Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So why are we hearing nothing on the UNC fraud?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,780

So why are we hearing nothing on the UNC fraud?

Aug 18, 2017, 12:13 PM

Swoff issue a gag order?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So why are we hearing nothing on the UNC fraud?

Aug 18, 2017, 12:19 PM

You will not hear anything for three or four months at the least. Remember, lawyers are involved! $$$$$$

A decision will be made but probably not until December. Or later

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2017, 12:23 PM

I predict it will not come until after basketball season and tournament is over. We wouldn't want to spoil a chance for them to win another championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2017, 12:32 PM

Final decisions will likely occur in the next six months, but UNCheat will likely appeal any ruling. I see a final public announcement forthcoming in the first quarter of 2018.

The NCAA will likely not waste time on this matter, especially when the tarholes have been less than cooperative.

Go Tigers!

Aug 18, 2017, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: So why are we hearing nothing on the UNC fraud? ]

It is interesting to me that the NCAA holds secret hearings, most definitely not open to the public on rule violations that could lead to penalties costing millions of dollars and perhaps shutting down entire programs as happened to SMU. No visitors, no news media and a gag order on talking about who said what, when, where and why.

Seems too secretive to be a good practice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its actually an NCAA violation for the offending school

Aug 18, 2017, 12:33 PM

to discuss any details of their meeting with the Committee on Infractions---so, unc can't really discuss anything.....not that they would have anyhow without an FOI procedure being filed forcing the tarhole admin. to give up the info.

It'll be 2-3 months before the NCAA COI comes to a decision on whether or not to penalize unc and what the penalties will be. Then, we'll have to wait for unc to make that info public (if there are no penalties, I'm certain unc will notify the media immediately)

And as I've posted before, should unc see any levied penalties as too severe, IMO, they'll head to court immediately to file an injunction to prevent the NCAA from implementing those sanctions. That, of course, means the case will drag on for additional years.

unc's legal tab (including PR firms fees) for all this was right at $20 million dollars a few months ago. Should they file an injunction in court, I'd fully expect that amount to double......all trying to avoid resolution of something that would easily have been over in just a few months had they just admitted what they'd done for decades and accepted the easiest terms offered by the NCAA....Instead, the scandal has been drug out for years and has cost the tarholes many millions of dollars and they may ultimately get serious sanctions anyway.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its actually an NCAA violation for the offending school

Aug 18, 2017, 12:54 PM

considering what they've done I doubt they are very worried about that penalty

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The hearing was scheduled for the 16th and 17th.

Aug 18, 2017, 12:35 PM

Be patient.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,780
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic