Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sister in law and her fam are coots. One says the C word about Pitt.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Sister in law and her fam are coots. One says the C word about Pitt.

Nov 24, 2016, 7:18 AM

And it dawned on me..
That word has no power any more. I mean seriously, I didn't even feel a little defensive because I didn't need to. In no way does this program reflect the labile and erratic Bowden teams that earned the reputation.
Clemson lost to Pitt and the media didn't even mention it (the word).
Its antiquated, outdated, and irrelevant.

When family member said it, I literally just gave a look and she conceded it was a dumb thing to say.

So if you can't find something to be thankful for today, welcome to tnet and be thankful for the program Dabo is running. Players graduate, stay out of trouble or are disciplined, and they get it done on the field.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Sister in law and her fam are coots. One says the C word about Pitt.

Nov 24, 2016, 7:24 AM

Be sweet to the Sister in law today and calmly wait for Saturday. Then remind her about Navy vs. USuck in 1984 and The Citadel last year! That will keep her quiet, especially after we win handily that evening!

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're good people.. as Clemson fans, we really don't need to say anything

Nov 24, 2016, 7:26 AM

They already know. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Its new meaning is clear

Nov 24, 2016, 7:27 AM

and has been for a number of years. Persistently excellent with best as standard. Enough said.

Nov 24, 2016, 8:16 AM

Trust me I know where you are coming from the Unc fans around here used that word after the Pitt game. I just laughed and said I bet all of you wished Unc was like Clemson football and they shut up.

Message was edited by: speedracer®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol!...Be the "bigger man" with your

Nov 24, 2016, 8:26 AM

Sister-in-law....after all, consider the competition....anyhow, after Saturday, she'll have an entire year to reflect on how stupid she sounded using that term!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2016, 8:30 AM

I have coot in laws too so we stick to safe subjects like politics, religion, gay marriage and legalization of pot

lol..+1***

Nov 24, 2016, 8:33 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last night was our big meal as I have to fly back west

Nov 24, 2016, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Sister in law and her fam are coots. One says the C word about Pitt. ]

today for a weekend of work in the hospital (off for Scar game of course).

At about 9p, I finally said... So how do y'all think Trump will do defeating ISIS, building the wall, bridging the racial divide, easing religious tensions, while mullifying those hurt over Harambe.

null

Nov 24, 2016, 8:43 AM

The C word that makes a coot shudder...Citadel. Yeah baby!

The "C" word? You mean "Citadeling"? :)***

Nov 24, 2016, 8:43 AM

Just tell them they will clearly know what...

Nov 24, 2016, 8:50 AM

"Clemsoning" is around 11:00 PM on Saturday night.

Nov 24, 2016, 9:04 AM

Late Saturday night you should send her a message: "Awwwwww . . . . did the Gamecocks get 'Clemsoned' again?"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2016, 9:15 AM

We are an elite team right now . Everyone not named Alabama or Ohio State wish they were Clemson in our current arrangements
Coot fans have never had more than a good season or two in 119 years of floundering around the CFB landscape as whipping boys .
Let them talk , it's all they got . Well ....that and a losing record to Duke University in football .

Happy Thxgvg !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 24, 2016, 10:13 AM

Break her jaw!!

I was thinking about that after the loss

Nov 24, 2016, 9:36 AM

About how we would hear that term again and how much the non Clemson fans I knew would run it in. But actually non of that happened, no one really said anything about it and I give the thanks to dabo. He has built a program here that has most fans of other schools wishing they were like.

Re: I was thinking about that after the loss

Nov 24, 2016, 10:08 AM

Someone mentioned "Clemsoning" on social media after Pitt. Coot fan of course.

I told him Clemsoning now means being the national model of how a successful program should be run...and if it weren't for his feathered brethren leading a clown crew of refs then we'd have still won by double digits anyway.

Then the rankings came out he saw we still controlled our own destiny and blew a gasket.

I usually ignore them...it's like the smallest kid in middle school class trying to pick a fight with a high school senior mr everything. You just laugh and walk away.

Nov 24, 2016, 10:18 AM

Tell them that is is indeed a shame that a team can't lose one game and win it all. Wait, Alabama did last season. Ask them if they grew mildew still waiting by the mailbox for last year's bowl invitation and remind them that the Citadel says hello.

Message was edited by: Tigers Rule®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am such a blessed man........

Nov 24, 2016, 10:26 AM

My Thanksgiving family is also my tailgate/Tiger family. Looking at around 15-20 here today and they ALL BLEED ORANGE.

The only one I worry about is my sister. She's been to 2 games in the last 2 years. Yep. Pitt and Bammer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For Capon fans, the "C word" should mean only one thing ...

Nov 24, 2016, 11:47 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For Capon fans, the "C word" should mean only one thing ...

Nov 24, 2016, 11:49 AM

LMAO Rev, so true.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make her a special "sauce" for her Turkey***

Nov 24, 2016, 12:01 PM

Sounds like she was being a bit of a 'C word'***

Nov 24, 2016, 12:02 PM

Clemson

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic