Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scott Davis is such a whiner, long read
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,100

Scott Davis is such a whiner, long read

Sep 19, 2018, 4:50 PM

but it takes a while to cry rivers

https://mailchi.mp/gamecockcentral.com/scott-davis-the-gauntlet-that-is-the-2019-football-schedule?e=b49797942a

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Scott Davis is such a whiner, long read

Sep 19, 2018, 5:17 PM

First time they've played Bama in like 8 years. (We've played them 3 times since then)

Missouri and Tennessee are rejuvenated? (since when?)

Kentucky is a dogfight? (only if you suck)

You're scared of App St?

I couldn't read any farther...

The SEC is decent at the top. Obviously Bama is best in the country, and Auburn/LSU/UGA are solid most years (all in the West besides UGA, and they really hadn't gotten over the hump until last year).

Vandy/UK/Gcocks/Mizzou/UT/Old Miss/Miss St/A&M/UF haven't been any better than any other conference's middle of the road teams in the last 10 years. One or 2 step up each year and are half decent, while the rest suck.

The Gcocks would have the same trouble in any league in the country. Pretty much every year (besides 2 or so when they had Clowney) they would lose to USC/Stanford/Washington, TCU/OU/OSU, OSU/PSU/Wiscy, Clemson/VT/FSU. They just need to step up their game if playing average teams is so tough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting, in 2015 when App St made it into the rankings

Sep 19, 2018, 5:19 PM

all Coots told me was it was ridiculous to cite them as a tough opponent. Now they wanna say that App St "scares the living shizz out of every Power Five team alive".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting, in 2015 when App St made it into the rankings

Sep 19, 2018, 9:29 PM

Anybody besides me notice something about this “Sorry Excuse Conference” whine fest? The author apparently is so fixated upon his terrible schedule that he conveniently failed to mention the one team which should scare the crap out his beloved chickens. I’ll give Tiger fans one guess who he purposefully overlooked! Frankly I hope Clemson takes WBS by storm and buries the state rival once again.

He wants a tough schedule then try looking at TAMU’s for 2019! Auburn, Bama, Arkansas, Georgia, LSU and Usuck along with Ole Miss. and Miss. St. USCe will a piece of cake compared everybody else with the exception of Arkansas!

Whine away Mr. Davis! Clemson fans will enjoy reminding you of 1969 and your one championship trophy ?? compared to twenty plus for Clemson’s trophy case along with multiple national championships. Winning those far outweighs what your team has accomplished despite what you think of a conference your administration left because you could not compete and win as your basketball coach wanted.

Go Tigers ??!!

Sep 20, 2018, 9:25 AM

He mentioned Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia, so not sure which you mean.

"Of the Gamecocks' home games, one involves Alabama, Nick Saban and Tua Tagovaloia, and another against an archrival that has been in the College Football Playoff three years in a row and will likely go a fourth time this season.

They’ll go on the road to Athens to play a Georgia team that appears to be ascending into the game’s uppermost echelon and one that routed them at home this year."

Sep 20, 2018, 9:51 AM

He did not mention Clemson specifically by name. That is a slight if I ever saw one.

Go Tigers!

Apparently the slogan is true at USuCks

Sep 19, 2018, 6:20 PM

The SEC just means more:

More whining
More crying
More moaning
More groaning
More empty trophy cases
More comparing yourselves to far superior teams
More coat tail riding

The list could go on and on and on.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scott Davis is such a whiner, long read

Sep 20, 2018, 9:29 AM

With all of his whining, wonder why he fails to discuss their scary "SEC powerhouse schedule" games against Charleston Southern, Open Date, and Open Date that they play the week prior to Alabama, Georgia, and Clemson?

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,100
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic