Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So what are we complaining about tonight?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 73
| visibility 1

So what are we complaining about tonight?

Nov 7, 2019, 10:41 PM

Only winning by 34 points?
Only shooting 41% on three pointers?
Only shooting 75% on free throws?
Only forcing 21 turnovers?
Only playing 13 players?

Please advise. TIA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dude from Vassar weighs too much is about it***

Nov 7, 2019, 10:45 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what are we complaining about tonight?

Nov 7, 2019, 10:46 PM

players with fragile ankles? Is Hemenway ok???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2019, 7:30 AM

Seriously, is Hemenway's ankle ok?

And what's wrong with the camera people that they couldn't break away from his face when he was clearly in so much pain?

Nov 7, 2019, 10:48 PM

Ask those same questions when we play a quality opponent.

Okay, so we’re complaining that we didn’t play a quality opponent.

Nov 7, 2019, 10:56 PM

Got it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 8, 2019, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: So what are we complaining about tonight? ]

There's no question that Judge Keller will be talking Clemson basketball, good or bad. This post may cause him to be busier when things aren't so good, but I have no doubt that he will be there for the debate.

Nov 8, 2019, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: So what are we complaining about tonight? ]

You might as well give up on the Judge......cause he and CBB are blood brothers or something like that......he will go down with the ship fighting to the very end......and I got to give him credit for that.......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Nov 7, 2019, 10:49 PM

No complaints from me. Hopefully, this is the model going forward. Going deep on the bench early and often. Our best player had maybe his worst offensive game and the overall energy of the team was such that it was barely noticeable.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2019, 10:52 PM

That Dabo hasn't already slap the chit out of someone in one of the committee family members bc, disrespect should be repaid with disrespect!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2019, 8:17 PM

Think he might be saving that for the N.C. State players tomorrow night......Go Tigers!!!!!

Nov 7, 2019, 10:52 PM

JK, we all know that the only reason anyone ever complains is our record in conference play.

You know, in football we complain that the other teams can't get their acts together like we have; in basketball, we complain that our coach can't get our acts together, either.

BB can have us unbeaten out of conference, including beating the Fighting Chickens by 20, and it's irrelevant. It's all about the ACC standings.

Now it was gonna be a quiet night, but maybe not anymore. Give it a few minutes.

Not much to complain about tonight.

Nov 7, 2019, 10:55 PM

Unlike against VT.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Don't worry ST, you'll have plenty of time to do that.

Nov 8, 2019, 2:37 PM

And soon.

We didn’t

Nov 7, 2019, 10:55 PM

win enough close games tonight.

The game against Colgate can show that

Nov 7, 2019, 10:57 PM

the VT game was a possible anomaly. They're big, and good, better on paper than VT. It's really a need to win game to have any semblance of a good Nov-Dec.

Tonight we did exactly what we should have against a severely outgunned opponent. After the second half on Tuesday, that was a positive step. I thought Hunter responded especially well

I hope the VT game was an anomaly. At this stage

Nov 7, 2019, 11:10 PM

I'm not at all confident it was.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I hope the VT game was an anomaly. At this stage

Nov 7, 2019, 11:15 PM

Yep - Smiling ..... What do you think - Judge ?!?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I think we're a lot better shooting team than we showed

Nov 8, 2019, 2:53 PM

against Virginia Tech.

We are built to run and shoot. We are going to take a lot of threes this year, and I expect we will make them at a pretty good clip. However, let's not forget that the three point line is longer this year, so that might take some getting used to. And as with any team that takes a lot of threes, some games you'll be hot and others you'll be cold.

It's amazing to me how some of our fans didn't hesitate to predict doom and gloom after the way we shot against VT, but aren't nearly as willing to be excited and encouraged after a good shooting night versus PC. We will certainly need to watch some more games to get more data, but it should be clear that we have a lot of good shooters on our team. As long as we continue getting open shots, we will be fine.

I think us fans have a right to be concerned when

Nov 8, 2019, 3:09 PM

we see the same fundamental issues that have plagued our team virtually the entire tenure of the head coach.

It's all good to get excited about beating up on PC, but when you antagonize the masses you should expect to receive some gruff when we see the broken record again.

Make no mistake. I like Brad and support the program. But some things are recurring issues. Hopefully we'll improve, but as most fans I think we need to see proof in the pudding. That's not slamming or "whining", it's the undeniable reality.

I hope you're as open to discussing the recurring themes and blatant issues as you are to celebrate the huge victory over Presbyterian College. I doubt they'll go away. Here's to hoping for the best.

Link to where I said we should be excited about beating PC?

Nov 8, 2019, 9:36 PM

I'll help you: I never said that we should view beating PC as a huge accomplishment. We all knew that we would beat them.

With that said, I do think beating any division 1 team by 30+ points, shoot over 40% from 3, shoot over 70% from the line, and commit few turnovers is nice win. Seeing our players respond well, especially our freshmen, after a disappointing opener against Virginia Tech was nice. It was also good to see us knock down a lot of shots.

The point of my original post, which should've been clear but maybe wasn't, is that many of our fans here will look for something to complain about when it comes to our basketball program - even on a night when we beat the crap out of a team and shot the lights out.

I'm very happy to discuss our problem areas. It seems that you are new here (joined on 10/3/19), so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt - but I post more during basketball season than any other time. I don't claim that our players and coaches are perfect. Far from it. But we aren't nearly as bad as many people here proclaim.

I've been saying this could be a bad year

Nov 8, 2019, 5:55 PM [ in reply to I think we're a lot better shooting team than we showed ]

since last year. I hope I'm proven wrong. If we can shoot 3's at a 35% clip for the year, it may not be. If we're 31-32% or less, it will be a disaster.

One thing is for sure, we'll be shooting against far better defenses than we've faced these first two games

I do as well

Nov 7, 2019, 11:16 PM [ in reply to I hope the VT game was an anomaly. At this stage ]

Colgate will be a real test. They are a very talented team who will pose some real matchup problems with their size.

VT just looked like the same old, same old. Extended scoring droughts, inability to hit key shots or free throws, these things have been patterns for most of Brad's tenure, not exceptions.

I'll be watching and pulling for a win on Sunday. Nothing would please me more than to be wrong about where I feel this season could lead. A win Sunday would actually be a quality win come tourney time, more so than if we'd beaten VT honestly.

Hunter looked so much better tonight

Nov 8, 2019, 9:10 AM [ in reply to The game against Colgate can show that ]

and not just in his shooting from 3

played with a lot of confidence

he is going to be a very good player for the Tigers

That he didnt get down on himself

Nov 8, 2019, 9:43 AM

after that really bad second half Tuesday says a lot about his character. This is the way it's going to be with an all freshman backcourt, up and down. Tonight, Hunter was up and Dawes struggled a little

Nov 7, 2019, 11:32 PM

This is like South Carolina fans bragging about hanging 72 on Charleaton Southern.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nov 8, 2019, 9:06 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I wasn't bragging, but merely asking what the whining

Nov 8, 2019, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: So what are we complaining about tonight? ]

would be about tonight. It seems that some people here can never find anything positive when it comes to our men's basketball team.

Re: I wasn't bragging, but merely asking what the whining

Nov 8, 2019, 8:05 PM

It’s almost as if folks don’t remember the pitchforks and cross burnings last season...

Celebrating the successes of the team should be a given vs what JK just may be winking at as the norm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2019, 12:00 AM

Presbyterian!

This will just motivate them to now upset us in the NIT

Nov 8, 2019, 9:32 AM

I hope that I don't upset too many of the big Clemson basketball fans, but if we are an opening round favorite in the NIT at the end of the year, I will consider it a successful year. I was disappointed with last year despite that it was a good year comparably for Clemson basketball, because I thought we had more potential. This year I would consider the NIT a good year and be very optimistic for next.

I would as well***

Nov 8, 2019, 9:45 AM

might wanna pump the brakes***

Nov 8, 2019, 12:03 AM

We will not shoot anywhere near 41% on 3s against ACC competition.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:12 AM

Not even against VT, right?

But we will still shoot way too many 3s, and will lose.

Looks like a pickup game at the YMCA. It’s just disguised to look somewhat like a team that has practiced together. Brad has at least trained the guys to throw a couple of passes before someone launches a 3.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^Perfect response to Keller’s nonsensical thread***

Nov 8, 2019, 9:32 AM

Are you willing to stand by your prediction?

Nov 8, 2019, 2:56 PM [ in reply to We will not shoot anywhere near 41% on 3s against ACC competition. ]

Which is based on what, exactly?

LOLOL, maybe the ACC game that's already been played????

Nov 8, 2019, 3:00 PM

24.1%

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Are you on the CFP Selection Committee?

Nov 8, 2019, 9:38 PM

You sure are drawing a lot of dramatic and negative conclusions based on ONE game.

lol, deer lowered you’ll do/say anything for your precious

Nov 8, 2019, 10:20 PM

You asked a stupid question(yes there is such a thing) and I gave you the answer.

Sorry not sorry that you weren’t smart enough to figure it out beforehand....

Also, since you want to compare the programs....Brad hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt unlike Dabo....and after the first game this season, Brad already has more losses than Dabo has since the start of last season....

And Honestly, unless you’re related or a very close friend, your obsession with brownlee is a little alarming...

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: Are you willing to stand by your prediction?

Nov 8, 2019, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Are you willing to stand by your prediction? ]

How about 10 years......C B B track record at Clemson speaks for itself......how many times we been to the Big Dance ......and Brad can thank Coach Purcell for one of those mighty two......Go Tigers!!!!!!

His track record includes

Nov 8, 2019, 9:39 PM

the best conference winning percentage in Clemson history, the highest graduation rate in team history, and at some point this season, he will be the winningest coach in Clemson basketball history.

Wow, he sure does stink.

Re: His track record includes

Nov 8, 2019, 9:47 PM

Consider how good he would be if he could coach in the last 2 minutes of a game.......which is where he really sucks........as well as his won - loss record in those close games.......Go Tigers!!!!!

Nov 8, 2019, 5:55 AM

It wasn't a conference game.

You know, there's a time when one should just sit quietly

Nov 8, 2019, 7:37 AM

Judge Keller® . There's a difference between supportive and stubbornly so.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wisdom ^^^***

Nov 8, 2019, 9:18 AM

Re: You know, there's a time when one should just sit quietly

Nov 8, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to You know, there's a time when one should just sit quietly ]

Right.

Because if there's one thing most fans can't stand, it's a stubborn supporter.

LOL, so please explain what's so stubborn about

Nov 8, 2019, 3:03 PM

supporting the team through the good times and the bad, and actually being excited for a good performance resulting in a win?

In case you haven't noticed, there is a pattern here on TigerNet when it comes to basketball:

Loss = our coaches stink, our players stink, and there is little hope for the future.
Win = well it was an anomaly, we won't be able to replicate our success, and/or it wasn't a good opponent

Why should one loss, to open the season mind you, with two likely starters not available due to injury, with two true freshmen in the backcourt, in a night when we shot well below our average just two months ago in the World University Games, prompt such negativity? It was ONE game.

But if that one game is capable of generating such concern and complaining, then a good performance the next game should prompt some tempering of that negativity, right? Especially if that game showed that we are a much more capable team than we showed in the first game, right? Nope, not on TigerNet. It is just more whining and complaining.

I recommend supporting the team. It's a new team, with a lot of new faces. Why are some of you so insistent on holding previous teams' performances against this team? Why can't you give them a chance and show some patience? They do wear Clemson on their chests, you know. They are good kids who play really hard. We have a staff of good men who coach hard. And despite your own presuppositions, they aren't nearly as awful as some of you suggest.

I'm sorry, I'll be sure to ask you next time before posting.***

Nov 8, 2019, 2:57 PM [ in reply to You know, there's a time when one should just sit quietly ]

Nov 8, 2019, 7:45 AM

Don’t worry there will be plenty to complain about before the end of Feb.
Everyone is about numb when it comes to basketball, so unless we start 5-0 in ACC play the excitement is not there

Nov 8, 2019, 8:10 AM

Only playing 13 players?

Please advise. TIA.

Lol, Judge! It was Presybeterian! It was a good bounce back game, but the jury is still out. No pun intended. Win convincingly against a decent Colgate team and keep winning games till FSU in December and maybe we can talk

Oh, what do you think of the Colgate game Sunday??

Of course the jury is still out.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:06 PM

Which is why the overreaction here after the Virginia Tech game was ridiculous. It showed a lot of immaturity by some people here to declare after that first game that we stink and that our season is going to be bad.

Regardless of the opponent, it was great to see our team bounce back and shoot the ball well. Many people said after the VT game that we aren't a good shooting team. Again, it's silly to say that after one game, and the very next game we proved that we can shoot the ball. The rush to judgment was unnecessary.

Colgate is not going to be an easy opponent. They have some size down low, so we will ideally need to have help from Jemison and Tyson at times. We have better athletes overall, and I expect us to win. But most of our fans here will think Colgate is a pushover so anything less than a 20 point win and they will complain. A loss and this place will be in full meltdown mode.

Nov 8, 2019, 8:11 AM

Only playing 13 players?

Please advise. TIA.

Lol, Judge! It was Presybeterian! It was a good bounce back game, but the jury is still out. No pun intended. Win convincingly against a decent Colgate team and keep winning games till FSU in December and maybe we can talk

Oh, what do you think of the Colgate game Sunday??

LOLOLOL. Are you seriously beating your chest about beating

Nov 8, 2019, 8:58 AM

a team that we're expected to run out of the gym?

Deer lowered.....

No, I'm trying to find out what all of the whiny people here

Nov 8, 2019, 3:07 PM

are going to complain about.

No, you're trying to protect your precious***

Nov 8, 2019, 3:33 PM

No, I'm trying to find out what all of the whiny people here

Nov 8, 2019, 4:36 PM [ in reply to No, I'm trying to find out what all of the whiny people here ]

“JK is a poser!”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Which one of those rednecks is you?***

Nov 8, 2019, 9:41 PM

Haha...

Nov 8, 2019, 9:53 PM

That’s the oldest pick up line in the book. What next, are you going to bump into my car at a stop light so we’ll have to exchange contact information?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

i do have one nit to pick

Nov 8, 2019, 9:09 AM

the firework and the sparkler during player introductions. (but at least last night they only set off the sparkler on top of the basket once instead of 5 times - a bit less smoke)

i can't stand the smell

who thinks it's a good idea to introduce pyrotechnic smoke into a sports arena?

Agreed!***

Nov 8, 2019, 3:08 PM

Nov 8, 2019, 9:13 AM

Yep. That was an impressive win alright.

After last night I'll bet the rest of the ACC coaches are scared to death of what Brad is building down here at Clemson.

Nov 8, 2019, 9:17 AM

How about we complain about your incessant need to defend a mediocre basketball team and a mediocre basketball coach? Whoopdeedo we beat Presbyterian!

We also lost to a Virginia Tech team that lost all of their talent, and their coach, in a game that showed we have the same issues as always. Bad shooting, prone to cold streaks, and terrible in close games.

Perhaps you don't know this

Nov 8, 2019, 9:43 PM

But we lost most of our production from last year as well. We have a lot of new faces also.

Yes, it was a disappointing loss to VT, but you act like we lost to North Greenville or something.

And besides, it was ONE game! You really shouldn't let one game ruin your world so much.

Nov 8, 2019, 9:20 AM

Amazing what you can do against a bad 1-AA program.

This was a glorified scrimmage. The Washington Generals have put up better fights against the Globetrotters.

You're missing the point.***

Nov 8, 2019, 9:43 PM

Nov 8, 2019, 9:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

He should stick to insulting large portions of the fan base.***

Nov 8, 2019, 6:05 PM

JK in the running for most defensive poster on T-Net

Nov 8, 2019, 3:31 PM

And that’s saying something ;)

All in fun dood, really looking forward to watching this team play & develop this year. I think we have some nice pieces

Nothing fun about JK.***

Nov 8, 2019, 6:04 PM

Why are you in such a bad mood tonight?

Nov 8, 2019, 9:48 PM

Are your overalls too tight?

I got nothin' on Francis Marion.

Nov 8, 2019, 9:46 PM [ in reply to JK in the running for most defensive poster on T-Net ]

He defends the orange overalls like his life depended on it.

“I got nothin' on Francis Marion.”

Nov 8, 2019, 9:58 PM

Agreed

Nov 8, 2019, 8:36 PM

I think we should have been at least 43% on 3 pointers.

Nov 9, 2019, 4:06 AM

That there isn’t a basketball board for this poast.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 73
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic