Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Snickerdoodles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,874

Snickerdoodles

Dec 15, 2018, 12:22 PM

Making Snickerdoodles was one of my wife's favorite things to do during the Christmas season. When the grandchildren began appearing on the scene and were of cookie eating age, the number of "batches" she made were beginning to grow exponentially. Those kids could consume more Snickerdoodles than Jethro of Beverly Hillbilly fame. When my wife asked what they wanted , the usual response was, "Meo, make a lot of Snickerdoodles".

When my wife became ill, she could no longer make her famous Snickerdoodles and a long time tradition came to an end. Over the years they remarked how they missed Meo's snickerdoodles. A few days ago my 38 year old grandson called my daughter, who lives with me, and asked her if she would bake some Snickerdoodles for our Christmas family gathering. She told him "Yes", so we will now be able to resume a long time family tradition.

Do we have any other Snickerdoodle lovers out their in Tnet land?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not that familiar, but would love the recipe.

Dec 15, 2018, 12:25 PM

I have three little cookie eaters in my house that would be happy to give it a try.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not that familiar, but would love the recipe.

Dec 15, 2018, 12:36 PM

There are several recipes for the cookie. I would suggest you Google Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipes and choose the one you would prefer. My wife made one that was crisp rather than soft. Dip one of those cookies in a glass of milk and I thought I was in heaven.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 10:13 PM

Just googled and 50+ recipes showed up! Don’t know if they were all different though .....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Dec 15, 2018, 11:11 PM

I'm sure they don't hold a candle to Mrs. Joe's cookies, but Betty Crocker Snickerdoodle mix makes pretty decent cookies.

Re: Snickerdoodles

Dec 15, 2018, 12:27 PM

Our tradition was oatmeal cookies Joe. My wife makes them and they are fantastic. I don’t think anybody can make em like Grandma though!

Dec 15, 2018, 11:55 PM

My Grandmother always had oatmeal cookies in the cookie jar ... Nice memories -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Dec 15, 2018, 12:29 PM

I do not have a good recipe. My grandmother made wonderful one, but whoever in the family that got it, didn’t share.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: Snickerdoodles***

Dec 15, 2018, 12:35 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 12:37 PM

You’re stirring a decades long craving Joe!

I’m afraid these days I have to stay away from Snikerdoodles to prevent a flare up of DikyDoo Disease, whereby the most prevalent symptom is ones inability to look down and see their own instruments due to the size of their belly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 1:55 PM

Our daughter makes amazing snickerdoodles and yes they are a favorite but not just for Christmas either. Great way to celebrate anything, especially football victories.

Re: Snickerdoodles - For my family;

Dec 15, 2018, 2:10 PM

My father making old fashioned Stollen. It kept well and, before microwaves, you just wrapped the loaf in a damp cheese cloth and warmed it on low in the oven. The loaf would absorb the moisture and ready to eat. This was great in cold Ohio country winters.

Joe message me and we will send you some

Dec 15, 2018, 6:46 PM

I have 3. 10, 9and 5

Re: Joe message me and we will send you some

Dec 15, 2018, 10:06 PM

I tried to send you a Tmail and it said no such name. There are other sparklecity (names) but not a tiger. Check the board and see if one of those is you but a different handle and let me know.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,874
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic