Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So last night's NFL game got me to thinking...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,351

So last night's NFL game got me to thinking...

Nov 8, 2019, 9:31 AM

On multiple occasions last night there were 3 former Clemson Tigers on the field at the same time (Williams, Ferrell, Mullen). At first I began to wonder if that was the most former Tigers on the field during a regular season NFL game. But then I remember that likely there were 4 players (Watson, Hopkins, Ferrell, Mullen) on the field multiple times a few weeks ago during the Texans/Raiders game.

Can anyone think of a time when there were likely more former Tigers in on a regular season NFL play?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So last night's NFL game got me to thinking...

Nov 8, 2019, 9:41 AM

It's difficult to keep up with all the talent that
Clemson has put in the nfl.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So last night's NFL game got me to thinking...

Nov 8, 2019, 9:57 AM

It is possible that in 2014 when the Chargers and Bills played that we had as many as 5. The Bills had CJ Spiller, Sammy Watkins, and Chris Hairston on offense while the Chargers had Kavell Conner and Marcus Gilchrist on defense. Hairston only played 2 snaps but the others all played significant snaps. Not sure how many of them would have been on the field for Hairston's two snaps. Would guess that the other four were on the field together quite a bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!!

Posssible, but unlikely.

Nov 8, 2019, 10:13 AM

So Hairston was only in for 2 snaps, but Spiller was in for 25 and Sammy for 70. Potentially a good chance that one of those 2 snaps was potentially when both Spiller and Sammy were in.

However Conner only played a single snap, so it'd be quite unlikely that his single snap for the Chargers was one of the 2 snaps when Hairston was in for the Bills.

A number of them played more Special teams snaps which would make it seem possible, except that Sammy didn't.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201409210buf.htm#all_player_offense

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Posssible, but unlikely.

Nov 8, 2019, 10:21 AM

Good catch on Conner. Just saw the total number of snaps (21) and 3 tackles and didn't even think about special teams. Still a decent chance that they matched the 4 players on the field at one time with a very small chance of 5.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!!

DJ Reader

Nov 8, 2019, 11:18 AM

Makes it 5.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wouldn't have been on the field at the same time***

Nov 8, 2019, 11:26 AM

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,351
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic