Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Much for Southern Hospitality...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

So Much for Southern Hospitality...

May 28, 2012, 8:19 PM

For the past 5 days Big 12 Schools from Baylor, Kansas, K-State, and Iowa State have reached out to Clemson fans. The Clemson fans have been gracious in return and understandably proud of their storied football program.

The exchanges from Clemson were seemingly too good to be true. Today the "we want to be the smartest kid in the dumb kid row" crowd lashed out at several of the Big12 lesser football schools. Given the grace of the Clemson fans who interacted warmly with 76Jayhawk and fans from Iowa State and Baylor I can only conclude that TrueTiger 1998 "It just dosn't make sense to align with Iowa State, 2 Kansas schools" and other Bashers are afraid of moving to a more competitive conference.

For the record Clemson will surely be an elite Big 12 team. It is worth noting that a few years ago Kansas manhandled and defeated VT in the Orange Bowl, K-State has a better post conference play under Coach Snyder and his star player (now your Defensive Coordinator) have a better post conference record than Clemson. Iowa State is known, like well known ACC spoilers, for upsetting legendary football powers.

You will enjoy your trip to KU one of America's most beautiful campuses, most storied athletic programs, and academic power house. You will be warmly welcomed.

Win in the Big 12 and you will be respected. Play in the Big 12 and you will be better. Play in the Big 12 and you will leverage your elite recruiting classes. Play in the Big 12 and meet fans who respect visitors.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Much for Southern Hospitality...

May 28, 2012, 8:24 PM

You gotta let that slide man. This is a tense situation for Clemson fans and some do not want to leave. It's all good, I completely understand their point.

Do they have to belittle us "lesser" schools? No, but it seems to me that they are using what mechanisms they can to help convince their fellow fans to stay in the ACC.

I appreciate your understanding of the situation

May 28, 2012, 8:31 PM

Our fans in NC & VA are going ballistic at the thought of leaving the ACC. The fans in SC, GA and other SEC states are ready to move.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly correct

May 28, 2012, 8:54 PM

I think you hit that nail right on the head. We won't know the divisions or who we have to play until all the ink dries. Fans in tx and Midwest are excited. Those in Fl, Ga, Al, are in the positive cat. Those in NC, Va are a little pissy because they won't get to make as many games.

For me I can't wait to be lose of the NC school albatross that we have around our necks. They want to be St.Johns, Georgetown, Villanova, or worse yet, Penn, Harvard, Yale, I say let them. Just don't take my tigers with'em.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not everybody in Va***

May 29, 2012, 12:16 AM [ in reply to I appreciate your understanding of the situation ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The vast majority of Clemson fans are "ready" to go.

May 28, 2012, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: So Much for Southern Hospitality... ]

I really don't think that the teams selection process for the playoffs is going to include any academic criteria, just like the Rhodes scholar selections are not based on your football teams rankings.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2012, 8:25 PM

very well said and IMHO very true!!I just do not see and do not think it will happen that the outright HATRED we get from other schools in this area(primarily the dirty c$$ts)will greet us in the Big 12.. we will get more respect and again IMHO this is very good!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2012, 8:28 PM

Hope that it becomes reality. I am so tired of the weak ACC. Clemson can not continue to sit back and watch other teams switch conferences. Clemson needs to be the proactive this time.

Sorry. We do have some real d-bags around here.

May 28, 2012, 8:30 PM

Some of them mostly stick to chat and consider themselves "elite" members of this site but venture onto the board every now and then to degrad others. Some are gamecocks who try to pass themselves off as tigers. Regardless, know that 85% or more of Clemson fans support the move and many of us look forward to playing Kansas, KSU and ISU. As I said in a post from this weekend we have more in common with those rural/agriculture schools than the rednecks (redneck is not country folks and Clemson is country)at LSU, Alabama and South Carolina. Certainly we have more in common with them than the elite snobs at UNC, Duke and UVA or the nerds at GT. Your hospitality on this board has not gone unnoticed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TrueTiger1998 has posted much dumber things...

I wouldn't pay much attention.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

trust me if clemson goes into the big 12..

we will greet every big 12 team with open arms when their fans come to valley..we do with every acc team and any other team besides south carolina..im pro going to the big 12...i wanna hear ROCKKKK CHALKKKK JAYYYYY HAWKKKKKK in bball and watch texas and oklahoma like its our confernce

Re: trust me if clemson goes into the big 12..

May 28, 2012, 8:32 PM

YES! well said

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: trust me if clemson goes into the big 12..

May 28, 2012, 8:43 PM [ in reply to trust me if clemson goes into the big 12.. ]

I have a brother in law in Texas.He and his family are Clemson fans. This will be awesome! I believe there are more Clemson fans in Texas than we realize. I will be proud of Clemson if they move to the Big XII.

Having lived in TX

May 29, 2012, 6:04 AM

There simply are not that many Clemson fans out there given the amount of people who live in the state. Alas seeing a Clemson sticker is both rare and special.

And for the record there is no school I hate more than tu; there are 2 I hate as much (scu and unc) but none I hate more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry. We do have some real d-bags around here.

May 28, 2012, 8:35 PM

Well said Baltimore tiget

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Sorry. We do have some real d-bags around here.

May 28, 2012, 8:36 PM

Tiger darn I phones

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2012, 8:43 PM

This is just a message board, people hardly ever act like they would in real life on here. I think many people are just trying to find reasons to stay in the ACC. If you want to see some true southern hospitality, come on down for a game in Death Valley if we make it into the big12 and I think you will be in for a real treat. We try to treat the opposing visitors extremely well around here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2012, 9:35 PM

I've been a Clemson fan for over 50 years and many of us that have been around that long have wanted to ditch the ACC for years.

May 28, 2012, 9:38 PM

It seems you don't realize how important our conference really is. They will be back, stronger than ever, and I hope us with them. I don't think FSU will leave.

May 28, 2012, 9:41 PM

It seems you don't realize people might have a different perspective than you.

Dude has been a fan of Clemson for 50 years. Im pretty sure he has earned the right to determine where he thinks is best and Im sure he realizes every aspect of the situation.

Im not here to #### in anyone's cheerios but you are overly negative even towards fellow fans that happen to disagree with you.

Ive only noticed your posts today but I get your opinion. Is there any need to consistently crap all over other people's opinions that dont agree with your own?

Note that he has only been on the board for 5 days so never

May 28, 2012, 10:50 PM

know what school some of these posters are fans of.

Re: Note that he has only been on the board for 5 days so never

May 28, 2012, 10:55 PM

Likewise to you, I'm an alum how about you?

Spoken with an almost

May 29, 2012, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: So Much for Southern Hospitality... ]

religious-sounding faith.

When we're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars at stake, you can't say "I hope."

We can't afford to be reactive here.

I attended my first game in 1949 and am ready for a

May 28, 2012, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: So Much for Southern Hospitality... ]

change also.

Beware of gamecocks in disguise bearing gifts

May 28, 2012, 9:40 PM

we have a lot of imposters.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pleas keep in mind the we have cootimposters that have spent

May 28, 2012, 9:53 PM

years getting established as Tiger Fans.May be hard to believe but it is true.

May 28, 2012, 10:10 PM

Like most Clemson fans that want out of the ACC, my first choice would be the SEC. That is not an option. The next best option is the Big 12, and hopefully we can help make it the best conference in the land.

May 29, 2012, 7:47 AM

you will be warmly welcomed just as any Georgia or Usuck
team will be.

just sayin

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic