»
Topic: Serious question about positive COVID-19 tests & the season
Replies: 8   Last Post: Jul 2, 2020 4:43 PM by: franc1968®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

Serious question about positive COVID-19 tests & the season

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 2:39 PM

Do we know how many of the positive tests were symptomatic vs those that weren't? For both Clemson only and for the NCAA Power-5 football as a whole? Interesting how that's rarely reported, but anyway....

From everything I know and have read/heard - and I've done a lot of reading and listening - the young are the most likely to not be symptomatic or to have any significant issues with the virus. If that's the situation, then the concern isn't so much keeping the athletes from contracting the virus, but keeping them from spreading the virus outside of the campus environment. So given that, if they test positive but only a tiny fraction are symptomatic, and that to a minor (not requiring hospitalization or serious medical care) degree, who cares, as long as it doesn't spread outside of the campus?

I'm not saying we just let the virus run wild so we can have football, but am looking at the stats that show that younger people are more resistant, less likely to be symptomatic, and healthier in general.

I do foresee the Gathering at the Paw not being done this year, as a result, but just looking at the demographic facts that we do know, this makes sense to me. But what do I know - I don't have any fancy titles and haven't been elected to anything.

who cares, as long as it doesn't spread outside of campus

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 2:50 PM

well, students are not the only ones on campus

it would suck if someone like Robbie Caldwell got it

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: who cares, as long as it doesn't spread outside of campus

[1]
Posted: Jul 2, 2020 2:57 PM

True, but all of the coaches and other staff are obviously aware that they're around all those athletes and they can take precautions, such as the masks. If I'm 60+ and especially have a pre-existing condition, you can be sure I'll be wearing a mask every chance I get to protect me. This is my my opinion, but I don't expect others to look out for my well-being. That's my job, and I'm sure these coaches all feel the same way. Additionally, they can get tested weekly or even more frequently, due to the resources they have that you and I don't have, and can get better and more immediate treatment.

Re: Serious question about positive COVID-19 tests & the season

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 2:54 PM

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/now-even-common-cold-counted-positive-covid-19-result-cdc-says/

Re: Serious question about positive COVID-19 tests & the season

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 3:01 PM

Obviously the at risk require the most protection. Are we to do all this for the flu?65000-90000 deaths acceptable just cause it’s the flu and more people catch it?

2020 purple level member

63 symptomatic 17 asymptomatic***

[5]
Posted: Jul 2, 2020 3:05 PM

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg

Re: 63 symptomatic 17 asymptomatic***

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 3:33 PM

Link?

Yes, there is***

[2]
Posted: Jul 2, 2020 3:51 PM

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Thanks for the customer support***

[1]
Posted: Jul 2, 2020 4:43 PM

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 tickets in lower deck Sec UO asking 1400 each, email if interested.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
904 people have read this post