Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I'm just going to say it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

So I'm just going to say it.

Dec 6, 2016, 1:49 PM

Lamar Jackson isn't a bad dude and probably deserves to win the Heisman this year.
DW is my guy. I think he should have one last year, and I think his leadership to another ACC Champ and playoff appearance counts for something. We all are annoyed with Petrino, but he isn't LJ. Everyone got in a huff when he swatted at Ben before the half, but he came back and led his team with heart. He is on a far less talented team and is the reason they ever had a shot.
We like to compare qb numbers, but the dude is the #8 leading rusher in the country too.

If I were taking a qb, it would be DW every time. I love the guy, every thing about him. But emotion aside, and just evaluating numbers, you cannot argue the selection of LJ for Heisman if he wins. I hope the voters put weight into leading to championships and phenomenal character. DW is amazing and will forever be one of my favorite Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Coot.

Dec 6, 2016, 1:52 PM

;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was a lovely harangue by you SOY

Dec 6, 2016, 1:59 PM

But geez, suck it up & play the game like it's suppose to be played..hit 1st & make up later, if need be!

Saying NOOoo, LJ doesn't deserve the Heisman one bit over DW4! Haill, he lost to DW4 on the same playing field & has lost 3 games in one year while DW4 has lost only 3 in three years (one b/c he went down in that GT game with "broke" knee).

Get some ballls & recant! LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll leave my OP, but recant the "probably shoulf win" to reflect what I really meant

Dec 6, 2016, 2:19 PM

He is a worthy winner should he get the votes. I want DW4, but you cant argue LJ if he wins.. he is worthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I can't believe you said that.....

Dec 6, 2016, 2:01 PM

.....I'm glad you're not my child, I would be SO disappointed!

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: So I'm just going to say it.

Dec 6, 2016, 2:20 PM

You must have missed the part where LJ stomped on Boulware.

But he's not a bad dude.....***

Dec 6, 2016, 2:21 PM

After BB had him in somewhat of a choke hold?***

Dec 6, 2016, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: So I'm just going to say it. ]

I could argue.

Dec 6, 2016, 2:22 PM

He's the reason they lost to Houston and Kentucky (Heisman pose and fumble, anyone?). His numbers are impressive because they padded the stats early in the year. He didn't lead his team to a division (ties don't count), conference or state championship.

Remember November.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I agree. The only reason we don't like LT is because

Dec 6, 2016, 2:24 PM

he is not our guy and we want our guy to win. But if the roles were reversed, we'd be saying LT is a lock and be upset by anyone who suggested that DW should win.

While we're at it, it appears many of our fans have turned into that which they despised: Bama fans. So quick to take offense at and crush anyone who would dare criticize Clemson or pick against us in any game, even those (i.e. Herbstreit) who have been largely complimentary of us through the years. Reminds me of Red Sox fans turning into Yankees fans in the 2000's when they started winning world series.

I disagree. At least on your first paragraph.

Dec 6, 2016, 2:46 PM

Desahun's interceptions (though not all attributed solely to him) have been an enigma for me, and while I did not 'voice it here on tnet', it WAS my opinion that they were (going to be) the demise of Deshaun's Heisman hopes, ESPECIALLY when compared to Jackson's numbers. Even in his game against us. But in the final month of the season, that completely changed (for me). Clutch play, leading the team to victories WHEN needed, and his poise and leadership during November are HANDS DOWN better, and more important (IMO) than Jackson's early season performance against lesser talent (with the exception of the games against FSU and us). To take a page from the talking heads/analysts - which is hard to do as we all are so very familiar with DW4 and LJ's stats, W-L records, etc.), if you were to list those accomplishments under player 'A' and Player 'B', I am confident that I would pick the QB who won head to head; had a better W-L; won the Conference, AND is taking his team to the CFP.

As for your last paragraph, while I do believe I have seen examples of which you speak - and I, too, am disappointed by some of the narrative here on tnet - I think the term 'many of our fans' may be a bit excessive. Just as I do not like seeing the negative posts on the occasional player(s) having bad games; 'play calling'; defensive lapses; fumbles/interceptions; close wins, etc., to say that 'many on tnet' practice or display that behavior would also be an exaggeration.

Bottom Line: While I do wear orange colored glasses, I do feel that I am being objective in my belief that DW4 > LJ.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sure I can.

Dec 6, 2016, 2:24 PM

The best player in college football doesn't let his team lose to Houston and Kentucky in consecutive weeks...

I don't care what kind of numbers he ran up late in the fourth quarter against Charlotte, Syracuse, Marshall, and Boston College.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Nah, Lamar is a good quarterback but

Dec 6, 2016, 2:28 PM

but not a great one and not Heisman material. His numbers have come largely against very weak competition. What tipped everyone's scales toward him early on was their win against FSU - an FSU team that is not up to the usual FSU standards, and, I believe, simply got caught looking and didn't take UL seriously. He has not shown the in-game leadership to guide his team through adversity, to be a consistent performer, and to be a leader.

The only knock against DW seems to be his inferior rushing yardage compared to Jackson (we have running backs who do that pretty well - no need to risk a QB) and his interceptions this year.

Look at stats only, and Jackson will get the vote. Look at performance and results, and you HAVE TO choose DW. There's no other realistic option. For the 2nd straight year he's getting it done.

Jackson is a good QB. Watson is a great QB and true Heisman material by every measure.

He is Heisman material.

Dec 6, 2016, 3:46 PM

There's just a better player out there. DW4.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Last year.

Dec 6, 2016, 2:33 PM

The rhetoric around Henry was "where he has his team" and "what he has accomplished for his team". Don't hear that spin this year.

Dec 6, 2016, 3:07 PM

LJ has some serious stuff going against him. He allowed Kentucky to beat UL in their rivalry game, and allowed his team to be slaughtered vs. an average Houston team 36-10. That's awful IMO and not deserving of a Heisman trophy. Also, DW4 helped his team to a 2nd ACC championship, a 2nd trip to the national playoff, and has amazing numbers to back it up. Yes - DW4 has the better TEAM, but he put this team on his back so many times that he deserves serious consideration.

Bottom line: If UL had gone 11-1 and made it to the playoff, then I too would vote for LJ - but he failed to do that and basically fell on his face when he played decent competition. My vote goes to DW4.

Dec 6, 2016, 3:13 PM

I can somewhat agree with you. The heisman is supposed to go to the person that means the most to the team. I completely believe dw4 deserves it, however he is surrounded by mega talent. UL probably wouldnt even be bowl eligable without him. I hope dw4 wins but I think to many votes had already been turned in based on media bias.

Dec 6, 2016, 5:04 PM

That is just completely untrue. They have a lot of talent on that team and it is filled with seniors/juniors.

Their depth chart to start the year had the following:

LT - Sophomore
LG - Senior
C - Senior
RG - Senior
RT - Sophomore
TE - Senior
QB - Sophomore
RB - Senior
WR - Senior
WR - Senior
WR - Junior

DE - Junior
DT - Senior
DE - Junior
OLB- Junior
ILB- Senior
ILB- Junior
OLB- Senior
CB - Junior
S - Senior
S - Junior
CB - Sophomore

So of their starting 22 at the beginning of the season that's 11 seniors and 7 juniors. Not saying their talent is all world but they do have a good bit of talent and you can't teach experience.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lamar is just a an exceptionally energetic and somewhat

Dec 6, 2016, 4:29 PM

gifted Lieutenant.

Watson is the magnificent General, always calm, cool, and collected; in command; leading his forces to victory time and time again under any situation against any foe.

I know who I'd rather have leading me into battle.

The voters should too, if they were honest to themselves.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic