Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some interesting stats regarding our ref last night...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Some interesting stats regarding our ref last night...

Nov 13, 2016, 11:22 PM

I looked at all the ACC match ups this year and made a table of each games # penalties and # yards. Some interesting things popped out in this somewhat crude analysis...

League avg (6 pen, 55 yds)
Clemson Avg over 7 games (7 pen, 60 yds)
Clemson Avg when DH refs (10 pen, 91 yds)

So in the two games (GT, Pitt) he as averaged 3 more pen and 31 more yds.

So far this year DH has ref'ed 6 games in addition to ours.

WF v Duke
WF v NCSU
FSU v Mia
WF v Cuse
UNC v UVA
FSU v NCSU

In each of the games listed above, he has been right around the season average (+/-) 1 penalty (+/-) 10 yds for each team with the exception of one game... FSU v Mia! in that game Mia had 4 pen and 48 yds above their average! It is also interesting that in both of the FSU games they were penalized less and for less yards.....

Hmmm so this ref (South Carolina grad) not only throws more flags on us, but he also throws less flags on our biggest rival in the conference. If find it more than a coincidence that the only game he ref'ed that was as far away from the norm as us, was the FSU v Mia game which was really close and would have been in our best interest if they lost.

To top it off, he was the ref in our game last yr against LU.... what was the diff in penalties? Clem 6-53 LU 2-15!

Lost of smoke here fellas.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's see. The LU game last year we had the penalty against

Nov 13, 2016, 11:32 PM

Shaq where he barely touched the QB and they called targeting.....and then, at the end DW had his head turned around backwards on a crucial 3rd down play THAT NOT ONE OFFICIAL saw.....

Re: Let's see. The LU game last year we had the penalty against

Nov 13, 2016, 11:36 PM

Unfortunately this analysis only captures the called penalties... not any of the miss calls... I am sure that would be eye opening!

Yep. That is what I meant by the no-call on the face mask of

Nov 13, 2016, 11:38 PM

DW on third down. He was stopped a half yard short because of the face mask. That was a double whammy. No face mask, and he gets the first down, game over.

Not just lots of smoke

Nov 13, 2016, 11:34 PM

there's fire there. Good job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

You can't trust a COOT!

Nov 13, 2016, 11:38 PM

Shouldn't that be conflict of interest or something ??. That punk was a "wee bit" blatant in my own opinion....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some interesting stats regarding our ref last night...

Nov 13, 2016, 11:57 PM

Considering this crew also worked the Clemson-FSU game last year, feel free to compare those stats. Clemson penalized 3 times for 32 yards.

See how quickly it disproves your complaints? You guys cry more than Louisville fans.

And did you even watch the FSU-Miami game? Miami could have had far far more penalties thrown against them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 1:29 AM

Why do you continue to read these posts if they bother you so much?

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Nov 14, 2016, 12:37 PM

Should have won anyway.

So it is a lock this guy calls ACC-CG.***

Nov 14, 2016, 12:37 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we can a way to get some attention of media outside...

Nov 14, 2016, 1:11 AM

of Clemson, it'd be interesting. I'm not calling that the refs throw the game, but it shouldn't come to this in the first place.

Nov 14, 2016, 5:37 AM

Guys, we did not lose the ball game because of the ref's calls. We lost because we had two critical turnovers in the red zone, couldn't make 1 yard on two tries when we had to have it, failed to score any points in the 4th quarter to put the game away, and Pitt had our defense out of position and confused most of the game.

I'm quite sure that all college referee's have an attachment to some college school. Most referees are educated, college graduates so it is natural for these folks to have ties to a school. Does this mean they are incapable of calling a fair game - even against a "rival school"? I tend to think not as I think the ref's do a good job of keeping their bias in check and strive to be fair. Do they sometimes make horrible calls? You bet and Saturday night was a prime example of some horrible calls - but I don't think it was some USuC grad conspiracy. Having said that, there are certain ref crews that I absolutely don't like calling our games (i.e. Ron Cherry and Duane Heydt); not because I think they are biased against us but because they have shown a track record of idiotic calls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 6:02 AM

Yes but he doesn't call all of the penalties , there are other officials with him .

There isn't really anything wrong here .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 14, 2016, 8:16 AM

Yes 14 points had no effect on the outcome of the game, our d is to blame 200%, that's their 100% + the refs 100% for you math majors.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic