Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shrine Bowl funny
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Shrine Bowl funny

Dec 16, 2014, 2:05 PM

Someone who is friends with me on Facebook suggested I post this on here...so here goes.

This is Shrine Bowl week, and Nikki Hood reminded me of an incident from 2010 that I found quite humbling and humorous. I went back and found it, and I have a disclaimer: There is a bathroom in the story, so if you are one of those "TMI" people then don't read. Just keep on scrolling. But it is funny....and is about me covering the Shrine Bowl that December.

I had to cover the Shrine Bowl practice that Thursday, but they moved it indoors because of the inclement weather. So it was at a local high school in the gymnasium, and I was tasked to go over to the high school and film part of the practice and see if I could get some quotes.

Away I went, video camera in hand. When I arrived at the gym, I went in and was immediately told by the head coach that the media were NOT allowed at the practice, and that I would have to wait until practice was over and come back at 3:30.

Consulting my watch, I realized it was still an hour and seven minutes until the practice was over, but I was 30 minutes from home, so I needed to find something to pass the time. I thought about reading in the car, but my lunch started working on me, and I decided to find the nearest and quietest men’s room.

I found one, in the farthest part of the upstairs in the gym facility. No one was in sight. School had been let out. I had this nice place all to myself.

A few minutes later, as I sat, I was surprised to hear the click of a pneumatic lock, a hiss, and I realized that the doors to the restroom had automatically locked. Not good.

As I pondered what to do, the situation got worse…………..the lights went out.
“Hello,” I said. Softly at first.Then I wailed. “Helloooooooooo!!!! Anybody out there!! Helloooooooo!”

No answer. No sound. No light. I said another hello, kind of pitiful, and heard nothing.
And this place was DARK. No ambient light whatsoever. So I fumbled around in pocket to find my phone…and when I did, I realized it was also my only lifeline to the outside world. I tried to holler and scream.
Silence.
So I decided to finish my business – in the dark with the aid of my phone – when I realized I had picked a stall with no toilet paper. Joy.
So I stood up, and as I shuffled out of my stall and into the next stall, the lights came on!!! They were set to respond to motion or lack thereof. I guess I had been sitting there too still and too quietly!!!!

I finished, and set about figuring the lock out. I soon realized I could open the lock from the inside, but also realized very quickly that I had set off alarms all over the place. They were whooping and blaring, and I stood there in my shame and waited for Barney Fife to show up.
Except Barney wasn’t a Barney. It was a Kate. Officer Kate to be exact. And she was demanding to know what a grown man was doing, alone, in the dark, in a bathroom, in a high school gymnasium….with a video camera.

Even with my extreme gift of gab it took a LOT of explaining, and it still didn't go over very well.

It is a glamorous life I lead.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL:DR ;-)***

Dec 16, 2014, 2:09 PM

Quite the funny story. Are you trying to start the funny?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shrine Bowl funny

Dec 16, 2014, 2:12 PM

I look forward to the next article in this series...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2014, 2:14 PM

agree, this is way better than Mickey's blog. +1

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is that the funny?

Dec 16, 2014, 2:18 PM

Crump ain't gonna like this...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pigs

Dec 16, 2014, 2:21 PM

of Officer Kate?

TIA in advance

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Or it never happened.***

Dec 16, 2014, 3:05 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Dec 16, 2014, 2:23 PM

Do did you get any footage with that camera?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2014, 3:21 PM

Could that be inch-age?????

Re: When did the jounge move to the mange?***

Dec 16, 2014, 2:24 PM

Dec 16, 2014, 2:28 PM

The day people starting threatening to tell my preacher on me for my message board persona.

Re: Alex Long is going to ban you***

Dec 16, 2014, 2:40 PM

Re: Alex Long is going to ban you***

Dec 16, 2014, 2:41 PM

As long as my preacher doesn't know I said a curse word I can live wid dat.

Re: In all honesty your preacher would probably love to know

Dec 16, 2014, 2:54 PM

you're a lost sinner. Then he can preach a sermonette that actually has meaning instead of seeing a crowd of blank faces that already know Jesus and think his sermonettes are mundane and redundant.

Dec 16, 2014, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: When did the jounge move to the mange?*** ]

So you are a hypocrite,worried about the Preacher who
probably hides things from you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2014, 4:19 PM

You're confused.

Dec 16, 2014, 6:25 PM

I think not.

Is Nikki Hood related to Nikki Steele?

Dec 16, 2014, 2:27 PM

It's important

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The question is

Dec 16, 2014, 2:28 PM

Does Nikki know about Officer Kate?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

QUIT TRYING TO GET TNET POINTS THEY AREN'T WORTH ANYTHING

Dec 16, 2014, 2:32 PM

NOW THAT THEY DONT SEND STEAK KNIVES.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very,very true. BUT, if you don't play nice they will give

Dec 16, 2014, 2:39 PM

you a non-expense paid trip to jamaica.

They don't send steak knives???

Dec 16, 2014, 3:13 PM [ in reply to QUIT TRYING TO GET TNET POINTS THEY AREN'T WORTH ANYTHING ]

I have been mislead by a lot of people. They know who they are.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What????????????????????????????????????????????????

Dec 16, 2014, 3:24 PM

I just a registered note from the USPS regarding a package at the local mail facility...

Some guy named Tommy sent it from Pendleton. Is that close to Six Mile?

Dec 16, 2014, 2:56 PM

So - let's get this straight... you are a grown man, sitting alone in the dark, in a high school gym, with a video camera...and you expect us to believe that you're not guilty of something???

Hmmmm? We're gonna need a jury trial I think...

Sewer Snake Boogie***

Dec 16, 2014, 3:07 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Dec 16, 2014, 3:26 PM

Ain't modern technolgy a real Batch!

Glad you finished. That cop could have tased the s*** out of you !

Dec 16, 2014, 5:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic