Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So John "The Clown" Swofford's dream
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

So John "The Clown" Swofford's dream

Oct 22, 2017, 9:32 AM

Deal with a team not in our conference could be our worst nightmare if ND and Clemson win out? I'm not laughing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So John "The Clown" Swofford's dream

Oct 22, 2017, 9:34 AM

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does ND joining the ACC in other sports have

Oct 22, 2017, 9:42 AM

To do with them being good in football this year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What does ND joining the ACC in other sports have

Oct 22, 2017, 9:49 AM

In case you been living in a cave, Swoffy Boy don't have any warm feelings for the TIGERS and the poster was pointing out that it could get dicey if the final vote depended on ole Swoffy! that's all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lutz. Swofford doesn't have a vote. He isn't on

Oct 22, 2017, 9:59 AM

playoff committee...never has been.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even if he did have a vote, and admitting he hates us

Oct 22, 2017, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: What does ND joining the ACC in other sports have ]

What would the benefit be to the ACC for him to send non-member Notre Dame to the playoffs over his own conference champ? He is the Commissioner of the ACC, and there are huge dollars at stake for the conference. He would be fired the very next day. No one hates anyone enough to forfeit that kind of money and lose his job.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is in the driver's seat, not ND

Oct 22, 2017, 9:48 AM

IF Clemson wins out it doesn't matter what ND does.

Remember, the ACC Champion has an extra win in the form of a Championship game that ND will not have.

ND is screwing themselves by not joining a conference. They get left out in that scenario, not Clemson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson is in the driver's seat, not ND

Oct 22, 2017, 9:58 AM

Hope that is the case, and I do believe it will be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 10:05 AM

Sooner or later if ND goes 11-1 or 12-0 in the regular season we knew they were gonna get left out of a playoff.

They're never going to get in over a 12-1 or 13-0 conference champion from a P5 conference. The only way ND ever gets in is if they get selected over a 2-loss P5 champion, or a 1-loss P5 runner-up.

Here's looking at you UGA...the SEC ain't getting 2 teams in if ND runs the table.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 1:28 PM

I don't disagree, and I certainly hope you are right.

Playoff cred.

Oct 23, 2017, 1:36 PM

ND's SOS will drop like a rock as the season progress and their past and future opponents play the tough part of their schedules. ND isn't a threat to take the ACC's spot in the playoff unless NCS wins out.

If we win we're in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic