Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seeing some talk that our D hasn't been tested in the passing game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,515

Seeing some talk that our D hasn't been tested in the passing game

Dec 12, 2017, 10:03 AM

Some on espn say that Bama can exploit us with the deep ball and test our secondary. Do they not realize Bama is 84th in passing yards per game. Behind Louisville, Miami, Cuse, Usuck, NC St, Wake Forest, and Va Tech. I think we have seen bigger threats than Bama's passing. For the most part we have been pretty dang good in the secondary.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seeing some talk that our D hasn't been tested in the passing game

Dec 12, 2017, 10:06 AM

It took a monumental effort by two QBs this year (Cuse & NCST) to put points on use early in games. Neither had time to hold the ball and look downfield to test anyone. We are susceptible in the short passing game, but we will force you to make slow sustained drives and Hurt just isn't the passer to do that. Our secondary hasn't been tested because the DL is dominant. I don't expect that to change.

null

If Bama tries to throw all day on our defense then

Dec 12, 2017, 10:06 AM

there is a really good chance we win by 17 or more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Bama looking forward to not facing a "big boy" SEC defensive

Dec 12, 2017, 12:20 PM

secondary. The only place they play real defense is the SEC. Everyone knows that. Bama is 84th for a good reason. It just means more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Bama looking forward to not facing a "big boy" SEC defensive

Dec 12, 2017, 1:01 PM

^This guy gets it.
How dare we underestimate almighty Bama.

Dec 12, 2017, 10:10 AM

They are full of it. NC State had success with a timing passing game. Step back, get the ball out fast, use WR picks, etc. We were banged up on D for that game. Bama CANNOT do that, and we will largely be healthy for that game. Their best bet is to hold on blocking and run the big backs. That was the only thing they had success with last year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2017, 10:11 AM

Bama's passing offense is ranked so low because of those tough (and stout) SEC defenses! If they were playing against weaker ACC defenses, their passing offense would be ranked in the top 25 nationally.

MT

Dec 12, 2017, 10:12 AM

I think Mullen and Terrell have grown up a lot this season due to the injuries others have had. We should be just fine.

84th in passing against their schedule

Albeit 10th..... I’m guessing they loaded up on the patsies

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

We will play a lot of man coverage....so yes it’s fair to say that Bama will have opportunities to beat us over the top...especially if hurts can buy time with his feet....

I don’t think it will happen because he’s a one read and run QB anyway...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

We played much of the year without being full strength at dB.

Dec 12, 2017, 10:13 AM

I expect us to be which makes it even more helpful to get coverage sacks. The problem will be that jalen hurts is deadly when running on a broken play. You almost want him to throw it don’t you? I hope they keep pointing out things that our defense is weak at. It will bite them. Now what would be interesting to see what Dabo is seeing. I loved the interview last year where he said that after watching game film, he knew Ohio state was in trouble. I would love to know if he is seeing something now. Problem is that Saban is obviously no slouch either.

Re: We played much of the year without being full strength at dB.

Dec 12, 2017, 10:23 AM

Saban is great at what he does. He pays great attention to details/fundamentals. He is not great at creative playcalling. Without amazing special teams play and Lane Kiffin he would not have beat us in 2015. Kiffin is gone. I do not believe that can beat us with line play, this is how they whip so many of their opponents. Saban is in serious trouble on this one. The best thing they have going is the QB running. If we can contain that, this game could get ugly for Bama.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Him and Scarborough could cause problems but I do think

Dec 12, 2017, 10:40 AM

We are able to shut down the run pretty handily. We’ve struggled more with fast pace offense and with very good passing play. I don’t think that’s our opponent here.

The preface is that clemson will Likely

Dec 12, 2017, 10:38 AM

Bring people into the box leaving 1 on 1 match-ups.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: The preface is that clemson will Likely

Dec 12, 2017, 10:40 AM

And we may do that. I don't think Bama's receivers can get separation. I also don't think Hurts will have enough time to complete the deep throws. If that is Bama's plan, well... good luck with that.

Think there will there be a scenario where Saban...

Dec 12, 2017, 12:32 PM

will send in true frosh QB Tua Tagovailoa to hopefully spark the Tide passing game? This could be a surprise we may not prepare for although it would certainly be risky for Bama as well. A two QB rotation would more than be breaking a tendency for Nick Saban.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2017, 12:54 PM

Do people realize that Jalen Hurts is a linebacker playing QB? He cannot throw the football. Anyone that things Alabama an exploit us deep hasn't watched any Alabama games. I am more nervous for Nick Saban pulling a fast one and just starting Tua Tagovailoa instead of Hurts. If they can't run it and Tagovailoa isn't the one throwing it Jalen Hurts won't beat good teams with his arm.

Dec 12, 2017, 1:12 PM

Saban would never do that. He is too conservative. If we get a big lead, he might. I still think the Bama receivers will not be able to separate, so it doesn't matter who he puts in.

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,515
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic