it or not, it is going to touch everyone it's going to touch. And expecting to slow it for 6 months or 6 years, however long it takes to produce a vaccine, isn't that a bit unrealistic for people's well-being and the economy? The economy is falling further into a hole that could take decades to get out of. Is this what we want for our children?

So as far as slowing it, what does it really accomplish? I've read where herd immunity can come about in as little as 16% of the population catching it. So, like we do and have done every novel virus and flu strains, why don't we protect the at risk population and let it run it's sooner rather than later? Because, again, unless we have a vaccine it WILL run it's course.

It seems the vast majority of the medical experts around the

Jul 5, 2020, 2:10 PM

planet promote the use of masks. Unless you are a doctor and can PROVE the masks do not help, you look very foolish.

Again, masks prevent large droplets. So yeah, it can help stop

Jul 5, 2020, 8:37 PM

The spread of virus through large droplets. Air or moist exhales that go around a cloth or surgical mask? Not so much. You are aware there are many medical professionals, Dr. Fauchi included, who say or once said masks will not prevent the transmission of the virus, right?

Look, I wear a mask when applicable, but I'm not so ignorant to believe it will stop the virus. And slowing it is not even proven unless you're talking about couging or sneezing. The masks people are wearing DO NOT stop the virus from getting into the air.

Re: Again, masks prevent large droplets. So yeah, it can help stop

Jul 5, 2020, 10:17 PM

Slows it with talking and thats fact too.

Have you ever seen steam over a boiling pot?

Jul 5, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Sorry, bud, ]

No, you haven't. Steam is invisible. What you saw were small droplets of water in a mixture of steam and air, an aerosol. The airborne transmission is by aerosols that you exhale. You don't somehow exhale dry virus particles.

what the hell are you talking about?

Jul 5, 2020, 8:30 PM

My gosh man, you are really out there.

The moron I was replying to

Jul 6, 2020, 7:59 PM

was trying to make a big deal that droplets weren't the primary mode of transmission. They are the main way you shed the virus in a way that is transmittable. You #### and #### some out, but that should go to a sewage treatment plant.

Who said that?

Jul 9, 2020, 4:32 PM

Who said that droplets were in theory (and theory only) the primary way this or any virus is spread?

Point is, even are if droplets are the primary way this virus is spread (which is NOT proven), then there remains the airborne factor as well. A surgical mask, a piece of cloth, and not even N95 masks are effective against the spread of respiratory viruses.

Again, masks *may* help slow the spread of the virus via droplet transmissions, but they do not slow the spread of the virus through the air.

And again, ultimately even if the net result is a slowing of the transmission, what is this solving? The original post had a large tie to the "slow it now so we can play football" belief. What good does slowing it now do to help matters once it's unleashed in sports and gatherings to watch sports? And once sports open, do you think it makes sense to continue to push for keeping the rest of the country closed? How can anyone rationalize that? Do you think it makes sense to wait until after the season starts to let hundreds of players catch it once the sport starta? How devastating will it be when everything starts only to be canceled due to the virus panic button?

Not only did you not comprehend what you read, but as usual you're fighting for causes without definition. Kind of like saying, "we need to combat racial injustice" when you can't cite what needs to be reformed or even cite a single example of systemic racism or injustice.

To put it simply, you're full of hot air. You cry about everything and let misplaced feelings do your talking. The things is, you have no true facts to cry about. Just baseless talking points. You really do seem like a miserable human being.

Actually there is NO agreement on masks in hospitals

Jul 7, 2020, 8:07 AM [ in reply to and masks have demonstrably proven to stop spreading ]

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/infectioncontrol/16278

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This reminds me of all the old people that argued that seat belts infringed on the rights

Jul 5, 2020, 12:35 AM [ in reply to This reminds me of all the old people that argued that seat belts infringed on the rights ]

No. Evidence clearly showed that first-generation rear seatbelts--otherwise known as lapbelts--caused more injuries than they prevented.

Three-point seatbelts included a shoulder harness and distributed the stress better, reducing the number of internal injuries.

I think the importance of wearing a mask is in wearing an EFFECTIVE mask.

Just like seatbelts. I wear the simple kind because I should, and I just haven't invested in a good one yet. But the simple ones keep the guilt-police off my back--being self-employed, I never give a customer a reason to complain about anything--so I wear the cheap simple one.

I'm about ready to switch to second generation technology.

Re: This reminds me of all the old people that argued that seat belts infringed on the rights

Jul 5, 2020, 12:35 AM [ in reply to This reminds me of all the old people that argued that seat belts infringed on the rights ]

No. Evidence clearly showed that first-generation rear seatbelts--otherwise known as lapbelts--caused more injuries than they prevented.

Three-point seatbelts included a shoulder harness and distributed the stress better, reducing the number of internal injuries.

I think the importance of wearing a mask is in wearing an EFFECTIVE mask.

Just like seatbelts. I wear the simple kind because I should, and I just haven't invested in a good one yet. But the simple ones keep the guilt-police off my back--being self-employed, I never give a customer a reason to complain about anything--so I wear the cheap simple one.

I'm about ready to switch to second generation technology.

Jul 4, 2020, 6:30 PM

For what it's worth, I was tested for Covid on June 30th through a swab test at CVS. That test at CVS doesn't test for antibodies. You need a blood test for that. I just got a swab up the nose test. Anyway, I have it...tested positive. Some people in the bar I frequent came up positive, so I went and got tested due to a trip to see my somewhat elderly Mom. That trip is obviously postponed. Anyway, at the bar where I think I got it we didnt wear masks because we are drinking. Social distancing was terrible. That was irresponsible on my part. I wear masks everywhere else. Anyway, avoid bars. As far as my symptoms, at first I felt nothing when I got me results. Yesterday I came down with a fever, chills at times, skin feels kind of sore, and some severe stomach issues. I had a touch of chest pain too. Overall I am lucky, but I have it to give to others. Goes to show why people should wear masks and avoid crowds without masks. Who knows how many people I infected drinking with friends and acquaintances. I will be isolated for a bit.

Jul 4, 2020, 6:37 PM

Get well my friend. I hope you come through good as new. Tigernet is lucky to have you.

Hope you make a speedy recovery! Keep us posted.***

Jul 4, 2020, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Some people have spent 3 months in the ICU and had ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jul 4, 2020, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Some people have spent 3 months in the ICU and had ]

I'm sorry to hear it--hope you have a quick recovery.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 5, 2020, 12:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Some people have spent 3 months in the ICU and had ]

Sorry to hear that.

At least you're not isolated from us! (Unless you want to be)??

I guess this is the daily Cornflakes mask post on the

Jul 4, 2020, 6:45 PM

Football board. Seems you do this every day expecting some kind of result...

But since you brought it up - answer me this:

If everyone wears a mask - will you agree that society needs to be opened back up including movie theaters, sporting events, churches, gyms, beaches etc...?

Masks are either effective or they are not in preventing the spread of COVID-19. If the mandatory wearing of masks by everyone is not effective enough to allow the re-opening of our society then perhaps your faith in the COVID-19 protective qualities of mask wearing is a bit overstated.

Before all the holier than thou mask wearing crowd starts hammering me - for the record I wear a mask in public since it is now mandated in NC. However, I also see a big disconnect between the touted protective qualities of mandatory mask wearing by our governmental leaders who at the same time refuse to consider re-opening our society. It all wreaks of ulterior motive, politically driven bullsh*t and not "science" as they so often misconstrue and cherry-pick to prop up their narrative...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess this is the daily Cornflakes mask post on the

Jul 4, 2020, 6:55 PM

I realize that was for Corn. That said, masks are not 100% effective. They just drastically reduce the spread. What should or should not be opened up is for someone more knowledgeable than I am. I will leave that to epidemiologists and officials. We need the economy moving though. Maybe indoor bars should be closed though. Who knows?

There is ZERO evidence they, "drastically reduce the spread", nor

Jul 9, 2020, 4:49 PM

is there scientific evidence that the virus is spread "mainly" through respiratory droplets.

I'm a mask wearer. Because if I cough, sneeze, or talk, I don't want to chance spreading the virus in the event I am asymptomatic. At the same time, I don't want to ingest droplets from someone with the virus coughing, sneezing, or talking near me and then ingesting or breathing the droplets.

So yes, in theory, masks may help reduce transmission, but there is zero scientific data to prove it and certainly not to prove it, "drastically reduces the spread". You made that part up.

It depends on how far you want to go to prevent the spread

Jul 4, 2020, 7:09 PM [ in reply to I guess this is the daily Cornflakes mask post on the ]

of a highly contagious, very serious, sometimes deadly virus. Wearing a mask is not 100% effective, and the best way to stop the spread is to avoid crowds and practice social distancing. So, wearing a mask is not a magic cure-all, and not opening everything up 100% and going back to life as usual does not by any stretch show that faith in the effectiveness in masks is overstated. It's just good sense. Having said all of that, it's a balancing act. The economy can't (and won't) be shut down for a protracted period of time, as there will be dire, long term consequences from that too. We are plodding our way through uncharted territory here, and most of us are doing the best we can to do our part, while some are in denial and/or just don't givadam about others.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I guess this is the daily Cornflakes mask post on the

Jul 4, 2020, 8:16 PM [ in reply to I guess this is the daily Cornflakes mask post on the ]

mpercy/tabby appears this discussion is above your pay grade. Really poor logic.

Derogatory comments coming from someone with a 54% pulse

Jul 4, 2020, 10:40 PM

would indicate you are either an idiot or an a$$hole. I'm guessing both....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2020, 6:56 PM

I hope you take the same altruistic view with regards to speeding. Lord knows how many lives and limbs have been lost to accidents where excessive speed was a factor. Speed limits don’t infringe on your rights because ‘Murica. Real Men drive the speed limit (or lower). Always.

I lost my best friend and Clemson roommate to a high speed crash on I-85.

Who knows? Taking every precaution and always driving at or below the speed limit may save the life of one dear to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wearing a mask isn't smart

Jul 4, 2020, 6:59 PM

If you wear a mask and you have a virus, the mask is trapping anything that your body is trying to exhale while your immune system is trying to fight off the disease, including the virus itself. Breathing the virus in again will increase the viral load and only make you sicker.

You are a stone-cold idiot.***

Jul 4, 2020, 11:17 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Wearing a mask isn't smart

Jul 4, 2020, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Wearing a mask isn't smart ]

Moran.

Jul 4, 2020, 7:13 PM

Are we all prepared to wear masks at all time for years to come? An effective vaccine may never arrive. But that's beside the point. For all the crying about people dying from COVID, or even just suffering hospitalization from it, for all the "if it saves one life!" crocodile tears, we've ignored tens of thousands of flu deaths every year for decades. In 2017/18, between 60k and 90k people died from H1N1 flu. Did ANYONE demand we close down the economy, quarantine healthy people, and force everyone to wear masks? No. And why? Did those lives not matter? If we get a vaccine to COVID, will those flu deaths go back to not mattering? Or will the "if it saves one life!" lamentations drive mask-wearing forever?

My sin, I guess, is thinking no more about the people dying of COVID than I think about the people dying of the flu. COVID deaths are not more tragic than flu deaths. The vast (VAST) majority of people who get the flu will survive and it seems the vast majority of people who get COVID will survive, albeit at a slightly higher risk of dying. COVID *is* more deadly than the flu. Some people who get the flu will die, despite medicine's best efforts; a somewhat larger number of people who get COVID will die despite medicine's best effort.

Virtually no one has ever advocated that people wear masks in public to prevent spreading the flu, despite the flu killing 30-50k people in the US most years. I never remember hearing anyone advocating that we wear masks around town just in case we might infect someone else with the flu. I know I never did.

No one cared about those deaths. I didn't. I don't. I don't care much about COVID deaths. Deaths of strangers from car accidents, falling off ladders, cancer, alcoholism, drug overdoses, flu, COVID, are all pretty much the same to me--it's a shame, and I feel some sadness for their loved ones but that's about it. Death of a loved one from any cause is a personal tragedy, so if someone in my circle dies of COVID, does it affect me more or less than if they die from the flu or a car wreck?

When you try to shame people for not wearing a mask "because you might kill some one else!" I have to wonder: Do I stop driving my car in case today is the day I accidentally kill someone with my vehicle? Do I stop watching football games in case this game is the one in which a young man breaks his neck and dies?

COVID is nothing special. About 8000 Americans die from something every single day. All those deaths, from all causes, impact me about the same. COVID killing people is about the same to me as heart attacks or cancer killing people--when they're strangers to me. Cancer or heart attack or COVID will be a tragedy if it affects someone close to me, but COVID would not make it a bigger tragedy.

Are you now willing to commit to this level of effort forever to save 30-50k people from the flu annually? Or is it just COVID?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2020, 11:45 PM

I think you're looking at it the wrong way.

132,000 have died from covid-19 and it's only been a few months, so not just a "slightly" higher chance of dying...

We have a vaccine for the flu, we do not for covid.

Covid deaths ARE significantly more tragic than flu deaths. If you die from covid , you're likely dying alone, with no family able to get close to you.

I think instead of thinking about it like wearing a mask means you have to care so much you can't even drive your car, think about it like wearing a mask is the equivalent of not driving like a maniac.

Side note, if the masks work as well as we all hope they could be a driving force in being able to open the economy back up.

Maybe try feeling some empathy from time to time. It won't make you less of a man...

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crump/B-Meist can you please ban this guy already??

Jul 4, 2020, 7:27 PM

It's just one COVID/mask post after another.

You've banned people for much less.

Crump®

B-Meist®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

it's like Groundhog's Day...

Jul 4, 2020, 7:32 PM

okay, we got it. Wear masks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all due respect bob, do you not see that the fact that

Jul 4, 2020, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Crump/B-Meist can you please ban this guy already?? ]

someone says "wear a mask in public because limited evidence shows that it might help" is so controversial?

We're a country that used to look out for neighbors, friends, the community.

Now saying "hey, do this thing that MIGHT help slow down an unprecedented virus" is all of a sudden out of line?

The fact that Cornflake's position (if not his tone, which leaves some to be desired) is seen as "controversial" is VERY troubling as far as the outlook of this virus goes.

great football post***

Jul 4, 2020, 8:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jul 4, 2020, 8:48 PM

Good post Cornflakes but there’s no convincing some of the hardheaded folks on here.

I can recommend a great book for you.

Jul 4, 2020, 9:03 PM

It is called How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie. You should read it. It’s clear that you haven’t.

Proverbs 16:18

I wear a mask and remain semisecluded because I'm old.

Jul 4, 2020, 9:36 PM

I am not one to tell someone else how to behave or what to think but your statement 'defeat or slow the spread, is nonsensical.

The only way we defeat it is though herd immunity. There is no vaccine coming, anyone who believes the BS coming out of Fauci's mouth is a fool. He's lied like a cheap rug since mid Jan when he told us that China was forthcoming with data.

Fauci also told us that 70% of American would have to contract the virus to reach herd immunity. Studies across the world show that to be twice the number. Reports of herd immunity are as low and 16% infection rate with a max of 42%.

As I said, I wear a mask, wash the flesh off my fingerbones and stay at least 6' from others in public. Your issue isn't with me. Your issue is with you. Unless you interact with people who have a medical profile which makes this virus deadly to them you should promote herd immunity by getting exposed. What is the use of slowing the spread. You're pulling the bandaid off one hair at a time. Herd immunity is our only salvation and the quicker this thing runs its course the sooner the vulnerable will be safe.

Do your part to make us whole again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my thoughts exactly...

Jul 4, 2020, 11:09 PM

Even if in theory you could slow it down, you can't stop it. It will eventually spread one way or another once things reopen in full. The only two solutions are herd immunity or a vaccine.

There's Remdesivir and other theraputics in development, and too I see where latest data suggests hydroxychloroquine is highly effective at reducing the death rate. It seems we need to try and move forward instead of delaying the inevitable. Then too, I guess some people are just going to wait on a vaccine or herd immunity before going back to normal life, regardless of what I t does to the economy. As it is, the economic hole is getting is getting deeper by the day.

Re: I wear a mask and remain semisecluded because I'm old.

Jul 4, 2020, 11:48 PM [ in reply to I wear a mask and remain semisecluded because I'm old. ]

My doctor told me last week that we have absolutely no evidence that herd immunity is possible with Covid. He said the evidence now actually suggests having Covid does not protect you from getting it again. That was his response to me asking him about having the antibody test done.

Sorry, but there is zero evidence to show that you can

Jul 5, 2020, 1:27 PM

catch it twice. Your doctor either heard or read that incorrectly, or he made it up.

Re: Sorry, but there is zero evidence to show that you can

Jul 5, 2020, 5:15 PM

you dont think the media would be all over that drama if someone got it again?

Re: Sorry, but there is zero evidence to show that you can

Jul 5, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Sorry, but there is zero evidence to show that you can ]

you dont think the media would be all over that drama if someone got it again?

There were a couple cases where people test positive

Jul 5, 2020, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Sorry, but there is zero evidence to show that you can ]

Then negative. Then a week later test positive again.

I believe that can be attributed to a false negative test. If people could get it twice I think we should be seeing something clearer cut cases maybe having it months apart twice.

One person on the planet was reported to have had covid...

Jul 7, 2020, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Sorry, but there is zero evidence to show that you can ]

twice. That was in Japan and in the first month of news focusing on the virus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2020, 11:18 PM

They just don't know what it's like to lose someone very close to them, bc if they did, they would be joining us that take an extra step to ensure we don't get it, and if we do, we try and keep it to ourselves and not spread it to someone that doesn't really know how close they were to it, and bc those that wear a mask are protecting the unexpected and the unprotected!!! A hard headed person will always come to a point in their life, that their hard head is going to cause a very hurt butt, but it's usually to late for saying I wish I had been and done it differently bc the damage will be done and unchangeable, and the only thing left to do is to live with the consequences regardless of how much damage has been done bc they refused to see the danger they brought upon themselves or someone very dear to them!!!

Jul 5, 2020, 2:49 PM

And having had Covid 19 IS NOT there biggest problem. Wait until they get the bill for 3 months of ICU.

Jul 6, 2020, 7:57 AM

Y'all all seriously need to go back to work or find something constructive to do.

Jul 6, 2020, 8:42 AM

Ok. So I do congratulate you for your care and desire to help others. Bravo. Once again, the problem is 95% of people are not wearing the correct mask. Cloth face coverings DO NOT WORK. They filter NOTHING. In fact, there is the potential for concentrating the virus. The surgical masks dont stop it. Those masks do not filter the air into or out from your mouth, in effect, allowing it to freely pass along to others. Yes, surgeons wear them, but they are constantly sanitizing, are not sick during an operation and not exposing a patient to something not already common. Then there is the fact that most people wearing a face covering do not wear it correctly...exposed nose, facial hair, lack of closure to the face. Have you paid attention to the Norwegian countries? They didnt enforce masks and have recovered. Yes, initial high number of reported cases, followed by an equally high number of recoveries. Distancing and sanitizing have more effect than the current trend on face coverings.

Exactly.***

Jul 9, 2020, 4:39 PM

Unequivocally wrong.***

Jul 9, 2020, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Some people have spent 3 months in the ICU and had ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Jul 6, 2020, 11:45 AM

Everyone is wasting their time here. Me included. No one, in the history of Ever, has convinced anyone of anything on social media (including sports forums). No one will be shamed or lectured into wearing masks. I wear a mask the limited occasions that I do venture out. And no one is going to "sheep" me into stop wearing masks. Why? Because people who call people sheep are also......wait for it....sheep. How so? Because just like mask wearers, no-mask people have decided to believe something that was shared to them with no expertise in the field of concern. You are "sheep" to whatever contingent has told you that mask-wearing is a constitutional thing or political thing or whatever-your-thing-is thing.

I will add this one note....and I know the people who contradict this will not read this. Just wasting my time putting it here. But here we go....the comment that no data has backed up that wearing masks helps is inaccurate. For one, this is a new situation - don't take something someone said in Feb/Mar and think that is the one and final answer. Similarly, don't take info in June/July and think its the new eternal gospel. More info comes in every day and unlike political personalities, medical experts will publicly change their mind and their stance as new/better info comes in. But in regards to masks, and I quote: "One of the strongest studies comes from the scientific journal The Lancet this June, which compiled multiple studies from both healthcare and community settings to find that wearing a mask may bring the risk of transmission of coronaviruses from 17% to 3%." To me, it makes sense to wear masks. To argue that its not foolproof is like saying "well seat belts work sometimes but they don't stop drive-by shootings". No, they don't. But they do help some. So for me and mine and especially my older family and friends who are at risk, we wear masks and social distance.

Jul 6, 2020, 11:58 AM

This is what we need...another finger wagging dilettante bitching about the virus and nothing else going on in the world that is killing people by the millions each year.

Jul 6, 2020, 7:58 PM

2 words UNDERLYING CONDITIONS smdh

Jul 7, 2020, 5:17 AM

Half of america has some underlying condition. Smdh.

For the love of life

Jul 6, 2020, 8:54 PM

Please let this post die! It is the same post as 99 others and the OP couldn’t be bothered to give everyone a day off on the 4th! Don’t feed trolls please. Thank you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For the love of life

Jul 7, 2020, 5:23 AM

Could it be we are in the middle of a pandemic thats affected almost everyone on earth? No football at the moment either. Might not see the season either.

The world doesnt revolve around you. There are lives at stake. Last time i checked, covid19 was mentioned by almost everyone else on the planet on the 4th too.

Replies: 110
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic