Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some folks saying beating ND and Miami won't help our RPI...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,758

Some folks saying beating ND and Miami won't help our RPI...

May 25, 2018, 9:05 AM

well, this Tiger team beat the He!! out of both of these teams.....crushed them, did what they were supposed to do, played complete ball like a National seed. And don't think for a minute that the 17 run 4th inning against ND will go unnoticed. That half inning is the "talk" of the tournament......now if we had pi$$ed the bed like UNC did, then it would be a different conversation. I agree, keep winning in the ACC tournament ...but the Regional and Super Regional is coming to Clemson......fill Doug Kingsmore and help send this Tiger baseball team to Omaha!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the Sat game is important

May 25, 2018, 9:15 AM

Either team we face is looking to steal a National seed by winning out- the spot they steal could end up being ours. Our SOS has dipped to 44- lowest I ever remember it. I think we have earned it but we have some #s working against us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the Sat game is important

May 25, 2018, 9:49 AM

If we lose Saturday the winner will steal UNC’s national seed, not ours.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Some folks saying beating ND and Miami won't help our RPI...

May 25, 2018, 9:18 AM

beating ND and Miami certainly did not hurt our cause, but UNC losing in their pool probably was the best thing to happen to Clemson.

You can give me all of RPI numbers you want, but the ACC was and is going to get at least 1 top 8 seed with a second being a possibility with no guarantee. Going into this weekend I think UNC had the edge. With Clemson advancing out of their pool in dominating fashion and UNC not making it through, this makes the selection very easy for the committee. UNC will still get a regional, but their hopes of a top 8 national seed took a sharp hit when they lost to Pitt. Now Clemson is firmly in the top 8 seed (I am guessing 6) and UNC is on the bubble of an 8-10.

Bingo***

May 25, 2018, 9:33 AM

May 25, 2018, 9:18 AM

Its not an opinion, those games did not affect our RPI at all. I agree the perception is good for us right now, but if RPI is weighted heavily we could need another win.

null

May 25, 2018, 9:43 AM

Wins by Louisville and GT today would do wonders for our RPI. We need to get GT back in the top 50, plus UNC would drop again. Also we didn't play Duke so any opponent who beats them is a plus.

null

yep- both those games help our rpi regardless but a little

May 25, 2018, 10:01 AM

more if the team we played wins. I agree we should be ahead of UNC at this point but my main concern would be getting our spot stolen by FSU who would be 2-2 with us, higher RPI and tourney champs if they win out or NCSU who would be 4-0 vs us and conf tourney champs if they win out(and they may end up passing us in RPI if that is the case).

I'm sure losing to Pitt helped the cheatin Tarholes somehow***

May 25, 2018, 9:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If this format tanks the cheatin Tarholes somehow

May 25, 2018, 10:26 AM

look for Swoff to come up with some other cockamamie format

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It helps a d@mn sight more than losin'***

May 25, 2018, 12:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,758
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic