Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sickening Coach buffet - $$$$$$$ - Bama & Saban
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Sickening Coach buffet - $$$$$$$ - Bama & Saban

Jan 28, 2021, 12:23 AM

Read this article ---- crazy the budget they spend and the football knowledge ....

this is what we are up against !!!!

there was another article similar to this a few years that had said basically Saban has an unlimited budget

this is even crazier.

https://www.tidesports.com/story/football/2021/01/26/alabama-football-coaching-staff-nick-saban-obrien-marrone/4262840001/?fbclid=IwAR1TCJiIBuM6kuWkWf0UARMzr_hct1ibzRafECRaFY_2DSP7JstNIsbUa0I

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Sickening Coach buffet - $$$$$$$ - Bama & Saban

Jan 28, 2021, 12:52 AM

Clemson could be like that also if more people would join IPTAY.There is a lot of folks out there who can afford it but just don't want to fork that money out for some reason or another.Would love to see the day come when the total number of IPTAY members goes well over 20,000 and reaches close to 30,000 and 50M+ in givings.As of 2020 there are 17,438 members in IPTAY who have given 38.7M combined,this came from the IPTAY brochure I recently got from an IPTAY Rep.

Jan 28, 2021, 5:27 AM

Look at the money available to Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Clemson. It is amazing what has been accomplished at Clemson. You are correct about more people needing to donate. Too many “fans” that like to save money by purchasing tickets through Stubhub and not IPTAY. Clemson Athletic teams do not pay for themselves. I do have a question about your member numbers. Does IPTAY still has the Collegiate and Tiger Cub clubs? If so, that would increase the member numbers and total dollar amount.

Jan 28, 2021, 5:57 AM

Yes, the Tiger cub is still there.

Clemson will always start at the back compared to the other schools you mention - due to our school size. I graduated in 81 and we had around 10 k students then. I think it is now closer to 21k.

Ohio state has 70k students

Bama has 40k.

OK has 32k

If you simply assume that all schools kept those numbers since 1980. I use this as they will be in workforce or influence others who are.
Ohio state had 2,000,000 more students.
Bama had 800,000 more
Ok had 440,000 more
If you add the families of those students to the total, it increases even further.

If half the students above simply gave $50 per year. I have no idea the real numbers, but for every 0 given, there are people who give large numbers as well.
Ohio state would have $100,000,000 more in contributions. (Annually).
Bama would have $40,000,000 more annually.
Ok would have $22,000,000 more annually.

And those numbers are growing not shrinking. (Assuming the same rate of contributions for all schools students.)

The fact that we are even in the game is amazing. It shows our dedication and level of giving is well above (per person).

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 7:27 AM

Nice breakdown, I'd say that has more to do with it than anything. But what Horry pointed out is true as well. Not even 18k. Usuck even has more members in whatever they call theirs. Imo, that supports your theory more than anything.

Guess it doesn't hurt that Bama just inked the highest recruiting class ever assembled. Lawd.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oops, logic error from no sleep

Jan 28, 2021, 7:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Sickening Coach buffet - $$$$$$$ - Bama & Saban ]

Should be divided by 4, but still large (and still only based on $50 per.).

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 6:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Sickening Coach buffet - $$$$$$$ - Bama & Saban ]

You can’t even donate to tnet!! Very judgy!! ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 6:52 PM

You're right I don't donate to Tigernet but have done so in the past,2010 thru 2013 as a matter of fact so it isn't like I have never donated to this site.I do donate to IPTAY though and have for 41 straight years and will make it 42 here pretty soon.

Jan 28, 2021, 6:55 AM

I can’t afford iptay but I do have a circled R

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 7:13 AM

Ugh, I thought IPTAY was doing well. I stopped giving when BLM became a sponsor cause I thought we’d be swimming in cash.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 8:57 AM

If you have it spend. No argument against success. Remember Steely Dan's song.

Until Iptay places a hard limit on the number

Jan 28, 2021, 10:21 AM

Of tickets each member can purchase (ie 4) then stubhub will be the place for the lower echelon Clemson fan

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic