Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Venables declines to talk about his cornerbacks.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

So Venables declines to talk about his cornerbacks.....

Apr 14, 2013, 5:00 PM

But Dabo chimes in with "we've won with all of them before"..... but adds "we need to get them better." Venables finds his starting safeties but Dabo is concerned they have zero experience at the position. The tiger secondary stats for the day....7 tds relinquished. With Aaron Murray as your secondary's first assignment are we still going with a) Murray can't beat ranked teams....or b) Alexander and Baker are going to save us.

I know, I know, it was just a spring game but without a doubt clemson has serious issues in the defensive backfield. Now throw in Georgia's ability to rush the football and you have a recipe for a very long day for the tiger defense secondary.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you realize how scared you appear??

Apr 14, 2013, 5:02 PM

Coming on our board and looking for SOMETHING from our spring game to hang your hat on?

Pathetic. Really, I kinda' feel sorry for your whole family.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re:^^^this^^^^^

Apr 14, 2013, 5:05 PM

well said

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you realize how scared you appear??

Apr 14, 2013, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Do you realize how scared you appear?? ]

didn't have to LOOK. it was pretty obvious going in and now coming out of spring that your secondary is your weakest link.

Yes, b/c spring games make everything obvious........fail

Apr 14, 2013, 5:20 PM

You are aware that the talent is split up between the teams right?

Truth of the matter is our secondary has been the weak link

Apr 14, 2013, 6:45 PM

It is no secret......We are counting on some of the incoming freshmen to play....The players we have will suffice, they are not all world, but they are good enough. I think the new secondary coach will improve them. We are thin on depth, thus the reason for counting on freshmen. Our D line and linebackers will put a lot of pressure on QB, so that should relieve some stress on the secondary. All in all our D should be vastly improved from last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Apr 14, 2013, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you realize how scared you appear?? ]

UGA 71st in Passing yards, we are scared.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2013, 8:09 PM

UGA 8th in passing defense

How many players are you replacing from that defense?***

Apr 14, 2013, 8:51 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: How many players are you replacing from that defense?***

Apr 14, 2013, 9:33 PM

9 actually. But don't confront a dawg with facts, they will avoid that, it's a moot point.

Apr 14, 2013, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you realize how scared you appear?? ]

First of all way to take the approach most chickens do by coming back with a unrelated fact. Second how many starters do you have returning from that 8th ranked pass defense? Third FSU was the number 1 pass defense and we still almost put up 300 yards on them and that was in Tallahassee.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Apr 14, 2013, 9:09 PM

Nebraska was number 1 pass defense and we put up 427 yards :)

Apr 14, 2013, 9:34 PM

Murray looked pretty good against South Carolina and Florida too though.... oh wait, nevermind.

Apr 14, 2013, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you realize how scared you appear?? ]

OK - You may win.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

False

Apr 14, 2013, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you realize how scared you appear?? ]

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/1041

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: False

Apr 14, 2013, 9:59 PM

That was updated after we beat them
Im talking about when we played them

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/ncaaf/stats/team-passing-defense

lol yeah Wisconsin had huge problems with Neb***

Apr 15, 2013, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you realize how scared you appear?? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8th in Passing Defense...

Apr 15, 2013, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you realize how scared you appear?? ]

Against that Daunting passing attack the SEC brings.. Which team did you stop that was actually very good at passing the ball??.. you didn't stop South Carolina at anything sadly. Kentucky? Auburn? Did you shut down the stud Driskell of Florida? Ole Miss aren't they prolific at passing? No i know I know.. it was the pass heavy offense that Georgia Tech brings? I bet you help them under 250 yards didn't you? I bet you put the clamps on the JuggerNaut Georgia Southern. You did good at holding Buffalo to only 23 points... The only team that had a decent passing game on your whole schedule last year was Tennessee and they posted 44 points. SO the UGA secondary was SOOOO battle tested last year...

Apr 14, 2013, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you realize how scared you appear?? ]

Grantham is not that good and you leghumpers had to replace Dumbo or Rambo or whatever his name is. Plus, you'll probably have suspended players or ones that got kicked off the team. No worries here

Apr 14, 2013, 9:17 PM

As a UGA fan I think grantham is not that good either
And the drug test was 3 weeks ago
And it is Bacarri Rambo

Apr 14, 2013, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you realize how scared you appear?? ]

And you can tell that by the spring game? Because your offensive line looked like straight up dog crap in your spring game, are you worried about that?

Apr 15, 2013, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you realize how scared you appear?? ]

Also it is not like we played the same packages we play in actual games. Big Bad LSU thought they would throw it all over us as well. How did that work out for them? Suck U had a weak secondary,but how did that work out for you guys and us?

Apr 15, 2013, 9:21 PM

do all tiger fans think LSU was some super power last year?

Maybe some do..........but they make up for it

Apr 15, 2013, 9:26 PM

by believing that UGay fans who stay on other's websites are pretty much stupid aholes........but you know how some fans are.........

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2013, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you realize how scared you appear?? ]

If they beat Alabama they would have been playing in the national title. They must have been doing something right. They lost to Clemson and they are automatically considered on the same level as Auburn and Ole Miss. Give me a break.

seems like he was just making conversation to me

Apr 14, 2013, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Do you realize how scared you appear?? ]

Good lowered, some of you are touchy with opposing fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. He was trying to be a haughty trash talker.

Apr 14, 2013, 6:02 PM

And he IS worried; parsing the words of our coaches to find a weakness.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

most what he's posted hasn't been trash talk

Apr 15, 2013, 3:15 AM

although anything he says suggesting UGa is any good or that Clemson has any weaknesses gets turned into a flame fest by the morons on here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone, no matter which team they pull for,...

Apr 14, 2013, 5:03 PM

Who tries to come up with some point to make from the spring game is barking (pun intended) up the wrong tree.

We'll see what happens, but I'd argue that if fans of either team feel confident about their defense going into this game they're kidding themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go with that if it helps you sleep.***

Apr 14, 2013, 5:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I guess you're right...Dabo should forfeit

Apr 14, 2013, 5:08 PM

0_0

Let's see how he does when the qb can be hit

Apr 14, 2013, 5:10 PM

You will not win this game! Seconday does a lot better when qb is laying horizontal.

Dogs lose!

I'm sticking with your defense can't stop us.***

Apr 14, 2013, 5:15 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Venables declines to talk about his cornerbacks.....

Apr 14, 2013, 5:25 PM

Murray was embarrassed by SCAR last year. You think he can handle us??? Puh-leez

Apr 15, 2013, 12:36 AM

> Murray was embarrassed by SCAR last year. You think
> he can handle us??? Puh-leez

This is some funny logic. Our defense was much better than yours last year. How could us being able to handle Murray last year have any bearing on CU handling Murray this year?

I wish you could both lose, but I'll take CU 28 UGA 24.

Apr 15, 2013, 9:15 AM

Based on how we did against LSU I would say our defenses aren't that far apart.

Apr 15, 2013, 9:31 AM

Dude it was Lsu they werent even that good in 2012

They almost lost to auburn and ole miss
I expected you guys to win

Yeah that is why A&M and SC got beat by them and Bama got l

Apr 15, 2013, 10:21 PM

Lucky

Apr 15, 2013, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: So Venables declines to talk about his cornerbacks..... ]

Not that good... I heard LSU was trying to move to the Conference USA because they can't keep up with the big bad ##### and Dawgs who have won so many SEC Titles and National titles recently...

Brother you are replacing 80% of your entire defense

Apr 14, 2013, 5:31 PM

And I know there is talent, but you are coming to this house and playing a team that can flat out score. Our front two levels of defense will be the best we have had in years. The secondary will return 2 players that were starting and out for the last few games of last season.

It should make for an interesting evening. Cause everyone knows you wont stop Sammy only hope to contain. Better question is how about Bryant, Peake, DHop, and the rest? Especially with a battle tested O Line against newcomers.

I think it will be a very close game but I like Clemson's chances

Apr 14, 2013, 5:33 PM

First of all it is coach speak, you of all people should know about that with Richt as tour coach. Second, we do our spring game in a split roster fashion, for you an your dog friends I will put that in simpleton terms, we split our starters into 2 teams we don't play our 1's vs 1's or 2's vs 2's. See we give all our players the opportunity to win a job it isn't giving to them just because of their name or star value....

Apr 14, 2013, 5:34 PM

meant *****your**** not tour

THAT JUCO BUM

Apr 14, 2013, 5:38 PM

Burnt your D in yalls spring game what do you think Watkins Bryant and Peak just to name a few will do huh? WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER WHATCHA DO WHEN TAJH BOYD GOES WILD ON YOU!

YOU do realize....

Apr 14, 2013, 5:39 PM

that your second team defense beat your first team offense in your spring game, right? That means that your first string D could not stop your 2nd string O. And that was with your STARTING QB.

So, what is your point??

CB is a bit of a concern...

Apr 14, 2013, 5:40 PM

but I think we also believe we've got some really talented guys back there. It also isn't quite true that our safeties have no experience, as Blanks played a good bit last year (even if he played different positions).

Apr 14, 2013, 6:11 PM

lol! all these replies and not a single arguement about your secondary. Just a bunch of deflections. Would someone address my accusations?

Apr 14, 2013, 6:19 PM

There's no discussion. You answered it in your initial post. It's just a spring game.

Apr 14, 2013, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: So Venables declines to talk about his cornerbacks..... ]

Everyone already did.

Namely, the conclusion is that the spring game means absolutely nothing when it comes to evaluating anything.

You're clearly either 1) an idiot who doesn't get what the spring game is about or how it's operated or 2) a troll just trying to get a rise.

Now...go ahead and keep asking stupid questions and bringing up stupid points and you'll continue to get the same response.

Apr 14, 2013, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: So Venables declines to talk about his cornerbacks..... ]

we can address you being a f@ggot that hangs out on other team boards in April and wants to argue about scrimmage stats.

To be specific ... neither starting CB played in spring game

Apr 14, 2013, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: So Venables declines to talk about his cornerbacks..... ]

CB starters will be Breeland (started last year) and MacKensie Alexander (true frosh).

Should be a high scoring game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

doubt Alexander will be starter in the opener***

Apr 15, 2013, 3:14 AM

1 point to consider: our wr's/te's and offensive gameplan

Apr 14, 2013, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: So Venables declines to talk about his cornerbacks..... ]

are just that good. i'll go ahead and throw in another for good measure- with the number of "sacks" we had, murray would already be rattled, thus allowing our " weakest link" to catch a few of his passes, thus giving this offense that you watched, even more chances to exploit y'alls "weakest link"- the inexperience of your defense.

Apr 14, 2013, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: So Venables declines to talk about his cornerbacks..... ]

Yeah, we suck. We get it, but how can you get much worse. All you can do is go up. But why won't you reply to your defense losing 9 starters? How does that not scare you?

Apr 14, 2013, 7:09 PM

To the OP.....Idiot!!

Instead of trolling on OUR board and worrying about OUR secondary, I have a suggestion for YOU Mutt:

Worry about YOUR Young, inexperienced defense....trying to stop the country's best WR group with the best QB....throwing them the ball!!

Go Tigers!!!!

Apr 14, 2013, 7:28 PM

We won't be great the first game. However, the secondary is just part of the defense. When our line gets pressure on Murray, our secondary will not have to maintain coverage as long. BV knows this. He'll dial up some blitzes and special packages. Sorry some of our fans can't be civil, some would rather argue and hurl insults than talk football. BUT, you guys have quite a few of those as well.

Definitely b******

Apr 14, 2013, 7:54 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2013, 8:28 PM

Red hats, silver britches, go to h#ll you Sons of B!%ch($

Apr 15, 2013, 8:18 AM

Oh grasshopper it's red shirts not red hats

Cool story bro!***

Apr 14, 2013, 8:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^Clearly knows nothing about college football, making

Apr 14, 2013, 10:02 PM

assumptions based on spring ball, lol.

Idiot.

There's something in these hills.

Heard animal control is on the look out for you in Georgia***

Apr 14, 2013, 10:04 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2013, 11:41 PM

It's just spring ball bro. Although, I will say that I'm concerned about lack of depth at CB. That's about it. DLine should be nasty and no one is stopping Sammy this year.

Well...

Apr 15, 2013, 8:21 AM

South Carolina did beat us, but they have something that you don't, Steve Spurrier. Tray Matthews is already better than Rambo. That Juco bumb was the #1 juco wr in the country and he was playing the second team defense. Why is it that the fans on this board act like clemson is the epitome of education in the south? A south carolinian calling a georgian a redneck is hilarious beyond belief.

But you still have Richt!***

Apr 15, 2013, 4:33 PM

Re: But you still have Richt!***

Apr 15, 2013, 5:46 PM

So?

You have beaten one good team the last two years

Apr 15, 2013, 10:26 PM

Name your second best win the last two years

Apr 15, 2013, 9:22 AM

lol anyone who takes anything from a spring game shows they know jack #### about College Football.

Ill be glad when these Mutts leave our board.

Also try and keep your filthy mascot from screwing his sister. If you do that maybe the ugly ### things will live for more than a couple years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 15, 2013, 9:18 PM

you're a class act. Mom and Dad must be proud.

Look, LSU was a good team last year, but...

Apr 15, 2013, 9:25 PM

They were not good at all passing the ball, so I doubt they ever thought they'd throw it all over us.

For the UGa fan, I don't know how bad they could've been as a top 10 team going into the game with us. And if you can talk about the teams that almost beat them, then you have to talk about the fact that they almost beat Bama.

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic