Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So how does this ticket thing work?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

So how does this ticket thing work?

Jan 4, 2017, 6:24 PM

How is Clemson distributing its allotment of tickets for the NC game? Somebody earlier mentioned something about 35,000 tix between Clemson and Bama that haven't "hit the market" yet. I'm not sure I understand. Are these tix reserved for IPTAY members or anyone else? How does this whole thing work? TIA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

take a bunch of chickens to the box office

Jan 4, 2017, 6:25 PM

trade for a piece of paper to get in stadium

easy

null

your chicken must have proper barcode on its ###***

Jan 4, 2017, 6:27 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So how does this ticket thing work?

Jan 4, 2017, 6:33 PM

Topher I'd like to know an answer too. Trade chikens and paper ( ha ha).

I also heard something about a lottery type situation with 1000 or so students tickets that were not going to be used??? The way they said it worked last year was u put up 500 and ur either picked or not and if not, u get ur money back. Tia

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2017, 7:32 PM

It's a real thing. Taco Bell does a lottery. 500 tickets for Bama and 500 for Clemson. I wont it last year.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

on a serious note the tix will be released tomorrow, we know

Jan 4, 2017, 6:34 PM

our seats but they will not print out or for those at will call they wont give to you till tomorrow. Then u may see some relief in price but who knows

Re: on a serious note the tix will be released tomorrow, we know

Jan 4, 2017, 6:37 PM

Are any of these 35,000 tix still available? If so, who do I call to buy some?

Re: on a serious note the tix will be released tomorrow, we know

Jan 4, 2017, 6:57 PM

Not sure if serious. But log onto stubhub.Com and buy some tix.

Jan 4, 2017, 7:01 PM

Top we're hoping to if those 35000 will make for a more affordable ticket. Is that what ur trying to do?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2017, 7:07 PM

I'm just trying to figure out who those 35,000 tix are being released TO. In other words, are they being given to the CU Ticket Office to sell to the public? Someone else? Who do I call to buy tickets?

I do credentialed work for Tiger Band. I'm at every game but I haven't bought a football ticket in over 10 years. I have no idea how ticket distribution works. I'm trying to help a friend of mine go to the game.

Jan 4, 2017, 7:10 PM

The 35,000 are each schools allotment (17,500x2) that were sold to IPTAY and TidePride. A small amount of those tickets that will get distributed tomorrow to those that have requested and paid will make their way to the secondary market. This could, possibly, drive down the price some on sites like StubHub.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2017, 7:15 PM

> The 35,000 are each schools allotment (17,500x2) that
> were sold to IPTAY and TidePride. A small amount of
> those tickets that will get distributed tomorrow to
> those that have requested and paid will make their
> way to the secondary market. This could, possibly,
> drive down the price some on sites like StubHub.

What I think the OP was asking is, what about the other 35,000 tickets. Not the ones sold to IPTAY and TidePride members. Where are those getting released to? Stubhub? RayJayTix.com?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2017, 7:19 PM

Those are already bought and paid for through other sources like corporate sponsors, TeamTix and who knows what else. Those too are potentially filtering to the secondary market within the next 36 hours, if they haven't already.

What I think you're really trying to find out is if tickets are on sale to the public direct, and the answer to that is no. At this point, it's all secondary market.

Jan 4, 2017, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: So how does this ticket thing work? ]

The other tickets not released to Clemson and Bama are already out there for the most part. I don't know where all they are released, but some are likely to go to Teamtix, Primesport, Sponsors, Corporations, NCAA, CFP Drawing winners, who knows... but most of them have likely already been assigned.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2017, 7:16 PM

From Clemson: "...participating teams receive a total of 20,000 tickets for the entire institution. After accounting for band seating, student allotment, student-athlete families, coaches and staff, we’re anticipating approximately 17,500 available for purchase."

These 17,500 tickets are to be distributed (tomorrow via email) to IPTAY members who requested tickets before the Dec. 19th deadline. Stubhub will not allow people to post tickets for sale until they have the barcode or the pdf to upload, so none of those tickets are on the market yet.

That is why there are very few tickets for sale on stubhub in the red and blue sections of this map.
The ones that you do see are either people who figured out a way around the system, or people who received their tickets from teamtix.

Assuming Bama's distrubution is similar, that means that at least 35,000 tickets have yet to be distributed.

Now that may or may not lead to ticket prices dropping, but I venture to say it will

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2017, 7:27 PM

"Assuming Bama's distrubution is similar, that means that at least 35,000 tickets have yet to be distributed."

So where/to whom will THESE tickets be distributed? And when?

they are distributed to the people who ordered them

Jan 4, 2017, 7:34 PM

either earlier this year, or in the case of IPTAY/TidePride, by December 19th.

True, these tickets have not been distributed (meaning they are not in people's hands yet), but they are SOLD and CLAIMED. Only a scant of those will be put on the "free market" for secondary purchase on StubHub, Ticketmaster, etc. Nobody I know that ordered tickets ordered any "extras"; they were way too expensive face value to throw extra money at. Only ones that may work loose are people with sickness or family emergencies.

As David Pollock would say: "They gone!"

Re: they are distributed to the people who ordered them

Jan 4, 2017, 7:42 PM

I guess I'm not asking this right or something. Okay.....

The stadium seats 75,000ish.

According to CU13's reply (http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20799431),
20,000 go to Clemson (which have been claimed by CU Athletics/families/band/staff/etc and IPTAY members).
20,000 more go to Alabama (which have been likewise claimed).

That's 40,000 tickets. Which means 35,000 tickets remain. Who gets these last 35,000 tickets?

Jan 4, 2017, 8:02 PM

See my above post about the tickets not going to the schools.

"The other tickets not released to Clemson and Bama are already out there for the most part. I don't know where all they are released, but some are likely to go to Teamtix, Primesport, Sponsors, Corporations, NCAA, CFP Drawing winners, who knows... but most of them have likely already been assigned."

There are no more tickets that are being sold at face value through official sources. The secondary market is your only hope. There will however be more tickets added to the secondary market when IPTAY members and TIDE members get their 35,000 tickets. No matter how much you plan, things come up, people back out, $hit happens. It may or may not drop the prices on Stubhub, but I venture to say it likely will at least 20-30%. That is just my guess based on past experiences

Jan 4, 2017, 8:15 PM

Thanks for the explanations. I understand now. Seriously, thank you. Go Tigers.

I would assume it is similar to the Super Bowl

Jan 4, 2017, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: they are distributed to the people who ordered them ]

I could not find statistcs on the CFP, but here is how the NFL does it:

The two Super Bowl teams — the Broncos and the Carolina Panthers — each receive 17.5 percent of tickets.Capacity for a regular-season game at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., is about 68,500, but capacity for the Super Bowl “hasn’t been finalized yet,” said NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy.

Doing simple math shows the Broncos got about 11,600 tickets, although the team and the league would confirm only that the number is in the ballpark. The Broncos have 23,000 season-ticket accounts, totaling 71,000 seats.

Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth said the “limited number” of tickets from the league was divided among season-ticket holders and several other “internal and external” groups. Season-ticket holders were chosen through a computer-generated lottery weighted by tenure.

The Panthers said their total allotment of Super Bowl tickets is less than 10,000, The Charlotte Observer reported Friday. A team spokesman said 7,500 to 8,000 of those tickets go to personal seat license owners. The others go to players’ and coaches’ families and friends and others affiliated with the team.

The NFL retains 25 percent of Super Bowl tickets to sell to media members, sponsors and others. The San Francisco 49ers, as hosts of this year’s game, get 5 percent of the tickets, and the remaining NFL teams each get 1.2 percent.

Before the Broncos last went to the Super Bowl, the NFL was the target of a class-action lawsuit alleging the league violated New Jersey’s anti-ticket-scalping law. The league sells just 1 percent of Super Bowl tickets directly to the public through its lottery system.

--------------------------------------

So after the two teams get their cuts (say 25% each, total; 50%), corporate sponsors probably get 25% (another 17,500), a chunk (10% = 5-6000?) are surely given to conferences (coaches, ADs, etc) . The remaining 10-15% (6-10,000) are probably sold locally or to the public with the TeamTix, etc.

and here's an article about Final Four Tickets

Jan 4, 2017, 8:10 PM

they are about 50% corporate, 50% fan.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/tourney05/2005-03-31-final-four-tickets_x.htm

Re: I would assume it is similar to the Super Bowl

Jan 4, 2017, 8:13 PM [ in reply to I would assume it is similar to the Super Bowl ]

When the season starts next year, if you want to guarantee yourself tickets. go to team tix during the first week and buy the rights to clemson to get to the national championship. This "right" to buy tickets fluctuates based on demand as the season progresses and if you have rights for a certain team you get your tickets for that team playing in the national championship. IF your team does not make it to the national championship you lose your money you paid for the "rights" This is where a large portion of tickets are sold prior to tickets being released to schools. This is where the other 35k tickets have already been purchased.

Jan 4, 2017, 9:03 PM

Yeah thank you all so very much for the detailed information on the tickets. Thank you cu13 and all. We can swing it if it gets down to around 20-30 % drop.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic