»
Topic: So our schedule got tougher while Big10 and Pac12 got
Replies: 3   Last Post: Sep 25, 2020 9:53 AM by: grrowl
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

So our schedule got tougher while Big10 and Pac12 got

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 10:44 PM

much easier. Only 7 or 8 games for thosetwo leagues and then of course the SEC does their thing with the Georgia and Bama schedule.

Ya know at one point I was thinking it wasn't fair for teams

[2]
Posted: Sep 24, 2020 11:20 PM

playing less than those of us, like the ACC, who stuck their neck out and showed how this can work. But now, as long as you get 9 or 10 or so, then let's go. I think our Tigers are good enough to beat anyone.. even if those other teams have have an advantage of less fatigue with 9+ games.

However, no more BS. Suit up and play. If you have players or coaches get sick, then quarantine and it's next man up. If it's sooo bad that you can't suit up enough people to play, then fine, but you can't waltz into playoff timing with 5 or 8 games behind you and expect to be considered. It's up to the schools to play at least 9 or 10, and if that means playing without key starters then so be it. But anything less than 9 is BS. You can't have some teams playing 11 games before playoffs and some 8. Play 9-10 or more, or get left out.

But enough talk. Let's go!

Wow, you're a whole lot more optimistic

[1]
Posted: Sep 25, 2020 9:51 AM

than I was at the beginning of the season. I was thinking we'd get maybe 8 games in...and hoping for more than 8. I'm not sure the minimum should be "9-10". Clemson (& sec) play 8 conference games per year, so I think for a team to qualify for the CFP, they must play a minimum of 8 conference games. IF B10, B12 & PAC 12 can play 8 conference games before Dec 20, they satisfy MY qualifications. Just my 2 cents worth.

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Tiger Nation!

2020 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

Re: So our schedule got tougher while Big10 and Pac12 got

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 9:53 AM

I wish the ACC had left the 11th game off the schedule.They would have another open week to reschedule games. Also with the B1G and SEC not playing they missed a great opportunity by not scheduling better conference games first few weeks.

Replies: 3  
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1006 people have read this post