Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So how long does Dabo get the free pass on losing to Usuck?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,418

So how long does Dabo get the free pass on losing to Usuck?

Nov 25, 2012, 1:21 PM

5 losses? 6 losses? 7? Does he get a free pass cause we are beating wake and duke and not laying an egg against BC?
His wins are all skewed and we all know it. So how long does it take for Dabo to get put on the hotseat? Its a very telling sign when you have a young coach who is new and he is winning 10 games a year but not one team in all of football come inquiring at his door and or is not ever mentioned in discussions about top teams and their vacancies. We all know the reason for that. Its also a big hanging red flag when your hated rival all want your head coach to stay right where he is. So how long does Dabo get?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Until he has a losing season***

Nov 25, 2012, 1:23 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that is the criteria then we are done

Nov 25, 2012, 1:27 PM

Clemson football will be no more because even a high school team could come in and have a winning record in this sorry conference. The ACC has been completely destroyed.

Re:BS, the ACC did not put us in this predicament: our not

Nov 25, 2012, 1:35 PM

demanding more out of these over paid coaches is the problem. We take more pride in what we pay them than winning. If you are going to make the big money then you had better produce and that does not include losing four
straight to SC. Coaches should be penalized, severely, for losing these games.
This applies to all of our coaches in all sports.

When will that ever happen?

Nov 25, 2012, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Until he has a losing season*** ]

With the "challenge" that the ACC offers, it could be a long time. I could easily see 8 to 10 wins per season for many, many years to come. Not included in that total, however, are any quality wins against top tier teams.

Re: If he does not win this year, his butt should be shown

Nov 25, 2012, 1:25 PM

the door and I don't care if he wins all of the the others. This chit has got to
cease.

Re: If he does not win this year, his butt should be shown

Nov 25, 2012, 1:31 PM

Now is the time! While Dabo has improved a lot of things and is a very likeable guy, you can't lose to that bunch from Columbia four years in a row! Until we get more physical on the o-line, we will never beat them. Hard to play your game when you QB is running for his life!

Re:I have said all along that the OL was very weak and it is

Nov 25, 2012, 1:37 PM

not going to get any better.

Re: So how long does Dabo get the free pass on losing to Usuck?

Nov 25, 2012, 1:27 PM

He has a new boss now. Rad doesn't have any investment in Dabo. This is a very different dynamic versus TDP.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2012, 1:36 PM

Could be why TDP felt it was time to get out.

Yep, with a new AD coming on board the heat might get turned

Nov 25, 2012, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: So how long does Dabo get the free pass on losing to Usuck? ]

up a bit on Dabo next season.

Nov 25, 2012, 1:29 PM

If he is winning 9+ games a year and keeping us in the ACC title hunt, he stays. That man is doing great things and keeping us a top 20 team despite losing a ton of blue chip recruits to SEC schools. There isn't a coach in the country willing to come to Clemson that I would trade Dabo for. That being said, I hate losing to SC. But we have an uphill battle playing mid to upper level SEC school with ACC talent. I love Clemson with all my heart, but as long as were in the ACC we will not get the top recruits, and SC will.

ReThat is what has got us in this predicament. It is not

Nov 25, 2012, 1:38 PM

the ACC

Nov 25, 2012, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: So how long does Dabo get the free pass on losing to Usuck? ]

well, we know one thing for sure and that is its more than 4 unless they fire him before next year and we also know its not about a losing year because 3 years ago we were 6-7 and lost to sf in a bowl game. it wont be about being more embarrased because we let wv score 70 and set a bcs bowl record. we know it not about money because we pay our football staff more than anybody else. he has fired more staff and coordinators than we have fingers and toes and has only to blame himself going forward. it is not about facilities because we have them(west end zone, new indoor practice area and ect.) we have 5 star recruits. you tell me when he should go!! i cant find any excuses for him.

9-10 wins seasons always keep a coach is place.

Nov 25, 2012, 1:32 PM

The first bad season without a rivalry win and he'd be gone. Funny how some fans would rather be 6-6 and win that game .

The previous coach before him was fired for not winning the conference while beating the crap out of the rival. Now that Dabo beats almost all of the conference routinely , everyone whines about how weak it is. It was weak in the 80's when we ruled it. It was weak for the 20 years Clemson was mediocre .H3ll the 1981 Championship team only played 2 ranked teams during the season.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_Clemson_Tigers_football_team

The team is making progress, maybe not fast enough for us RABID fans, the conference will not hold them back. H3ll for every nut that claims stiffer competition gets them ready, you'll find another saying the ACC leaves them healthy for OOC games.

Until the (large donor) fans revolt against the program.

Nov 25, 2012, 1:39 PM

The administration knows the fans will huff and puff but ultimately accept things.

Re: I think fans have had enough. That stadium was not

Nov 25, 2012, 1:49 PM

full, last night , and has not been all year. We may be winning a lot of games but we are no where near what is expected. I hope this new AD takes a different approach that the last one. ACCOUNTABILITY and that includes our
rival.

All I can say is that I'm

Nov 25, 2012, 1:54 PM

all in. Most teams in the country - even those in weak conferences - would love to be 10-2, with a loss to their rival. To fire Dabo after a 10-2 regular season is lunacy. Wait until he starts losing, if he ever does.

New AD or not, Jim Barker is still president.***

Nov 25, 2012, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I think fans have had enough. That stadium was not ]

Nov 25, 2012, 1:53 PM

The bigger issue is the 1-9 record versus Top 20 ranked teams under Dabo. The sole victory was in 2008 versus a #19 ranked Miami team who finished the team out of the Top 25.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,418
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic