Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So for my first post!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

So for my first post!

May 23, 2017, 10:56 PM

I see a lot of people going back to the "candy" comment. Granted, that has blown up in our faces, but beyond that, I haven't seen anything tonight that I think is Monte's fault... as far as in-game situational coaching. Bottom line, this team just doesn't have it.

With that said, I'm not a Monte defender and the future of this program worries me, but this team just doesn't know how to win anymore.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So for my first post!

May 23, 2017, 10:58 PM

Monte got some growing to do just like the team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you're right about Monte, but...

May 23, 2017, 11:04 PM

this team is old as heck haha. At this point even out Fr. SS has played 57 games! As far as our program, I get worried that last years team went 38-18 regular season, 42-18 after the ACC Tournament. This year we start 30-6 and sit at 39-17 right now, with what looks like a loss here and possibly one to a red hot UVA team. We could be 39-19 come Friday afternoon and travel for a Regional after having a shot at a Nat'l Seed three LONG weeks ago.

That's not progress for a team that had almost everything coming back. Now we'll lose Pinder, Rohlman, Williams, Cox, Jackson (good of late), and 3 of 4 starting pitchers. I'm not sure how so may people are over the top optimistic that Monte is going to do great things.

Re: I hope you're right about Monte, but...

May 23, 2017, 11:20 PM

What are you talking about?

All of the guys you pointed out with the exception of Williams and Jackson are all Jacks kids..Monte has had only full recruiting class of his own...

Kids leave and move on to greener pasteurs...just gotta recruit and bring new guys in that the pros don't suck up first. It'll be ok man...Monte is the dude for yob

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Going into today:

May 23, 2017, 11:28 PM

Pinder - .319, 6 HRs, amazing on defense
Rohlman - .380, 6 HRs
Williams - .272, 14 HRs
Cox - .292, 5 HRs, amazing on defense

Charlie Barnes - 2.81 ERA
Pat Krall - 2.99 ERA
Alex Eubanks - 4.01 ERA.

Tyler Jackson (3.95 ERA) and Weston Jackson (.257, 2 HRs) are Monte's guys.

I don't see anything wrong with the players Monte inherited based on those numbers.

Re: Going into today:

May 24, 2017, 6:32 AM

Me either....

I was simply trying to calm you down about jumping the gun on Monte.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

May 24, 2017, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I hope you're right about Monte, but... ]

really not even the beer and logan class are montes. most of those guys were jacks guys. the upcoming class will really be his 1st. lecroy still does most of the recruiting. monte closes the deal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2017, 9:11 AM [ in reply to I hope you're right about Monte, but... ]

If you insist on being a troll - at least be an entertaining troll

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

May 24, 2017, 9:15 AM

You come to his thread and post something that is completely irrelevant to the topic. You are the one trolling him...Sunshine pumpers attack people the most on here and TD all their stuff and boohoo to crump and bmeist. They're the freakin trolls

Welcome to TigerNet, new poster!

May 24, 2017, 11:18 AM

but you sure seem to know a lot about this site for someone who joined 3 days ago.

You wouldn't happen to be a recently banned member who rejoined illicitly, would you?
I'd really hate to see that.

Re: Welcome to TigerNet, new poster!

May 24, 2017, 11:25 AM

No I stated when I first started posting on here that I've been reading this board for years and I'm very familiar with who the pumpers and trolls are. I've just been sitting back and watching it happen. Pumpers try to discredit everybody for no reason at all. It's so childish. People aren't allowed to have opinions on here

OK then, well we look forward to your contributions

May 24, 2017, 11:36 AM

but I must say it's very odd that you picked this week to finally join. I mean, years of struggles with football, basketball, baseball, Leggett, Brownell, and myriad other "incidents" over the years, yet the events of THIS WEEK was what finally inspired you to join and bless us with your unique insights.

I apologize for my quizzical nature, but I just found that quite peculiar.

List of said "pumpers" and "trolls"

May 24, 2017, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to TigerNet, new poster! ]

I'd like to know who I'm dealing with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I will admit it but I had my doubts about Lee when he

May 23, 2017, 11:10 PM

was hired.

I actually had the privilege of working with Monte when I...

May 23, 2017, 11:15 PM

was in HS. Great guy. I just wasn't sure about him either at this level.

lol***

May 24, 2017, 12:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

"The future of this program worries me"

May 24, 2017, 8:43 AM

Get a grip, man.

Maybe you should go back to not posting. Just a thought...

Re: "The future of this program worries me"

May 24, 2017, 8:48 AM

Who are you? Judge jury and executioner? If he's worried then let him be worried. Maybe you should not be posting.

Lighten up, Francis

May 24, 2017, 8:56 AM

Dude sounds like he is about to jump off a ledge after losing a couple baseball games.

We won the ACC last year and are having a very good season this year despite coming up short against some REALLY good teams down the stretch.

R-E-L-A-X

Re: Lighten up, Francis

May 24, 2017, 9:11 AM

Nobody is freaking out. Saying that you're worried about the future of the program isn't necessarily going overboard. Winning the ACC last year was fun. Losing in a home regional to a better team wasn't, but Okst was better. This year however to this point we have not improved from last year. Not with our record and not with they "eye test." I'd say it is logical to be worried. If we can't improve from year to year with veterans then that isn't a good sign. But for you to tell the man to quit posting? Come on

Dood

May 24, 2017, 10:24 AM

You might want to check your sarcasm meter. I wasn't serious about the "go back to not posting" comment, and I'm not trying to start anything with the guy or anybody else.

I was implying that if somebody is going to come make their first post fretting over losing a baseball game, then they might save themselves some stress and worry by just not posting at all. It was intended as a joke.

I love when people don't pick up on the dry humor that is commonly used around here, and then get all defensive and come to the rescue when it wasn't even necessary in the first place.

So, like I said, relax. Anybody "worrying about the future of the baseball program" also needs to take a chill pill. The way this season has concluded has been disappointing to say the least. But this is Monte's SECOND season. If this were year 4 or 5, some concern would be understandable. But anybody who's at that point right now either has unrealistic expectations or doesn't understand baseball. Just my take

Re: Dood

May 24, 2017, 10:42 AM

Just not used to the dry humor around here. Usually when people tell others to quit posting it starts to get ugly. So my bad on that.

You good, brother

May 24, 2017, 1:49 PM

We are all on the same team here. I know I can be edgy sometimes but I never mean it maliciously

;)

Re: You good, brother

May 24, 2017, 1:51 PM

I'm impulsive as h3ll so I'm quick to jump the gun ha

So when we dont host, is it still a good year?

May 24, 2017, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Lighten up, Francis ]

This team had all the pieces back EXCEPT Okie, and has had a worse season, not to mention the worst late season slide I've seen by a baseball team on the brink of Nat'l Seed.

Yeah, and that sucks.

May 24, 2017, 10:28 AM

We have missed Okies bat, and Beer hasn't been on the same level as last year as well. But it's hard to say that we are having a "worse" year than last year. Let's see how everything plays out before reaching that conclusion.....and you may very well end up being right when it's all said and done. But let's wait until the season is OVER before getting to that point

I would say

May 24, 2017, 9:05 AM

post no further and stay safe.

Careful!

May 24, 2017, 10:31 AM

The TigerBoard(s) police are going to come get you for saying things like that!

;)

May 24, 2017, 11:09 AM

Good lord we have some moron fans.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Take it to the basketball bored

May 24, 2017, 11:26 AM

That's where we poast crap about coaches we don't like. hth.

May 24, 2017, 11:26 AM

The future of this program worries you? Worst case scenario we are a 2 seed in the tournament and we were a national seed last year. We aren't too far removed from being a 3-4 seed and missing the tournament under Jack. The change was needed.

This team has holes, it's had holes all year long, but most baseball fans just jump on the ship in mid April and act like they know what's going on.

The start this team had and the fact that we were pulling miracle games out of our butts should tell you that a slow finish to the season isn't that surprising. The talent is there, and there's talent coming in. But anyone expecting Omaha or bust this year didn't watch the games that closely.

Anyone expecting Omaha was nuts, agreed. But with everyone

May 24, 2017, 7:45 PM

of importance back other than Okie, I was hoping for a host, like last year, and at least reaching a Super. Hey, it could still happen. We could turn this around Friday against UVA. But for right now, it does look like we have a very veteran team that won't even reach the level of last year's squad.

I would say...

May 24, 2017, 11:30 AM

Let's all calm down. We are still in transition from Leggett to Lee. We got a little spoiled from winning the ACC last year and the success we had early to mid-season this year. No need to panic yet.

oh grasshopper... bless your freshman heart***

May 24, 2017, 11:35 AM

You do understand that your first post doesn't normally come after a couple other posts?

May 24, 2017, 11:39 AM

We can see your post history, just in case you didn't know.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic