Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So the U of SC President is upset
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

So the U of SC President is upset

Nov 20, 2019, 2:24 AM

FSU has more money and can fire their football coach and he can’t? Only U6Cjr would give a coach a contract they can’t afford??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 2015, the SC job was the first position to open up

Nov 20, 2019, 2:28 AM

and was the last one to be filled. They were desperate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but it was that 2017 contract extension

Nov 20, 2019, 2:39 AM

That Max out their credit cards ??????

If you want to play in the SEC, you have to pay SEC dollars

Nov 20, 2019, 2:58 AM

for sub standard coaches. At least Dabo earned his money the old fashioned way.... With trophies

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you can have the hype; we have the Hardware***

Nov 20, 2019, 7:30 AM

I believe their basic problem is more mental than

Nov 20, 2019, 4:11 AM

financial: they don't know what to do.

We know the definition of insanity; they don't. They are going to have to think outside the box, asking themselves what they must do differently to lift their program out of its depths. I don't believe an approach similar to the one made with the Spurrier or Holtz hire with replacements-in-waiting is the answer...it didn't work before.

The General, used to a military chain-of-command, must reorient his thinking to civilian mode, then acknowledge that a wise man looks to the most successful among us for patterns of behavior. Like it or not, Carolina needs to look no further than to Clemson and what Dabo Swinney has and is accomplishing. No one can tell me that they do not have the resources to conduct the type of search necessary to find a young coach with the same mindset, values and energy that Dabo possesses; then sit down and discuss honestly with that man their past, present and future. Secondly, allow him to evaluate and, if necessary, clear the entire staff and build the program from the ground up...steps that will require intestinal fortitude. One person I believe they should review for a specialty position should be Connor Shaw, one of the toughest QB's at Carolina in recent history. There's their option for QB coach and chief recruiter. I have a gut feeling for their HC, but I'll defer with that opinion other than to say he's young with a similar m.o. to Dabo.

Lastly, Clemson has been darn lucky that it sits up in the northwest corner of our state away from the lunatic asylum known as our Statehouse in Columbia. Unfortunately for them, Carolina sits one block from those meddling know-it-alls, and therein lies the rub. It's a rub that begins with the makeup of their BOT and diffuses throughout their system, and I'm not so sure the General will be able to navigate that unholy mess.

Message was edited by: hartins®

Using this logic

Nov 20, 2019, 4:52 AM

The UNC Charlotte coach would be a good fit to lead the coots

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

LOL.....Hush your mouth, my good Man. My lips are

Nov 20, 2019, 4:53 AM

sealed.

Re: Using this logic

Nov 20, 2019, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Using this logic ]

Why in the heck are you trying to help the coots? Are you really that stupid?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hartins gets it

Nov 20, 2019, 6:16 AM

Their problems go WAY deeper than the head coach. The head coach is like a coat of paint on a jalopy. Tons of work to be done underneath that coat of paint before those cluckers are above water.

The Carolina fan base is reacting normally, as

Nov 20, 2019, 6:50 AM

humans are wont to do, trying to escape reality by nitpicking other programs to death. It's called excuse-making.

Until they face the harsh realities of in depth self-evaluation, their problems will persist.

It's called...

Nov 20, 2019, 8:55 AM

trying to burn down the house of other programs in a weak, desperate, sad, and pathetic attempt to make theirs look better.

It's a typical DirtPecker mentality and it's just what they do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: So the U of SC President is upset

Nov 20, 2019, 6:59 AM

Notre Dame has hired a few gems and overpaid them with huge buyouts, remember Charlie Weis?

They The Poorz of CFB and Muschamp is a Payday Lender

Nov 20, 2019, 7:52 AM

The rent is due in 10 days and they blew all their cash on meth and tranny hookers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's upset that he got caught lying.***

Nov 20, 2019, 8:15 AM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic