Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scott Rhymer: No Pep Talk From Me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Nov 9, 2006, 3:40 PM

Scott Rhymer's thoughts on the Maryland and NC State games. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scott Rhymer: No Pep Talk From Me

Nov 9, 2006, 3:51 PM

What is this constant talk of "doing something special" ?
Seriously. I mean, I understood it at the beginning of the year. Then the loss to BC put a damper, but the straight wins until VT had me almost convinced.
After the loss to VT the whole "special" crap is just that: Crap. Then the loss to Maryland made the the "special" phrase even more meaningless.
I'll drive 500 miles to see the tigers (which I've done this season), but I'm tired of the whole "the team still has a chance of doing something special" thing is tired and cliche...

I suppose it's the 10 win season thing . . .

Nov 9, 2006, 3:57 PM

Given what could have (should have) been, it has lost some of the luster.

agreed...***

Nov 9, 2006, 3:58 PM

No moping here, just righteous anger at TB,

Nov 9, 2006, 3:52 PM

staff, and players who had their shot at glory and were too unprepared and unmotivated to get it done.

Re: No moping here, just righteous anger at TB,

Nov 9, 2006, 4:04 PM

Macin, especially being a home game, a 16 point favorite, knowing what was on the line, the coaches literally did not prepare them...

How were they not prepared???

Nov 9, 2006, 4:11 PM

That is an Excuse to blame the coaches.

How were they not prepared???

Nov 9, 2006, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: No moping here, just righteous anger at TB, ]

That is an Excuse to blame the coaches.

Oh yeah. You could clearly see it - they were dazed

Nov 9, 2006, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: No moping here, just righteous anger at TB, ]

and confused the whole game - coaches and players. God, I can feel my blood pressure going up just thinking about it!

At least you're spreading the blame.

Nov 9, 2006, 4:14 PM [ in reply to No moping here, just righteous anger at TB, ]

You win as a team and you lose as a team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 9, 2006, 4:03 PM

One thing on pep talks. We sit back knowing what the season is going to look like because we have seen it unfold now not for 14 years, but for the last 7 years. We know at the start of it all the tigers are going to try hard and fight but it wont amount to a acc title. But still yet we sit back and allow you and the rest of the "clemson football experts" to pep us up into this frenzy. It happened in 2000 when they reached # 4 in the polls knowing that they would lose to gt and fsu. But with having to rely on some helmet to tell us whose gonna win or lose aside , dont be upset if we get let down because of some let down turnouts for the tigers.

I have lost faith for this season. I will watch from home***

Nov 9, 2006, 4:26 PM

Re: I have lost faith for this season. I will watch from home***

Nov 9, 2006, 4:29 PM

Then you are not a true TIGER FAN!!! You are band wagon fan. I drive 500 miles every weekend to watch them and will be there this weekend.

well Cheers to you. I have been EVERY week since I was

Nov 9, 2006, 4:33 PM

10. I get tired of CTB screwing our team out of good things

Re: well Cheers to you. I have been EVERY week since I was

Nov 9, 2006, 4:36 PM

CTB does not screw us of plays. Players do not make the plays. You are very sour!!!!!!1

yep***

Nov 9, 2006, 4:38 PM

So what are you now, 11? :-)***

Nov 9, 2006, 5:41 PM [ in reply to well Cheers to you. I have been EVERY week since I was ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blah Blah Blah. Whatever!

Nov 10, 2006, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: I have lost faith for this season. I will watch from home*** ]

Let the man watch from home. He's no less of a fan. Get off your self rightous stump.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: I have lost faith for this season. I will watch from home***

Nov 9, 2006, 4:32 PM [ in reply to I have lost faith for this season. I will watch from home*** ]

Then you are not a true TIGER FAN!!! You are band wagon fan. I drive 500 miles every weekend to watch them and will be there this weekend.

heard you the first time***

Nov 9, 2006, 4:33 PM

Good I'm glad you're keeping your #### at home..............

Nov 9, 2006, 4:37 PM [ in reply to I have lost faith for this season. I will watch from home*** ]

we don't need you there with that attitude. And if you want to stay home for the USuC game I have plenty of friends who would love your tickets.

It may not be a good analogy but I'd hate to be in battle and have you in a foxhole with me.

Do I like getting beat, HE LL NO, do I agree with everything our players or coaches do, HE LL NO. But you bet your butt one thing I'll still be there to support them game after game. So good riddance to you and enjoy Sat. at home!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks!***

Nov 9, 2006, 4:38 PM

BITE ME *********************

Nov 9, 2006, 4:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dude.....haha...nevermind***

Nov 9, 2006, 4:45 PM

Maybe that's why he's staying at home.

Nov 10, 2006, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Good I'm glad you're keeping your #### at home.............. ]

You blind sheep go cheer hard! Go Tigers!

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

So, you are saying that you are a fairweather fan?***

Nov 9, 2006, 9:46 PM [ in reply to I have lost faith for this season. I will watch from home*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2006, 5:07 PM

I agree 110%. Now is the time to support our team and if these fans that were totally behind the team after Georgia Tech are now the ones that are jumping off the bandwagon, then let them go down to Columbia and join the Gamecrock club. They will be among many friends down there. Don't these people realize that the backbiting and namecalling looks horrible to our recruits?!! Sure, all of us have bad days, even coaches, but namecalling, threats to leave or fire anyone are only totally counterproductive. We have too much class to act like a bunch of disenfranchised poor mouthing petulant namecalling jerks like those at USUC. I'm going to be there Saturday and yell just as loud as I did at the Georgia Tech game. If support our team, be there and be loud. If you don't support our team and our program, then head on down to Gainesville with the rest of the A$$holes. I don't want you in Death Valley Saturday if you're not with us. Frank Howard said " If you're not going to give me 110%, then don't rub my rock". If you're not ready to give 110% for the Tigers Saturday, then stay home and I hope you get constipated!!!!!!!! Remember, these are college kids, not professionals out there on the field, so support them and all of our Tigers!!!

Nov 9, 2006, 6:21 PM

We will win the next 2 games and u will all shut up. Thats what Mr. Rhymer is trying to say. What do yall want "Danny back". He runs the same offense as Lou Holtz. How did that work huh? Buncha fair weather fans. 9 and 2 10 and 3. Thats a good darn season around these parts. Or would u rather have Tommy West back.

Nov 9, 2006, 6:30 PM

You can't bully people into being a fan. This site has a bunch of weirdo fans on it. Some of you need to get a life.

Nov 9, 2006, 6:33 PM

These freak fans love to see the team win. We could be Miami or Fla State this year but we are better. Can't Yall see its getting closer?The tide is turning

Ah.... winning takes MAGIC!***

Nov 9, 2006, 7:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great article - thanks.

Nov 9, 2006, 8:39 PM

With all going on in the nation this week, a lost football game seems minor. I'm deployed to the Persian Gulf, and while I watched the game and was disappointed with the outcome, I'm over it. I have bigger things to occupy my time and energy.

Tommy Bowden is the answer for Clemson. Without him we would not have JD, CJ, Gaines, or WK coming here next year.

Some people people just need to jump off the ledge and not return.

Re: Great article - thanks.

Nov 10, 2006, 8:25 AM

WHAT??!!! If you are already over the loss then you are NOT A TRUE TIGER FAN!!!!! True fans never get over losses!! Dont watch any more games if you cant be a true fan! We dont want you to watch our beloved tigers if you arent going to be 100% fanatical!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!! (jk)

Jump! Jump!***

Nov 10, 2006, 1:26 PM

Re: Great article - thanks.

Nov 10, 2006, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Great article - thanks. ]

Thanks, OkiTiger for reminding me of a statement I made to a UGA fan 2 weeks into the season- I had learned TB had made a personal phone call to a young Clemson fan battling cancer, offering her a chance to visit the team and run down the hill when she was able (she passed away last night), and the story of Ray Ray and Fahmar had reached national attention. I explained that I love to win as much as anybody, but that type of integrity is invaluable- winning season or not. I am so glad that our young people have rolemodels like OkiTiger who put their lives on the line for our freedom to attend football games! It will be a priviledge to honor you on Military Heritage Day!

Nov 10, 2006, 4:00 PM

No, we don't need a pep talk. We need a team that plays well consistently for at least most of the games. A trademark of Tommy Bowden teams has been that they play well in stretches, then lose it for several weeks in a row, and this Saturday, despite the point spread and all the talk, could be the same way. This team was in sleepwalk mode for most of the Wake Forest until Spiller and Adams made a couple of plays. They were up for the GT game, then back down for both VT and Maryland. No life at all. The emphasis at the beginning of the year was being ready to play every game, and that was preached by Bowden and the players before the UNC game, the La. Tech game and the Temple game. Maybe there shouldn't have been any pep talks before those games, and the bad should have gotten out of the way then. Next year, with another first-year starter at QB, will be the same. And the next year. And the next year.

What a bunch of babies...

Nov 10, 2006, 8:23 PM

This is a great article. And those of you whining and moaning and groaning, please go pull for some other team, and please stay away from this board, Death Valley and the Clemson Tigers. We don't need you!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic