»
Topic: So why did GaTech go get the former Temple coach?
Replies: 9   Last Post: Aug 21, 2019 11:24 AM by: FORESTTIGER
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

So why did GaTech go get the former Temple coach?

[3]
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 8:59 PM

Don't get why they thought he was a great coach there. Didn't Temple get blown out by Duke in their bowl game last season?

Re: So why did GaTech go get the former Temple coach?

[1]
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 9:03 PM

1. Because he was there?
2. Because he was available?
3. Because he has a lot of energy?
4. Because everybody was sick and tired of triple option football?

Plenty of reasons

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 9:08 PM

Young coach, had success at Temple, has ties to the area, been an assistant at GT before, and didn’t run an option offense.

Maybe do the slightest bit of investigating before asking stupid questions.

Hiring a

[2]
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 9:28 PM

Knowledgeable young coach is in vogue right now. You’ll see more of that in the future . College football is going through a transition right now that will feature youth and exciting teams. There is this school in the SC foothills that had set a new standard for college football.

Young coaches have been getting hired for a long time

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 9:35 PM

This isn’t something that Dabo started. I just wanted to push back on the ill-informed position that because he was the coach at Temple, he’s not a good coach.

Re: Young coaches have been getting hired for a long time

[1]
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 11:24 AM

I agree with what you are saying . A lot of openings now at choice programs are filled with young coaches with lots of potential rather than trying to buy one from another program. You need look no further than Louisville to see what I am suggesting. The hiring of Satterfield was an excellent move by them. Certainly better than the one they made with the ‘old’ coach! Dabo is in a class by himself!

The GT AD got a glowing recommendation about Coach Collins from a former Temple player...

[2]
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 9:46 PM

And GT just had to gobble him up!

~JKB

[1]
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 9:55 PM

He is a good coach with Georgia Tech ties.

Have you seen his waffle house and 404 campaigns? Collins is connecting with the city of atlanta and bringing a much needed enthusiasm to georgia tech football. He is bringing in a better class than they have had in a long time. Unfortunately many of the transfers were ruled ineligible this year but they will make an impact in the coming years.

I really like him. Reminds me of Dabo.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 10:10 PM

Happy coincidence, once every blue moon someone escapes Philadelphia.

Everyone is trying to copy Clemson & Dabo, but

[1]
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 10:12 PM

There is only one Dabo. He is a genuine ORIGINAL. And Dabo IS Clemson. Dabo tapped into everything that is great and unique about Clemson - things Clemson fans and Aluumni have known for years.

GO TIGERS!

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Charlotte
FOR SALE: My husband is still deployed so I have one ticket for sale. Section TDM Row AA seat 29 (Seat has s...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1238 people have read this post