Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Todd McShay just said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

So Todd McShay just said

Nov 11, 2015, 2:24 PM

That he "honestly" believes Clemson "deserves" to be number #1 but Alabama would be the favorite head-to-head. Perhaps I'm confused, but isn't a team ranked number one under the premise that no other team would currently beat them head-to-head?

Where do they come up with this ####? I'm pretty certain if our scrub third-string QB beat you on your own home field soundly then DW and the boys are going to absolutely boat race them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Todd McDbag is the biggest moron on ESPN ever***

Nov 11, 2015, 2:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ohhhhh

Nov 11, 2015, 2:33 PM

the irony.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

please

Nov 11, 2015, 2:47 PM

explain....

before I point you

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

but that would ruin it.***

Nov 11, 2015, 3:19 PM

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

agreed... kingie... but he'd only be the 2nd biggest

Nov 11, 2015, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Todd McDbag is the biggest moron on ESPN ever*** ]

on tnet

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Over rating McDoosh

Nov 11, 2015, 2:58 PM

He couldn't hold a candle to sum here.

I put him at a solid 5th...that's generous. It's more his effort than anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

I heard he clubs baby seals for fun.***

Nov 11, 2015, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Todd McDbag is the biggest moron on ESPN ever*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In '82 #4 Nebraska was favored over #1 Clemson

Nov 11, 2015, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Todd McDbag is the biggest moron on ESPN ever*** ]

Not a big deal

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corporations are people. So is Soylent Green.

Second only to Mark May***

Nov 11, 2015, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Todd McDbag is the biggest moron on ESPN ever*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

removed

Nov 11, 2015, 2:32 PM

Commie***

Nov 11, 2015, 2:32 PM

Re: So Todd McShay just said

Nov 11, 2015, 2:35 PM

Actually he said it the other night. You just watched a re-run

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is somewhat true. I read the other day that Vegas

Nov 11, 2015, 2:46 PM

would have Bama favored over us head to head.

Re: This is somewhat true. I read the other day that Vegas

Nov 11, 2015, 2:54 PM

When's the last Vegas had anyone favored over Alabama?

Re: This is somewhat true. I read the other day that Vegas

Nov 11, 2015, 2:56 PM

I believe Georgia a few weeks back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2005_cws_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Vegas fell for Grayson Lambert is greatest QB ever ...

Nov 11, 2015, 3:49 PM

... because of his performance against SCAR too?

Suddenly losing respect for Vegas bookies.

David Pollack: "Well, everybody looks good against South Carolina."

That's somewhat disturbing to me

Nov 11, 2015, 2:58 PM [ in reply to This is somewhat true. I read the other day that Vegas ]

If the CFB playoff committee is supposed to be the most objective system (stats, game control measurements, "eye test", etc) then what in the world is Vegas seeing that the committee would have overlooked?

If Bama was number one, then obviously I'm fine with them being favored over us. If we are objectively the best team according to the committee, then what are people like Todd McShay and Vegas seeing that more objective measurables have already compensated for in the CFB rankings?

I've heard a hell of a lot of "opinions" of how Alabama would beat us but have failed to hear any constructive argument as to why outside of clear bias and one game against what appears to be an overrated and one-dimensional LSU team.

Resume vs power ranking/team strength

Nov 11, 2015, 3:12 PM

Vegas, along with computer metrics that are designed to determine the best team, are not constrained by resume and win-loss record like polls and the committee. Vegas has no problem favoring an unranked team with multiple losses over an unbeaten. Remember they had 3-3 USC favored over 6-0 Utah which caused a bit of a stir, and then USC went out and won the game rather easily. No polls would've ever had USC over Utah.

Clemson is #1 in FEI, S&P+, and Massey Composite...

Nov 11, 2015, 3:17 PM

The first two are purely play based "metrics"....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, but Bama would still be favored over us. Part

Nov 11, 2015, 3:56 PM

of it is surely Vegas accounting for public opinion, but they can't put too much of that into the line or they will get hammered by the sharps. It doesn't take many of those guys dropping huge bets to offset a whole bunch of Jim Bob's in Alabama betting $20 on their team.

I was under the assumption

Nov 11, 2015, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Resume vs power ranking/team strength ]

Those are exactly some of the variables the CFB committee are analyzing.

Either the system needs to change to account for these metrics, or Bama being better than us is simply an opinion that can't be quantified in any objective metric.

If Bama is objectively better than us, the CFB committee shouldve ranked them accordingly. Otherwise, one system must be more accurate and one less so.

My point in all this is essentially Todd McShay is a tool.

So we should just let the gamblers make the rankings***

Nov 11, 2015, 4:44 PM [ in reply to That's somewhat disturbing to me ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me yell.. NO!!! Should be based on performance

Nov 11, 2015, 2:57 PM

not prediction. Otherwise we can just sit around and verbally decide who would win to decide champs.

null

but the sec always gets favored by the EsecPN.***

Nov 11, 2015, 2:58 PM

He's just confusing a"poll" mindset with the committee

Nov 11, 2015, 3:00 PM

mindset.

For years, polls only considered who won or lost from week-to-week - not who was better. If a team won, they moved up. If a team lost, they moved down.

The committee is supposed to pick the 4 best teams.

So poll thinking is "Clemson deserves to be #1". Committee thinking is "but Alabama would beat them".

I'm not saying I agree with him - but that's why he's saying stuff like that...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, teams are largely ranked on resume (which is mostly W/L)

Nov 11, 2015, 3:02 PM

and not who would actually be favored. Some computer models attempt to determine the best team (aka who would be favored) rather than the best resume, but the polls do now.

Alabama would be the Vegas favorite on a neutral field against Clemson. Like it or not, agree with it or not, it's true.

Todd don't count***

Nov 11, 2015, 3:10 PM

I would LOVE to play Alabama!

Nov 11, 2015, 4:06 PM

They have a great defensive line, but they seem very susceptible to spread offenses. Double whammy if that spread offense has a mobile QB like we do.

They have a good ground game on offense, but it doesn't scare me with our personnel on defense. We could stack the box and trust our secondary to play man to man.

We would beat them by at least 14 points.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

As someone who has watched Bama all year

Nov 11, 2015, 4:17 PM

Including Ole Miss game, as well as all of Clemson's games, there is nothing to suggest we wouldn't beat them by 10+. They don't have a receiver we can't play man up with our secondary, and we would simply stack the box ala Notre Dame. On the other side of the ball, they have not faced an offense remotely as difficult and balanced as ours. The only team that resembles our offensive identity thoroughly beat them on our own home field.

As a Clemson fan, we should be pulling hard to play Alabama or Iowa in the first round on terms of who we would most easily overwhelm from top 6.

Nov 11, 2015, 4:22 PM

I don't get that "Bama would beat Clemson."

Bama is a very, very good football team, and that front 7 on defense is scary-good. They can absolutely crush you up front with Henry at RB.

Bama also has some problems which even a Bama fan would admit. They don't pass well - Coker is particularly error-prone and actually seems to be leaning on his feet more than his arm, which is odd, given his skill-set - and they don't defend the pass well; they've had repeated busts in the secondary all year long.

Clemson has no obvious weaknesses, at least on offense and defense. I would posit our kick coverage is spotty and our return game nonexistent, but while those do hurt us bigger than we'd like to admit in the "hidden yardage" game - and kept a lot of teams who got crushed on the statline in games longer than they probably should have been (Louisville and NC State come to mind), those aren't massive deficiencies.

Bama's got imposing talent some places...and not-so-good talent in others. They're built for SEC trench warfare, but are they a national title team, especially with a Jacob Coker - who would be 3rd-string at FSU right now had he stayed - under center?

Nov 11, 2015, 4:25 PM

Just because we're number 1 doesn't mean we're supposed to be favored. Even tho I think we will beat them head 2 head. In order to be the best, we have to beat the best. They said Lsu would beat us, what happen? Ohio state will "kill" Clemson, 40-35.. Clemson will not beat Oklahoma, 40-6. They're saying this because we haven't played Bama yet, but when we do and when we win all that pistol whipping talk will be DEAD.

Oh and Kelly is a helluva Qb. He definitely wasn't 3rd string material at Clemson. Dabo loves seniority, i.e. Stoudt starting over DW even tho DW was clearly the better Qb. It would have been a damm good battle for that 2nd spot between Kelly and DW. I wanted to see who would have won out but I guess Kelly had other plans.

Nov 11, 2015, 4:38 PM

I believe Bama would be favored over Clemson, so he's correct.

I remember hearing a week or so ago that Vegas would only favor Ohio State over Alabama, and only if JT Barrett were at QB.

I don't see what the problem is

Nov 11, 2015, 4:43 PM

He wouldn't be the only one. Since we have not played each other, all judgements are subjective. Yes, they have a loss, but it was fluky and they executed poorly. There's nothing wrong with the hypothesis that they might beat us if we played tomorrow.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic