Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some basketball perspective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Some basketball perspective

Sep 19, 2018, 12:02 PM

sure, it sux to see 5 star talent like Williamson and James tease us up to the very end. But...

We were actually in it for them. First time that can be said about truly elite talent in many years. Stinks, but we ain't battling Asheville and Radford for recruits anymore.

In their place we have very good recruits. 4 stars, top 150 players. Amir Simms starts at PF this year. Anyone not excited to see his development? Chase Hunter for next season plays the same position as James. He is a fast riser right now. These are really, really good prospects. Throw in A.J. Oliver, another 4 star who flashed late last year. And Christian Brown is still very possible, if not probable. Tennessee is not mentioned with him, and the thought of many was James and him could be a duo somewhere. He's a top 50 recruit and would be a huge deal. Guys like Newman, Tyson and Jemison last year were all highly rated 3 stars. That used to be our ceiling, no more.

Recruiting has improved greatly. We're Clemson, 5 stars don't exactly flock here. It would be great to get them. But if We're going to truly move forward long term, it will be with guys who stay 3-4 years. UVa is our model, not Duke or Kentucky. We're on track there. The talent level is far better than 3 years ago. And Brownell is proving to be among the most adept at recruiting the transfer open market.

The future is still trending upward big time. Let's not lose sight of that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some basketball perspective

Sep 19, 2018, 12:10 PM

Well said. The news today is disappointing, but we are still making progress and recruiting higher level players now.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 12:17 PM

I like your point and also throw our ability to get good transfers.
I really don’t like our chances with Brown though. If he was so high on Clemson think he would have committed a week or two after his official visit? UGA has got steam with their whole staff visiting him last week. Don’t be surprised Tennessee gets involved with James’ tight relationship with Brown.

Sep 19, 2018, 12:38 PM

Great post!, next year will probably be a rebuild year after we lose almost our entire starting lineup, but we will still have Newman, Oliver, Trapp, and Hunter at the Guard position. My biggest concern is we will have a really young team, without a Star player. I think getting a good Center is our biggest need. Amir can play the 4 but who will play the 5? We’ll see if Jemison is a good backup, will be interesting.

White can also play the post

Sep 19, 2018, 1:06 PM

Whether next year is a rebuild depends on how much development we see from Simms, Oliver, the freshmen, even Trapp. Trapp is a guy who if his skill level improves is a real wild card. His athleticism and size for a PG are ideal. Brownell has always been good at developing skills

Re: White can also play the post

Sep 19, 2018, 1:42 PM

While we lost James Coach Brownell hasn’t stopped looking for a top quality point guard outside of South Carolina. If posters look at our prospects it is quite evident where our focus is for next year.

We need another inside presence and a really good point to take us forward. Our staff certainly put forth the proper effort, but they aren’t done yet.

Go Tigers ??!!

No doubt, and the quality of recruits we are after

Sep 19, 2018, 1:44 PM

is far higher than just a few years back

Sep 19, 2018, 1:22 PM

For some further perspective...We need to be discussing the Dorman High School product that visited on Saturday as well P.J. Hall. 6'8"" junior And will be chasing his third straight title at Dorman High School

We will have 4 scholarships available

Sep 19, 2018, 1:30 PM

so I'm sure he is a target? Have we offered him?

and while i agree 100%..it still sux.***

Sep 19, 2018, 1:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic