Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Short Yardage - A little taste of the Fridge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Short Yardage - A little taste of the Fridge

Oct 16, 2014, 2:08 PM

I say on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 we put Grady Jarrett 5 yards deep and let him get a full head of steam with the ball in his hands. The dude is very athletic and he would crush anyone in the hole.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our problem with short yardage is simple

Oct 16, 2014, 2:16 PM

we don't have an elite back. Last year we used TJ in short yardage he was a 230 lbs QB who would take the ball in shotgun and read the line and find a hole and move the pile. We don't have a back that can move the pile on the active roster. Our most talented back is still on the injury list.

This is reasonable in 3rd or 4th and an

Oct 16, 2014, 3:46 PM

actual yard. When you need an inch, run the #### QB sneak, not a play that stars 7 yards in the backfield.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put Grady, Kalon, Crowder and Pagano back there !

Oct 16, 2014, 2:21 PM

Have them form a wedge and plow thru. Unstoppable ! Release their rap video the following Tuesday.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Short Yardage - A little taste of the Fridge

Oct 16, 2014, 2:47 PM

How bout we use the fullbacks more often. In short yardage, I am sure Chad is thinking they know what you're gonna do if you put the fullback in, but they know anyway, why not use a fullback. Remember, back in the SC State game, we put in a seldom used fullback, Kurt Fleming and he ripped off 40 yds in 8 carries on one drive. His downside was that his fumble cost us the shutout, but she the kid was a horse up the middle.

We haven't seen that kid since the fumble. He was big, strong, and John Riggins-ish in that he carried SC State defenders 2 and 3 yards after contact. Why not go back to this kid in short yardage?

Oct 16, 2014, 3:34 PM

Too intelligent and our coaches don't want to play smashmouth for some reason.
But you are correct, sir. it is almost criminal to not run that fullback more.

I remember one coach at clemson that hit you with that fullback up the middle until you managed to stop it and then he "toss swept" and "optioned" you to death.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2014, 4:03 PM

The other Chad we use to have....Chad Jasmin, made that hard yard seem very simple. Morris acts like he has to change his entire offense for one lil thing, just add ONE power/goal line formation. We have the players to make it work.

Still the glory years!***

Oct 16, 2014, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Short Yardage - A little taste of the Fridge ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2014, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Short Yardage - A little taste of the Fridge ]

I remember that guy! LOL

I remember one year, I think it was 1989, when we played Carolina and beat them 45-0 I think it was. Coach Ford said postgame that we only ran three plays all night long. He said Carolina couldn't stop our run game so why run anything other than those three plays.

Brilliant coaching!

Oct 16, 2014, 4:01 PM

I think we just don't have the O-line to power people out the way, but we def need to install some type of goal line package and have all the BIGS in the there. Just try something different, cause this crap ain't cutting it. Gallman and Choice are capable and big enough, everything needs to happen quicker and not take so long to develop, its like they are in slow motion sometimes.

Does anyone remember the Rubber Duck going up & over?

Oct 16, 2014, 4:12 PM

Why not now?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2014, 4:18 PM

Give the ball to Boulware - defenders are scared of him and will run for cover.

jk- we have FLEMING - geez.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic